TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TP GA Sunday April 2nd

I wanted to post brief trip report. We saw a lot of positive changes with GA. We also found some negative. Some of the negative was opening weekend jitters.

Everyone was very friendly. Way too many pictures takers. They are all through the park, it's anoying. We headed to KK which was not running, so we took our son on the Flying Elephents. My wife just stuck him in the seat and she just sat down but didn't buckle themselfs in yet when the ride started. She was screaming to me. I had the Op stop the ride. He had no idea what he did wrong. Maybe he needs to check for belts? I reported the problem to a sup who came over and retrained him. We were not looking to getting anyone in trouble but for the safety of the kids we did what we needed to do. The next ride was the "Lady Bug" or something like that. I was stopped at the gate. The Op said you must be 54 inches to ride.

I said "NO" she said yes. I said you need to be over 5 foot tall to ride this ride? I looked at the sign which said no one over 54 inches can ride. Which meant no one can ride. She called a sup over and he corrected the matter. After the opening day jitters everything was great. The weather Sunday was amazing. The park wasn't that crazy and we got to ride plenty. We stayed longer then we plained and we bought lunch so they got an extra 20.00 from our family. We shared our lunch to keep the cost down. Here is a link to a photo and another to the gallery for the day.

El Toro

http://www.coasterreview.com/twister/view.php?dispsize=852&album=D70%2FGA+Opening+Weekend+2006&pic=DSC_3931.jpg&start=0&picindex=19&mode=

Gallery of todays photos

http://www.coasterreview.com/twister/index.php?album=D70/GA%20Opening%20Weekend%202006

Twisterbret

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is Conner on the Lady Big ride. This is the ride where the Operator thought you must be 54 inches or taller to ride. She even had a 54 inch stick. The signed said must be below 54 inches. Therefore no one is able to ride and she had nothing too do LOL

bug1.jpg.d5650e6a6905faf6bb238325490288de.jpg

It annoys me. It annoys me that seeing how awsome El Toro is turning out I'm actually starting to think taking viper down was a good move on the park's behalf. sure, many people might think that rregardless of what was built instead but I thought viper was cool.

as for the ladybug ride thing, I'm not familiar with the imperial measure technique, but aren't toddlers under 54? And isn't it a toddler ride?

It annoys me. It annoys me that seeing how awsome El Toro is turning out I'm actually starting to think taking viper down was a good move on the park's behalf. sure, many people might think that rregardless of what was built instead but I thought viper was cool.

as for the ladybug ride thing, I'm not familiar with the imperial measure technique, but aren't toddlers under 54? And isn't it a toddler ride?

It is a toddler ride. Thats what makes it so funny.

I was never a fan of Viper. I rode it twice. It hurt my neck rather badly each time.

It is a toddler ride. Thats what makes it so funny.

I was never a fan of Viper. I rode it twice. It hurt my neck rather badly each time.

if it is, in fact, atoddler ride, what's theproblemw ith it being for people under 54 inches only?

Great pics Bret! Funny how we split almost from the start, never saw each other again, yet managed to get pretty much the same pictures. Though I will say, your camera takes much better pictures than mine does. Of course, I don't have to carry the world's largest waist pack around either!

if it is, in fact, atoddler ride, what's theproblemw ith it being for people under 54 inches only?

You missed the point.

The ride op though that you had to be OVER 54 inches to ride, where as it meant you had to be UNDER 54 inches to ride.

You missed the point.

The ride op though that you had to be OVER 54 inches to ride, where as it meant you had to be UNDER 54 inches to ride.

oh, I see, I must've misread?

It was supposedly like that all over the park. I was reading about the employee issues on another site and someone said on the parachutes, supposedly an employee sent up a parachute with too many people in it and the employee didn't even realize it wasn't working right until a few minutes later (they were busy with another parachute). Some else claimed that on some of the coasters the workers didn't understand when they were told to re-check rows and some people said their restraints weren't even checked.

It was supposedly like that all over the park. I was reading about the employee issues on another site and someone said on the parachutes, supposedly an employee sent up a parachute with too many people in it and the employee didn't even realize it wasn't working right until a few minutes later (they were busy with another parachute). Some else claimed that on some of the coasters the workers didn't understand when they were told to re-check rows and some people said their restraints weren't even checked.

remidns me of the time I went on Nitro and sat in a seat with a lap bar that had duct tpae all over it. I figured they'd already tell me something if osmething was wrong with it, seeing as I was int he front row,a nd sitting in front of the ride op. but afte ra while of them not telling me anything, just to be on the safe side, I aksed one of the local ops whats upw itht he duct tape and THEN their highness remembered to tell me that seat is broekn and I should wait for the next train. feh.

No disrespect or anything here in this post...

There is an abundance of international workers at the park and a lot of them really had a hard time with English. I know that we had our run-ins with it this weekend and a lot of other people did too.

No disrespect or anything here in this post...

There is an abundance of international workers at the park and a lot of them really had a hard time with English. I know that we had our run-ins with it this weekend and a lot of other people did too.

no such probelms when I was there. o_o

I dont think I met a single foreign ride op, as a mattaer of fact.

I definetly saw an abundance of Taiwanese employees this past Friday and Saturday. The RideOps did a pretty good job, but they couldn't understand the guests when there was a problem, and that could be a major safety issue.

I also witnessed another Taiwanese employee working a register who could not figure out how much change to give. The guest in front of me in line needed to tell him exactly what to give him, quarters, dimes, etc.

My only concern is with the placement of these employees. Any employee who will be dealing with guest safety or interacting directly with guests at all should be able to converse with them. I fault the management for some of these decisions. For instance, the employee that had a hard time at the register, had an American woman getting the food. Those employees should have been switched.