Photo TR: John's "Mega 2006 Orlando Trip"

**Page 5: MGM**
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:38 pm

Wow, great Photo TR! You certainly got some exclusive EE pictures from your E-stop experience. Thanks for posting.

Randomness

Postby coasterdude5 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:48 pm

Day 2: Animal Kingdom

I really liked this park! Alot of people complain because it's "like a zoo". But I liked it. And what's wrong with zoo's?

Of course, as soon as I got there, I hurried over to Everest.

Side note: Disney really should've just named this ride MOUNT Everest, because that's the only thing I heard the ride called. Whatever.

So anyway, if you read the first post you know about the everest evacuation. After that, we went over and rode Dinosaur.

- Dinosaur (8.5/10)
This ride really surprised me. I thought we were just going to cruise through a few rooms with a few bumps. Was I wrong! I rode it twice and still was amazed.

After that I went back and rode ALL of EE.

- Expedition Everest (9/10)
The ride itself is massive. For me, the pictures didn't really showing. Yeah, from the parking lot, it does look like a mountain is eating a warehouse, but from the front, WOW. And you can hear the screams from a long distance a way as well. The theming is pure Disney. The realism is just uhhh... REAL. Like others, the line moved too fast, there was so much to look at. The actual coaster was very nice, I'm not sure what happens in the reverse indoor section, but it was intense! The "big" drop was also very nice, especially in the back. And the videos just didn't seem to capture how close the yeti comes to you. Very very awesome.

After Everest we went and ate at Restaurantosaurus. What an experience. The lineS were out the door so my parents told my brother and me to go grab a seat. Every table was taken. We finally see a family about to leave so we inch towards the table. This man, maybe in his 40's, runs right in front of me and says in a sarcastic tone "oh, did you want this" and being nice, I said, "no, you can go ahead and have it". I'm not good at talking back to adults so we kept looking.

Then we see another family getting up. I go over and the man at the table puts his arm in front of me so I couldn't sit down, and lets another family sit down. Pure evil! I've never seen people be so rude and agressive over FOOD!

After we finally got a table, the food was there! Perfect timing.

After that, we went and saw "It's tough to be a bug". They put too many people in the row so I was crunched in between two seats so I didn't really "feel" any of the movie. Then we got Fastpasses for Kali River Rapids and rode Dinosaur again.

- Kali River Rapids. (6/10)
I was really bracing myself for a drencher but I got my shorts a little damp. Other than the drop, the ride was very mild but had awesome theming so that made up for the ride.

After Kali, we got in line for Kilamanjaro Safaris. It just goes to show you can't use FASTPASS on everything! A 70 minute wait.

- Kilamanjaro Safaris (8/10)
This ride really impressed me. It wasn't my favorite ride but it was still fun. Especially seeing the look on my brother's face when the bridge started to "collapse". Priceless. We had an okay, kinda fake sounding tour guide. But the sights were still outstanding!

Then we rode the train out to Rafiki's Planet Watch and looked around there.

Since the park closes at 6:00, we were off, another awesome day! The park itself is pretty good but will get better as they add more.
100_1666.JPG
MOUNT Everest!
100_1664.JPG
I see monkeys!
100_1671.JPG
Ha-ha! I have a re-entry pass!!
100_1677.JPG
Exclusivness!
100_1681.JPG
More Everest stuff
100_1683.JPG
Someone goes "that's a really long train!"
100_1687.JPG
How did they do it without supports? We'll never know....
100_1695.JPG
Darn, I missed the Tarzan show.
100_1706.JPG
Monkey playground!
100_1707.JPG
Not a very wet ride! If you go down the drop facing forward, anyway!
100_1704.JPG
PEOPLE!
100_1721.JPG
A distant view
100_1743.JPG
Whitish pink flamingos!
100_1722.JPG
OH MY GOSH! Oh, its some dude's head! Look for another head appearence tomorrow!

Full Fledged Pirate Enthusiast!

Postby phazan » Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:19 pm

Best update for this TR yet!
Good to hear Everest was good, and yes I guess it should be Mt.Everest but oh well. Good to hear that was a fun day!

