Photo TR: John's "Mega 2006 Orlando Trip"

**Page 5: MGM**
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Randomness

Postby coasterdude5 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:12 am

Day 4: Universal

Originally, we set out to spend one day at Universal Studios, and one day at Islands of Adventure. I just really wasn't impressed (lots of stuff broken down) so we did both parks in one day.

Universal Studios

We got in and of course I ran to the coaster I've been dreaming of riding simce it opened. And it was broken down. So we went and rode Earthquake. It was a fun ride, shorter than what I thought it was gonna be but the preshow stuff was cool.

Then we went back to Mummy and it was opened with a 15 minute wait.

- Revenge of the Mummy (9/10)
This ride was everything I thought it was going to be. Since it was my first launched coaster, it really amazed me. The theming was also spectacular. I rerode 2 more times. (using the single-rider lines) (and yes, I have friends!!)

After that, we ate lunch at some cool Irish place where you get free desserts, nice! Then we went over to Jaws. Broken. But as soon as we turned to walk away, "JAWS IS NOW OPEN!" So it was about a ten-fifteen minute wait.

- Jaws (5/10)
This ride was pretty cool. I guess our "skipper" kinda ruined it because he was so enthusiastic, I thought he was going to jump in the water and fight jaws with his bare hands. Still, a pretty cool ride.

Then we went over to MIB but the line was to long so our group seperated and my side went and rode Mummy more!

After that, we decided to go on over to Islands of Adventure

Islands of Adventure

Maybe it was just having a bad day, but this park kinda dissapointed me a bit. Lots of rides were broken down, and just the park itself wasn't as big I thought it would be.

- Incredible Hulk (10/10)
This is now my #1 coaster! There is just no beating the massive zero-g roll and all the elements. It was truly one of the best rides I've been on.

So we strolled around some more and then decided to go back to the hotel.
100_1986.JPG
Universal Studios!
100_1984.JPG
So close!
100_1991.JPG
I had had my share of 4D movies!
100_1997.JPG
I never could figure out who this dude was!
100_2003.JPG
Finally!
100_2005.JPG
Oh no, its the vertically challenged dudes!
100_2011.JPG
Speaks for itself.
100_2013.JPG
He's eating everyone!!
100_2019.JPG
Line was a bit too long.
100_2028.JPG
Sorry, I'm not waiting 40 minutes to ride this thing.
100_2037.JPG
Cool animal planet live show!
100_2048.JPG
Swing monkey, swing!
100_2053.JPG
Islands of Adventure!
100_2059.JPG
HULK!
100_2068.JPG
100_2060.JPG
100_2063.JPG
Sorry, I walked right past the entrance for this!
100_2073.JPG
Not open...
100_2078.JPG
Ha...
100_2100.JPG
Cool Hulk shot.
100_2102.JPG
I'm sorry, I didn't see any of the Mack Track, lol, it rhymes!!
100_2084.JPG
Its the famous jeep!
100_2113.JPG
Loop!
100_2104.JPG
Sure it is...
100_2125.JPG
Later Islands of Adventure!
100_2131.JPG
Now for my favorite ride of the day,
FLAT ESCALATOR!!!

Not Everyone In Germany Wears Lederhosen and Eats Sauerkraut

Postby Hattuchili » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:26 am

Universal looks really cool. I can´t wait to go to the parks and it isn´t far away! =)

--Sören
--> from good old Germany and back in Orlando!

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby gmoney422 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:01 am

I have to agree! I haven't been on too many coasters yet, but The Hulk is my #1 so far! (Second to Medusa at SFGA.)

I feel lift hills take too long, so a launch up the lift hill scratches me right where I itch! I went on the Hulk 6 times when we were there last year.

Sad that the park had so many rides closed. Sorry you got a bad impression. It's really a great place when everything's functioning.

But at least you got to ride the Mummy. That was my #1 before I rode the Hulk. Did you see the homage to King Kong in the treasure room?

There's a statue of King Kong in the treasure room on the right side about in the middle. It's the only thing in the room really made of gold! Nice fun fact for ya...!

- G "Don't judge Universal by 1 bad trip" Money

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:07 am

Great pics, John! Expedition Evacuation looks amazing! I wanna ride ;)

Did you ride Dueling Dragons? If not, wow! And what about Jurassic Park? Again, if not, wow! They both rock! Oh, and you are so not a good credit whore! I wait for kiddie coasters! You suck :)

Again, great pics, can't wait for the rest of them!
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby dougr » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:14 am

Evil thought: Is Disney going to see the sucess of EE and rebuild Matterhorn?
Could be sacrilige.
Could work. :br

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby willski » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:32 am

Speaking of being disappointed about IoA, I just found out that DD will be closed when I am there later this year (May 13-16), as will Ripsaw Falls, which has been closed for a loooong time.

I would change the date, but since everything (airfare, meals, tickets, hotel) is being paid for by AAA, I can't change the dates. I guess all I can do is hope that the painting goes super fast.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Usf geek » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:38 am

willski wrote:Speaking of being disappointed about IoA, I just found out that DD will be closed when I am there later this year (May 13-16), as will Ripsaw Falls, which has been closed for a loooong time.

I would change the date, but since everything (airfare, meals, tickets, hotel) is being paid for by AAA, I can't change the dates. I guess all I can do is hope that the painting goes super fast.

There just might be a chance It might be open by then (Don't quote me on that) Track has been spotted near the ride and all the exterior work looks done, Although there Is talk of them modifying the final drop (Taking out the plunge) So I really can't say.

Although the 'Seuss trolley-train ride' should be open (Again, don't quote me on that one)

And where did you find out about DD being closed?

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby willski » Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:33 pm

^Well, I've already been to both parks, I just need a few credits there (both at USF, and Pteranodon Flyers). Plus, it's already paid for by AAA.

I really hope they don't mess with Ripsaw Falls, it was fantastic last time I rode it.

DD is going to be down from April 23rd to June 4th; this is from the DD webpage on the IoA website. I'm guessing that they are painting it or doing some sort of train rehab.

http://www.universalorlando.com/ioa_attr_dd.html

Randomness

Postby coasterdude5 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:05 pm

Yeah, it needs some new paint, the red was a pinkish-orange.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby JT3000 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:48 pm

They're supposedly taking out the hill after the final drop on Dudley due to injuries, which completely sucks. Hopefully the least they do is overhaul the theming. That's the ride's major weakness. Without the drop's intensity, it won't have much at all.

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive