TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Elissa's Parents go to BGT

SharkTums

Ok, so I'm helping them out a bit. My mom's TR is posted below, and I'm attaching my dad's photos!

The trip starts with a road rally of sorts around the parking lot as we try to figure out where to park- we didn't pay for preferred parking but that is where we end up because the park is quite empty. Because we are old we enter the park and head for the bathroom. With that taken care of we head next to the alligator pond near the entrance.

There is a big crowd there-maybe 20 people because one of the reptiles is actually moving- but after he finds a comfortable spot he lies motionless like the rest of the gators in the pond. We stand there with the rest of the idiots waiting for something to happen but finally we get bored and move on . Russell asks is it time for beer yet?

Our next exciting stop is the Horses (those special ones with the big furry feet- I forgot their name) One is getting a bath which we watch- they use a squegee to rinse him- he snorts at us and we move on. Next stop is Montu- hey only a 5 minute wait- we stay to take a picture discussing which body part it will hurt the most if we take a ride....Russell says I"m not going upside down- Is it time for beer yet? We move on-

I take a quick ride on Santa's sleigh and we proceed to watch the tortoises getting a bath with a hose. Intelligent design? It is painful to watch the giant tortoises move. Next is Rhino Rally, something that we will actually ride- the truck comes into the station with two old people (well- older than us) on it but they do not get off and we just join them- I guess they are riding it all day- We all help navigate- despite the fact that most of the trip seems to follow a track- it was the first time that I rode it and it was fun and must have been quite expensive to build. We are getting exhausted after so much excitement so we look for a show- we end up in the" R.L. Stine Scary Lighthouse Ghost Mystery 4 D Adventure Spit at you movie." It is actually fun but amazing how much water they spray at you in a theatre but it has a nice happy ending. We head out and look for food- we end up in the main festival hall for a cornbeef sandwich and meatball hero. There is a Christmas show going on with fake elves (tall guys pretending to be short) we wonder why they couldn't get some midgets for the part?

The midway games are too expensive for us to waste money on but the Stewie , Brian and Peter dolls are sure cute. Sheikra seems to be running but with no passengers- I hear the girl telling people to come back later- what a shame I can't ride. We watch python and scorpion but they appear almost deserted. Russell doesn't want to ride and I'm not riding alone.

We see a crowd ahead and hear some announcements so we head in that direction. It appears to be feeding time for the Tigers and some Busch girls are throwing raw meatballs at the tigers- The tigers are staring up at the humans probably wishing that someone will fall in the pit- to really eat someone would be more fun than getting hit on the snout with chop meat. The train is coming in to Stanleyville so we hop on for a ride around (and a quick nap) the park- Actually we see a lot of animals they seem more active on the cool weather.

Well now it is time for beer so we go to the hospitality place and sample some and also go to the Beer school- one of the beers tastes bad and they tell us that they heated it in an oven to show us what beer tastes like when it goes bad- well I guess thats why you go to beer school- They have a new drink with caffiene so we drink that last for our drive home. Well so that was our day which we enjoyed very much without once going head over feet.

BUSCHGARDENS12.05029.jpg.0be58da2dfeb1496711c89cfdc28fb95.jpg

Thanks for reading! Now maybe you guys can see where I get it from!!! Thanks mom and dad for your great TR!

BUSCHGARDENS12.05025.jpg.8292387fce5cf5df2043fb0f63797ac6.jpg

Oh yeah, BGT opened up a brand new coaster this year...it's pretty good I guess.. =)

BUSCHGARDENS12.05023.jpg.fbdfa1a8b3940a06aef162784f170c3b.jpg

Stupid no line for Sheikra and they won't even ride!!!

BUSCHGARDENS12.05022.jpg.91cd43fa554cd66de8bb8d1e76b3b001.jpg

More Family Guy stuff!

BUSCHGARDENS12.05017.jpg.5f02751fb5973ec14a9d1903066958f2.jpg

Mmmmm Meat!!!

BUSCHGARDENS12.05016.jpg.87e09d33d1c4fe68322929c3106d00b5.jpg

Cool, Family Guy prizes!

BUSCHGARDENS12.05014.jpg.2290f240a3e55c9a621b480c146e5ee3.jpg

Hey, that's the elissa signature take a picture of yourself pose!

BUSCHGARDENS12.05012.jpg.60efd5823c8d7e4330089c2bdbc37f45.jpg

Yay they finally rode a ride!!!

BUSCHGARDENS12.05011.jpg.a50ee2619ba92057e2f3e53513a7cd43.jpg

Is this a new credit?

BUSCHGARDENS12.05009.jpg.f74b0b5f515af7f1705175682d39081a.jpg

Yay Montu!

BUSCHGARDENS12.05007.jpg.38df2576a5e2bdf5ff2691e781973453.jpg

Oh no! He's doing the signature move!!

BUSCHGARDENS12.05005.jpg.e568d9a1c6d33c08465e698a3f8ffc30.jpg

Ewww smelly nasty horses!

BUSCHGARDENS12.05004.jpg.3c030ae8372ce5d015b6632b06d76bfa.jpg

So is my dad!!!

BUSCHGARDENS12.05003.jpg.7dd9b3941fc0568453a5c9167184796c.jpg

Yay! My mom's representing TPR!!!

BUSCHGARDENS12.05002.jpg.f6e41e7487e81e6fb0891765b8c3eeca.jpg

Grrr I'm angry reptile.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is the same place you were at when you were on the discovery channel!!!! :shock: coincidence? Not really, but I had to bring it up because some one showed me thier Discovery Channel tape of 2000's top 10 coasters recently, and as you already know, your were featured in it.

Anyways, sounds like it was rippen good fun. 8)

Great TR! It is funny to read a TR on here where nobody rides a coaster eventhough the lines are short.

Good heads up on the "skunk" beer. Skunk beer makes me sick and beer school pretty much ruined my visit one time.

If I went to BGT and saw your parents both wearing TPR shirts I would probably s**t myself on the spot!

This TR pretty much sums up why I spent so much time at BGT with my family as a kid, because there's something for everyone, both the thrillseekers and those who are happy to soak up the atmosphere and take in the more chilled out stuff (not in an illegal sense). Seems like you guys had a nice day! (And I never understood why people stared at the turtles and gators for so long when they weren't moving either.)

This is the same place you were at when you were on the discovery channel!!!! :shock: coincidence? Not really, but I had to bring it up because some one showed me thier Discovery Channel tape of 2000's top 10 coasters recently, and as you already know, your were featured in it.

Anyways, sounds like it was rippen good fun. 8)

Be good, Brian. Dammit, be good.

8)