Oh and I liked the flamingos! :b

Oh and one more thing. I would have slapped that table stealing guy! well not really...

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby resonancej » Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:43 pm

It looks like there's not much to see on the EE evac. just parts of the lift hill and the intro track. Glad you enjoyed the ride, it's not too wild as far as roller coasters go but it's a lot of fun. I actually had the fortune of being on a rock n rollercoaster evac right as you run into the brake tunnel, they walked us thru the warehouse with the lights on and DAMN that's a small track...you spend the whole time running in knots.

Randomness

Postby coasterdude5 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:34 pm

Oh yeah, the "expedition evacuation" was 95% sarcasm. It's just funny of how big of a deal the cast members make of it.

This is how Canadians get their rocks off!

Postby johnrose » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:43 pm

Killer report! Loved the mix of rides and random scenery.

Keep it up!

SLC's Rule!

Postby kennywood!007 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:52 pm

Great TR John! Can't wait to see more. :b LMAO of the pis of Everest with the two trains "Wow, thats a really long train! :lmao:

-Zack

Randomness

Postby coasterdude5 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:32 pm

Day 3: Epcot (day 1 out of 2)

Epcot was my favorite park out of all six parks. Scary, I know. We got there and immediately rode Spaceship Earth. A very nice ride! (But not worth a review, ha-ha)

Then we headed over to The Land pavillion and got fast passes for Soarin for SEVEN hours later. And this was only an hour after they had opened. This man was screaming at a cast member "two hour wait, this sucks, this sucks" It was pretty funny.

Then we waited a long one hour for "Honey, I shrunk the Audience" it was okay, but not worth a one hour wait.

Then we went and rode "Living with the land" It was okay, I would've liked it more if I was a farmer. Then we went over towards Test Track:

- Test Track 9.9/10
The only thing wrong with this ride is that I wish it was longer! Without a doubt the best ride at Epcot.

As some of you might know, I HATE HATE HATE spinning, so I skipped Mission: Space. It's just not worth getting sick for the rest of the day.

Oh yeah, I don't care what anyone says, SINGLE RIDER LINE is the best thing that's happened to a park since.... I got to ride Test Track over and over because of it. I could care less if I was with the people I'm with, it's not like you're having a social conversation while going 65mph!

Then we got some lunch at the Mexico pavillion and rode Maelstrom! Cool little short water ride with trolls!

Then it was time to head back to Soarin'! People in the regular line shoot some mean looks as you're flying by in the FASTPASS lane. Oh well.

- Soarin (8/10)
I originally thought you'd get pulled up in front of this flat little movie screen and fly around. Was I wrong! The screen is somewhat of a bubble so it really engulfs you. The whole experience is really breathtaking. (I don't want to give too many spoilers away!

Then we ate dinner at Oktoberfest (where was Soren?) and then we watched Illuminations. It was a really awesome day.
100_1791.JPG
For you, Elissa!
100_1792.JPG
HEAD APPERANCE #2!
100_1795.JPG
best ride at Epcot!
100_1798.JPG
Cool El' Rio del Tiempo ride!
100_1804.JPG
MAELSTROM!
100_1815.JPG
ME in front of the golfball.
100_1813.JPG
Now I know why the floor at Ice Station Cool is so sticky!
100_1809.JPG
Awesome ride!
100_1823.JPG
Cool GM showroom!
100_1824.JPG
I finally saw it in person!!
100_1839.JPG
This duck was at the Off Kilter concert the whole time.
100_1818.JPG
golfball shot
100_1835.JPG
Crazy Off Kilter band
100_1855.JPG
ball.... at night
100_1893.JPG
Awesome restaurant!
100_1926.JPG
Epcot Golfball.... more epcot pics later!

Full Fledged Pirate Enthusiast!

Postby phazan » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:08 am

Nice TR so far! Sounds like you really liked Epcot.
Ive never been to WDW, but is Epcot a seperate admission like DL and DCA? And what about Animal Kingdom? Are they all separate parks?

Randomness

Postby coasterdude5 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:58 pm

Yeah, they're all separate, and pretty spaced apart.

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive