TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Dubai, U.A.E PT 1

metrock

^^ Hey captain, very cool picture. When I was there, the wave pool was closed and drained because they were working on adding a new attraction. Do you have any other pictures that you can add showing different angles? All of my pictures wre taken from one side of the park.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just what are the reasons for Dubai suddenly having this rush to expand?

I heard that it was because their natural resource safety net of income was slowly depleting and they needed a more substantial industry like tourism.. which seems plausible.. but isn't the extent of what they are building out there seems overkill, even for that reason?

Yes, yes, that is the reason. In order to make up all the icome with tourism, they pretty much need to become a tourism mecca...

You have to hand it to the leaders of the area to aggressively switch their economy from oil to tourism but....

No natural born Israelis are allowed in the city.

Dubai: Pros: building a theme park entity 4 x the size of Disney World

Cons: No Israelis allowed (Natally Portman noooooooo!!!!)

J.

will be interesting to see if Tussauds have anything to do with the new theme park getting built, they are after all now owned by a Dubai investement company which is, i believe, still owned by the government there.

Great combination, imo, Tussauds' great themeing and park knowhow, mixed with the Dubai royal familly's very deep pockets.

Could be an amazing park.

Its quite incredible how they are diversifing their economy away from oil. Lets forget the area and the bad press the whole middle east gets, its very warm and sunny, great beaches, great shopping, you can drink alcohol there (unlike a lot of the middle east), sounds like a perfect holiday destination. Chuck in a couple of amazing water and theme parks, and it could well be my next stop over on the way to the UK.