TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR-Six Flags Magic Mountain

arrowfanman

Hello one and all!

Recently in the Tatsu construction thread, it was implied that I go to SFMM to take construction pictures of Tatsu! Not true! I go to SFMM because I enjoy it…and because I can find a ride!…I have loads of fun there! I promise you, if I didn’t enjoy going there, I wouldn’t! I have not obligations to anyone…I work for myself, yo! Anyway, as physical proof of this, I have decided to post a photo trip report of my time there. See what its like to be Jahan. See what its like to take construction pictures…for no-one. So, without further adieu, my trip report…(man, I haven’t done one of these in a while!)…

Our day starts

Well, we decided to go really early today. I like the atmosphere at SFMM, before people show up, and before the day gets too hot.

TJ

First things first…we picked up TJ. TJ is a really good friend of mine (and fellow coaster enthusiast too). He is usually the person who accompanies me on these trips. Ok, lets go to the park now.

Its like a gaint Jahan barbecue.

OK, OK! So a little part of this trip is to get Tatsu construction pictures! And ok, I go early to aid in that process! But I am still there to have fun.

My day at SFMM starts out by being dropped off next to X’s raven turn, at the bus stop. We walk down, and take pictures of the stuff in X’s bus pen. We then walk to the parking lot (or hitch a ride on the tram, if lucky). We walk across that giant lot to the track pieces by Feedmill Road. As the caption says, the sun turns the parking lot into a giant barbecue. One of the plusses of going early, is it isn’t quite as hot as it is in the afternoon. Ok…after taking the pictures, we saw a tram leave the tram maintenance bay, so we asked to bum a ride, and got full service, back to the main gate!

Toys for Tots

On the way, the tram picked up some more passengers! Every passenger had a toy! It confused me and TJ, but then again, I wouldn’t mind building Legos or playing Monopoly in SFMM, so we didn’t raise a concern. When we were dropped off, we realized why…Toys for Tots is currently collecting at SFMM.

Are we there yet?

Ok, we finally got in line to enter the park. Didn’t take to long, and then we were in. I start by taking pictures of the front plaza and continue to snap over by the Orient Express. Since we can no longer go to Dejavu (our usual first coaster) by way of the Roarin’ Rapids midway (closed for construction), we head back towards Goliath, but decide to head right for Ninja, to finish the construction pictures…get them out of the way.

I couldn’t quite make it up the hill to Ninja!

Man that hill sucks! I really miss going to Samurai Summit by way of Rapids Camp Crossing! First things first (how many times have I said that?)—a little water after hiking up the hill.

One of the good, refrigerated drinking fountains. ...hehehe...I leave my mark.

Ok…now that we are done drinking, we head to Ninja. There were two Ninja Ops standing in front of the pathway, that told us “Ninja is currently closed!”

“…now wait a minute here! Superman is closed here too! And of course Laugin’ Dragon Pizza is accumulating spider webs. So the only thing open on this damned hill are the bathrooms?! Why couldn’t you stand at the bottom of the hill, so we didn’t have to walk up?”

Now now…that’s what I was thinking. But I didn’t say it. I simply asked if I can go up to take some pictures and they said “Ok, but your not supposed too” as if he was doing me a favor. So I headed up the mountain to take some pictures…and I did.

TJ fears the camera.

I started snapping pictures of the Tatsu construction site, and low and behold, they began to install another lift piece, so I, like every other “updater” stood where I was and took pictures of it. Before you know it, we were greeted by Robb and Elissa, who were alive and well, and appeared to be unphased by the climb they just made up the hill…that’s how you tell a SFMM local out of a croud of tourists.

R&E…gotta love the action pose.

Anyway, we hung around and talked for a bit, swapped a few short stories, and they were off to pack for Asia. We went with them, but didn’t fit in their suitcase, so we came back. We snapped a few more pictures of the lift, talked a bit with the Ninja op-crew (the lead was a good friend of mine), and before you know it Dan from RCPro came up the mountain with his posse, yo. We talked with him a bit, when all of a sudden, Ninja opened, and we all rushed to get on.

Dan is a couple cars up…lucky bastard. (Were in a back seat….grrr.)

We rode Ninja, which is one of the greatest rides at the park, for sure. After Ninja, we realized that it was 12:20, so we decided to eat lunch. Where did we eat? Our usual turf…Colossus Cookery! We only eat there because we want to get a good laugh out of the restaurant’s slogan “Eat Out Loud!” I mean…COME ON! It should be “Loudly!” …sheesh! .

My meal

SFMM food has really improved over the last 6 months. They properly cooking everything and so I found lunch to be pretty good.

The trick is to close your eyes when you eat.

Anyway, after lunch, some certain person, who will not be named, unfortunately violated a certain rule, which will not be mentioned, of a certain roller coaster club, whose name escapes me at the moment! After that, we decided to ride Goliath.

Goliath…I have never seen it from this angle before.

Unfortunately, Goliath broke down…but that’s ok, I forgive it. Hey! Back off! Leave my baby alone! There is nothing “bad” about the inaccurately dubbed “bad Goliath”! If you choose to slander my baby, I will accept no lower than “acceptable Goliath” as a justifiable name.

It was ok that it broke down, as we needed to leave the park…I had family business to take care of.

But first, a ride on Viper!

I love this picture!

Well, we were running a bit late after our ride, so we rushed out of the park. And that concludes a rather short, but regardless, fun and enjoyable day at SFMM

Taadaa!

By the way…I just wanted to share with you guys, an awesome ornament I received last year!:

The ferris wheel and merry go round turn in circles, and the roller coaster goes “up a lift, and around the track.” I love it!

Anyway, adios for now…

-Jahan “Im sick of typing” Makanvand.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic