Photo TR: PGA 4/1 Opening Day.

Survivor with Ryan, Sean, Al, and Kelly
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Photo TR: PGA 4/1 Opening Day.

Postby Bush985 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:46 pm

Well yesterday was the grand opening of PGA's Survivor the ride, well actually "Technical Rehersals." After a long hard day at the park, I joined up Al, Sean and Kelly for some fun. One of them won wristbands so we could stay in the park till 10. None the less, lets get to the pics.

BTW, Survivor really is an awesome ride. I rode twice yesterday, and a few times the day before and it is certainly a great re-rideable ride. Check it out!

-RD
1.jpg
Driving down 101 after I had to go back home to change.
2.jpg
Rolling up to the VIP lot and checking out Skytower.
3.jpg
Headed straight back to Survivor to get some pictures for NCC. The enterance.
5.jpg
Now some fun. Sit in the section between the Orange and Pruple for the best ride. IMO
6.jpg
Another shot.
7.jpg
Flying Disko!
8.jpg
The queue house. The middle TV will play the interactive part while the side two will measure the noise level.
9.jpg
Al and I posing on our first ride of the night on Survivor. Orange Section of course.
10.jpg
A final night shot. Notice the Pyro.. I missed it by a few seconds.. Oh well. I have plenty of other oppurtunities for Pyro Pics.
11.jpg
Drop Zone Time. Notice the vacant seat... Where is Sean... Oh he didn't "want to ride."
12.jpg
It was time to holla at some ladies afta da Drop Dizzle ride. Pimp hats and Spinna's in hand we roll.
13.jpg
Sean "The Money" Menafee knows how to roll at PGA. He actually bought a fat bling necklace.
14.jpg
Sean reppin da Bling! About five seconds after this picture was taken Sean hid the bling in his shirt out of fear of getting his arse kicked.
15.jpg
So RLD Time, now it's Top Gun time. Sean, Al and Kelly pose for a picture while we wait for the front row.
16.jpg
We ended up the night pretty much with a flight on Xtreme Skyflyer, then a ride on Flying Eagles. Good times at PGA.

Blank Title

Postby Sean Menefee » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:24 pm

Ha, You can tell how happy Kelly is to be around my goofy ass. :oops:

It was a really fun day though, and I brought home a little piece of that Bay Area "bling bling" back to the valley. Last but not least, make sure to head up and check out Survivor, it's a really cool addition to PGA's lineup this year.

Edit....

P.S. Drop towers still scare the hell outta me, I know.... I'm a sissy.

Postby Bush985 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:02 am

Yea, that was one hell of a trip. Dude some day we are gonna get you on Drop Zone and Xtreme. Face it.

-RD

THE_J3W

Postby man » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:11 pm

well looks like it was fun I was there too :P I didnt wanna go on the sky coaster there because its so small compared to the 180 ft ones. The thing I find funny is when people go up and wont pull the thing. You go up you might as well come down a fun way instead of real slow.

edit: I got survivor 4 times

Postby Bush985 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:02 pm

FYI, The skycoaster is 170 ft. Only 10 feet shorter. So it really isn't that big of a difference. Not like SFMW's where it's only 100ft and you have no free fall sensation. I didn't pay for anyway, I'm a Skycoaster Site Controller, so any flight on a Skycoaster comes at no cost.

Glad you had fun.

-RD

THE_J3W

Postby man » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:37 pm

HOLY CRAP are you serious. wait whats a site controller. I just wanna get the 300 ft one in flordia.

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive