TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Busch Gardens Europe 4-2

I joined the US Army convoy down 64 for a beautiful day at Busch Gardens on Sunday afternoon. I've been to BG every year since the mid 90s, but I don't ever remember going this early in the season. One thing I didn't think about was the fact that the trees were still bare for the most part, providing some nice photo opportunities that you won't find a few weeks from now in such a heavily landscaped park. Normally I woudn't post the same old photos of the 4 coasters there, but I thought I got a few good ones today that would be worth checking out.

As usual, no major changes to report. Just fresh paint everywhere.

I did notice several changes to DarKastle during the ride, but nothing significant. It almost looks like they just spliced some of the scenes toward the end and put them together in a different order. It still doesn't make sense. I still can't get over the fact that they have a completely unfinished room in the middle of the ride. Oh well, I gave it a shot. I probably won't feel the need to ride it again until next year.

Another thing I noticed (and I think this has been mentioned before) was the beer stands throughout the park midways. I know at one ponint there was a Virginia Law that said alcohol had to be consumed in a designated area near where it was sold. I'm not sure if that changed, but today there were people walking around with aluminum Budweiser bottles all throughout the park. I saw different people chugging down 2 or 3 beers at a time in just about every line I stood in. I'm not opposed to this or anything, I just thought it was different that the park was clearly allowing it whether it was supposed to be permitted or not. I know it wasn't like that before.

Last but not least, I spotted lots and lots of orange markers on trees directly behind the Loch Ness Monster station. I appologize if this has been mentioned in another thread, I just haven't seen it. The markers spanned an area from the supports for Alpengeist's cobra roll all the way over to the Loch Ness Monster runout. Hopefully a good sign of things to come... or maybe they're just taking out trees, who knows.

markers.jpg.db543b8fe6ec7b65e6c19ae5be7560f5.jpg

Markers! Taken from the exit side of Loch Ness station.

bbw1.jpg.d671cda89472da7191527e7d54e95af6.jpg

Almost the coolest picture ever. I didn't get the train in a good position, but my batteries died right after this picture

alpengeist2.jpg.f6cc3d1e4a6ee21cc8c4fb004aa5b894.jpg

alpengeist1.jpg.ae9a23dddaded941cc4978b467b0a70f.jpg

I figured out how to get my camera to blur the trains. I have several other picture of various coasters like this. Pretty cool :-)

alpengeist3.jpg.c2a29d1bd1f61e3ff984e963f9232f32.jpg

A cool shot through the bare trees

apollolift.jpg.0b365bfe5afd414bc0972c24f1ddc084.jpg

3 train operation with a 3 train wait. Can't get much better than that!

convoy.jpg.47eee23be7e95c9909ea58b6b19addd0.jpg

Go Army!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What made you name this "Busch Garderns Europe"? It made me think there was a BG in Europe I was unaware of....lol....

But I must thank you for the picture of the Apollo's Chariot track.....that is my favorite VA roller coaster.

Just the sight of the track makes me want to make my hotel reservations in the Williamsburg area.

What made you name this "Busch Garderns Europe"? It made me think there was a BG in Europe I was unaware of....lol....

Busch gardens Europe and Busch Gardens Africa are apparently the new "official" names of the Williamsburg and Tampa Parks.