TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Trip Report: Dollywood 11/19

ParkTrips

I went to Dollywood this weekend with my mommy.

Yep so here are the pics.

Christmas decorations galore

Best train ride around in my opinion. Now only if they could put Der Hochbeinige on Dollywood's tracks it would be perfect.

Country Fair expansion sweetness!

"Here's where we let apes draw out the path to Thunderhead..."

"Let the Thundeeeerrrr Rolllll!!!

Holla if you like piles of dirt

... or awesome GCIIs!

"Screw you Julie."

And I thought ACErs held events here because of Thunderhead

Still too short... still too mediocre.

Fiyre in the whole!

"Yea, that stuff is nice, but can you tap a keg?"

I'm such a credit whore that I...

.. didn't ride Christian kids ride.

Besides, I hear Catholic Priests - The Ride is much better

I'm not sure if he was Oriental or Hispanic, but really, do either fit in at Dollywood?

Yea, they can sing, too bad they're all ugly!

The lights came on..

More lights...

Are you tired of lights yet?

I guess some ACErs were too lazy to walk to ERT

(BTW Dollywood == the motorized scooter capital of the world!)

Hey papi!

Anyone see something that sticks out a bit?

OK so there are the pics, here is the details, the Cliff's Notes version. 14 rides on Thunderhead, 2 on Tornado. Thunderhead still kicks, Tornado still gets a "meh". The Country Fair is excatly what I expected it to be: a lot of fairly tame rides that fit the Dollywood crowd well, and boosted the park's apeal and capacity a lot. I can't wait for Timber Tower. I didn't get a chance to ride the train or eat some sausages (two awesome parts of Dollywood) The "Thanksgiving Feast" was a bit of a letdown. The event was very successful, and we were lucky that the weater held out. Awesome day, awesome park, I'll be back up there in no time.

Next Stop: Mall of America/Camp Snoopy on Tuesday. Peace.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey! Christians have little to do in reality with Catholics

And Veggie Tales, no matter how bad the ride is, RULES.

Man...I have the choice to stay home with my girlfriend over Thanksgiving or go down and ride Thunderhead some more...

Not to mention that I havent seen my girl in what will be like 2 weeks since shell be coming home from college. I always see her once a week but this last week I lined up to do some work with the homeless.

Tough choice it is.

I wish I could have both but she couldnt make it down to Tennessee with me.

I can't wait to get to this park for the holidays. We will be in Tennesee on the 20th of December. I just hope it's not too cold to run Thunderhead and Tornado.

Does that log waterslide thingy operate in the winter as well? Mabey they can cover it with ice and send you down on that.

Does Dolly do any X-mas dates?

Guy "Savin' myself for Dolly and her giant potatoes." Koepp

I can't wait to get to this park for the holidays. We will be in Tennesee on the 20th of December. I just hope it's not too cold to run Thunderhead and Tornado.

Does that log waterslide thingy operate in the winter as well? Mabey they can cover it with ice and send you down on that.

Does Dolly do any X-mas dates?

Guy "Savin' myself for Dolly and her giant potatoes." Koepp

If the temp stays above 40 the coasters run, no water rides, and dolly's shows are around memorial day...im going to see her Dec 16th at the House Of Blues at Myrtle Beach... l o l...we saw her there but all the shows were sold out since April. I will post my pics from this past weekend also.

holla