TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Universal, MK and Sea World 12.2-5.2005

Well, we just got back from Florida last night and it is kind of depressing to be back at work in freezing temperatures after just riding Kraken on an 80 degree day.

Over the course of our Adventure we made it to Universal, IOA, WDW Magic Kingdom, and Sea World. Not bad for 2.5 days, but the body pays a toll for so much fun.

Here are some pictures:

Morning one of day one and one of the Universal Security Guards was nice enough to take our picture on our way to IOA.

On the way to the park, we passed by Emerils in CityWalk.

First up was a walk-on ride on Spiderman. After this and DarKastle, Catrina has realized that she has a little problem with the whole moving 3-D concept. While I still enjoy the ride, it just doesn't have the WOW factor that it used to.

Looks like there will be no rides on Dudley this visit. it was down for an extensive rehab. Coaster? The track kind of begs the question.

That is funny. I don't remember Jurassic Rive Adventure being this wet! Cool video is on it's way. Stay tuned.

Suess landing was all decorated for the holidays, and the Grinch was lurking around each corner.

Here is one of the "seussic" trees that filled the area.

A picture of me posing by one of the Carou-Suess-Sel characters.

Catrina also posed for a photo.

The singing fountain greeted people heading over for the Sindbad show.

Like all great shows the Sindbad show is full of fire, smoke, sparks and loud explosions!

Token photo of the Incredible Hulk. If not for the bump down to 2-trains, we would have walked on. Still ... 10 minutes is pretty good.

Look ma! SpongeBoob Square Pants!

Catrina getting her picture by the Universal Globe.

It has been quite a while since I have been over to the Studios and they have since begun offering my favorite desserts.

You must be 120" tall to ride the Mummy.

Universal Studios is ready for the holiday season, but their Macy's parade won't start till next weekend.

Day 2 is upon us and now it is time for a missed credit from trips past.

Stupid looking hats are a must-photo of any theme park visit.

On day 2, we checked out Universal's newest show, Fear Factor. I must admit that this was a little more intense than I expected from a theme park show.

In front of the Mummy, cast members entertain the masses with the mass TP'ing of youngens.

You never know what you might find wandering around Universal. Today it looked like they were casting for BeatStreet Part 3!

I don't think there is anyone who can make this hat look cool.

ET. Phone Home. Tell them that Ted has lost his sanity.

A nice shot of me with my head up my ass.

So long Rusty. Now that Kurt Busch is taking over the number 2 car, I have to burn all my Rusty crap.

Time to carb up for tonights festivities! It is really too bad that the garlic in this dish will be haunting me for two days.

Night number 2 and we are now at the Magic Kingdom for the Annual Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party!

To start off the evening, we caught the Christmas Country Bear show. Put this on the list of things that you cannot do in California.

This is our first visit to MK since the Small World rehab, and the new facade looks strangly familiar. I am still disappointed that the Sally Company didn't do the rehab

One of the small perks (besides super short lines) of MVMCP is the all-you-can-eat cookies and hot chocolate.

The Christmas Wishes firework show was spectacular!

Day 3 and we are now at our last park of the weekend. Sea World!

Here I am being a geek as usual.

A quick fill up for the rental and now it's back to the airport.

Check out more photos at:

http://www.coasterfanatics.com/files/florida2005

Thanks for reading!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice photos, other than the entrance to the ride, it looks like It's A Small World is very similar (if not any different at all) to the way it was before the re-hab. That's not a bad thing IMO but I thought they were changing a lot of it (like getting new audio animatronics like the Disneyland version etc.)

Until we met with the people at Europa Park, I had no idea that Dudley was technically a Mack water coaster! While most of it is a flume, it used the same track for the drop as Atlantis does!

--Robb "Like Peter Griffin would say 'I never knew that....see, I learned something today'" Alvey

Great TR Ted! I am gonna be kicking myself when I come back from FL after 12 days in nice 75 degree weather. But, the price to pay on the off season to get your coaster fix! Glad you had a great time!

Katie

I emailed Duane about that when I saw the pic that Eric posted as to why the ones like Atlantica are listed but Dudley's is not.. but damned if I didn't delete that email, so I don't remember why it doesn't meat the rcdb guidelines :-/

But of course a great report!

edit: former Rusty fan here.. he will be missed

Nice photos, other than the entrance to the ride, it looks like It's A Small World is very similar (if not any different at all) to the way it was before the re-hab. That's not a bad thing IMO but I thought they were changing a lot of it (like getting new audio animatronics like the Disneyland version etc.)

They didn't add/subtract any ride elements other than the brand new loading area. However, they replaced the roof and all the old stuff looks brand new (as new as outdated technology can look), which was their goal. It's basically a brighter and cheerier experience now.