TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR IOA 11/6

Thrasher

Well, I didnt have anything planned for today, so I decided to head out to the park to shoot some pictures and ride some rides. I also decided to test out Confisco Grille, but Ill put that in a bit later.

So we started out with a ride on Hulk, because its just so hard to not ride it first. I went to the park with my friend Nick today. It was nice not having to pay for parking, because he has a preferred pass.

After that, we decided to hop on Doom which was running very fast it seemed. I begged the ride op to let me get a video like Guy's from the floor up, but he said he 'didnt want to break my camera', so he put it in the little bin.

As I was walking out of doom, I noticed an open door off to the left.....

Demon Cantina!?

We then proceeded through Toon Lagoon as both water rides were closed, and onto Jurrasic Park River Adventure, which ended up having a little problem. The boat in front of us just stopped, as as soon as I saw it stopped, I immediatly started hoping we would get evac'd. We were stopped right under the waterfalls in the first section. After 4 boats piled up behind us, we waited about 20 mins, while every 15 seconds, the 'Please Stay Seated' spiel played. Finally, a guy appeared, pushed a button, and we were on our way....

We then headed to Dueling Dragons for a quick ride on both sides. They were running 2 trains on each side, but the guy in the booth on Ice mightve been a little slow or something, because he kept unlocking the restraints, causing the station ops to re-check everyone. Other than that, DD was running really nicely, and the duel's were perfect every time.

We then made our way through Suess Landing, which we decided to skip through as we were strapped for time. Prof. Mcbean's Unusual Driving Machines wasnt being worked on, but all of the electrical track attached to the steel I-beams had been removed(thats why the short-cut was blocked off). They must have someone from SFMM working on construction, as the doors in the walls were wide open. I decided to close them as a good samaritan. They also started with the x-mas decorations already. The tree has gone up...

On our way out to Universal Studios, we decided to eat at Confisco Grille. Im sorry that I didnt get any good pictures of the menu. I took several, and thought I got a good set, but they ended up being unreadable. The restaurant was very nicely decorated inside, and all the staff were very nice and friendly(hot too;). Nick and I both decided to order the Mixed Grille, which was Ribs, Chicken, Sausage, BBQ Corn, and fries. Although the food was very good, it seemed to be disproportional to each other. The chicken was by far the best, but there wasnt enough of it or the sausage. There was too much ribs!

Overall price, $19. The meal was very large, and even filled me up. That price also included the soda, with free refills:). We were going to eat dessert, but we were too full. They did have a nice selection though....

After our meal, we headed to the other park, USO. The only reason we really came here was to get a few rides on Mummy and MIB. I missed Rat Race. The area looked so different!

Overall, I had a great day-trip, and hopefully will get more weekends off from school to do days like these. It was also my first time in the park without all the HHN stuff, and I was kind of dissapointed! They should just have HHN year round!

-Aaron

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the HHN stuff was gone except the mine shafts near JP, and of course Poseidon and the Discovery center were still closed. The effects on the Poseidon facade were working though.

I also totally forgot to post a follow up to your TR Erik. That stand has been finished. Its a refreshments store on one side, and a merchandise store on the other....(sorry for the blurriness, I was in a hurry)

-Aaron

IOA is overrated.... but still better than any other park I can name. Definitely needs new rides in the worst way though.

I really don't see the point of that stand and think it'll just clog things up on crowded days. Nobody wants refreshments or merchandise in the friggin' parking hub. They can get that stuff in CityWalk.

I think the concession area in the middle is a good idea. It sure beats having to wait in a long line at the Cinnabun because you want a soda and only have a $20.

As for Confisco's, I've eaten there twice or so. The one time I had the best prime rib ever with asparagus. Sadly it was a special for the day and was never on the menu again.

Another time I got some wrap, I think it was buffalo chicken or something. It was pretty good, and their fries are good there too, with lots of different dips to choose from.