Photo TR: Jeepers, Palisades Center, Sports Plus

and off-season Dorney Park
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
What's with the donkeys anyway?

Photo TR: Jeepers, Palisades Center, Sports Plus

Postby arson » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:22 am

Once again, Kevin, Tim, and myself set out to get some indoor kiddy credits. This time, we went to New York. But first, we had to stop at Dorney Park for some off-season pics. We also stopped off at a close Burger King (but not just any Burger King, a Burger King that has a view of Talon through the drive-through window).

Leaving Allentown, we headed to West Nyack, New York. The Palisades Center is a huge, huge mall (said to be the third largest in the US). It also has a Jeepers in it, which is what brought us there. Another Python Pit credit down (a good one, too). The we walked around the mall.

With four stories, and a ton of retailers, it took us four and a half hours to leave the mall. Highlights for us included Circuit City, Best Buy, Target, an Imax theater and 21-screen movie theaters, an Ice rink, an antique carousel, and a ferris wheel. They also have a Disney store, Lego store, Apple store, Sharper Image store, and a Post Office. I hadn't really heard too much about this mall before, and everything seemed new, and there didn't seem to be many vacancies in the mall.

After escaping the clutches of technology from the mall (and myself purchasing an iBook from the Apple Store), we headed very close through NYC's five boroughs to Sports Plus.

I was really suprised with the little FEC. It offered an ice rink, bowling, paint ball, lazer tag, a few smaller rides (Frog Hopper, kiddie whip, bumper cars), plus the Tornado and the Thriller Coaster.

The Tornado is a cool Wisdom Rides creation that's a combination of a Wave Swinger and a teacup ride. The base of the ride would spin and tilt, while the individual cars have a disk in the center that you can turn.

The Thriller Coaster was also suprising. There was a lot to the layout of the ride, which was built in what used to be a motion sim theater. The nice part is that you got two rides on the coaster, which was twice as long as I expected. There were a decent ammount of force to the ride, and it looked well-maintained.

Pictures:
DSCN3242.jpg
Steel Force in the off-season
DSCN3252.jpg
Hyrdra
DSCN3258.jpg
Talon
DSCN3264.jpg
Laser and Steel Force
DSCN3267.jpg
Talon from Burger King!
DSCN3271.jpg
We arrive at Palisasdes Center
DSCN3277.jpg
Kevin shares the mall map with TPR readers.. "But where's the coaster?"
DSCN3282.jpg
What a cool mall!
DSCN3285.jpg
a PTC Carousel!
DSCN3293.jpg
Kevin and Tim find the coaster

Postby arson » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:33 am

More Pics:
DSCN3319.jpg
Kevin loves the Lego store
DSCN3321.jpg
Tim loves the Lego store
DSCN3333.jpg
I love the Lego store
DSCN3342.jpg
the Carousel
DSCN3344.jpg
Ferris Wheel
DSCN3349.jpg
Tim stalks the Lego Raptor
DSCN3316.jpg
We also went to Knotts...

Postby arson » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:40 am

Sports Plus:
DSCN3363.jpg
Welcome to Sports Plus!
DSCN3365.jpg
Thriller!
DSCN3366.jpg
Very thrilling, actually
DSCN3371.jpg
Tornado, a good flat
DSCN3375.jpg
The blacklight effects were pretty cool...
DSCN3382.jpg
Dips
DSCN3384.jpg
Ride overview
DSCN3388.jpg
Driving home though Manhattan

Rock Your Cock!

Postby Canobie Fan » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:12 am

lol I did both parks myself last may (I also went to Boomers but the coaster was closed because it was "wet" ::( )

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:23 am

Haha they had those blowdryers at Liseberg too. Very powerful! :D

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive