Photo TR: John's "Mega 2006 Orlando Trip"

**Page 5: MGM**
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
¡Vamos a Seis Banderas!

Postby pvcoasterguy » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:49 pm

^ They aren't. Universal simply retracks Dudley's drop every single year. This rumor is brought up every year also, when they retrack. It will be the same as always.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby willski » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:31 pm

^Except normally it only takes a month. It's been down since mid-October and shows few signs of re-opening soon.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby JT3000 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:36 pm

pvcoasterguy wrote:^ They aren't. Universal simply retracks Dudley's drop every single year. This rumor is brought up every year also, when they retrack. It will be the same as always.

No, this is not normal. It has a winter rehab every year; but it was only re-tracked once or twice. And even that didn't last this long. And I've gotten confirmation from Uni team members that it's being changed in some way.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Usf geek » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:22 am

Whatever's going on you can bet your life that something WILL be changing, Whether Its the logs or the drop.
I think It Is very possible that they are redoing the drop, They have had lots of complaints concerning injuries on the ride, A little girl even cut her head.
Not to mention the fact that theres scaffolding under the mine shack.

Postby JT3000 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:10 am

Usf geek wrote:Whatever's going on you can bet your life that something WILL be changing, Whether Its the logs or the drop.
I think It Is very possible that they are redoing the drop, They have had lots of complaints concerning injuries on the ride, A little girl even cut her head.

... the hell? :|

¡Vamos a Seis Banderas!

Postby pvcoasterguy » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:22 pm

There was little changed on Dudley when I went about a week ago. While the logs may be changed, I highly doubt that the drop is going to be changed in any significant manner. Now I don't have any "reliable souces" like some of you, and I don't live right next to Universal, but I for one have faith in Universal. They won't change it. (Of course, this is all speculation...)

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby ChrisFL » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:09 pm

Well it has historically had injuries, so they've changed the seating layout 2 times IIRC, and also the drop layout once so far...Im pretty sure they're going to adjust it again.

Randomness

Postby coasterdude5 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:08 pm

^How did they change the seating layouts?

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby ChrisFL » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:22 pm

They went from 2-3 people just sitting in front of another, to having individual seats.

Postby JT3000 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:17 pm

pvcoasterguy wrote:There was little changed on Dudley when I went about a week ago. While the logs may be changed, I highly doubt that the drop is going to be changed in any significant manner. Now I don't have any "reliable souces" like some of you, and I don't live right next to Universal, but I for one have faith in Universal. They won't change it. (Of course, this is all speculation...)

I'll take my sources over your faith & doubts, but that's just me I guess. And I don't know what you were looking at, but I can gaurantee you wouldn't be able to see what's being altered unless you were A.) on the ride or B.) one of the crew working on it. Seeing as the ride is closed and you don't work for UO, there isn't much to observe.

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive