TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR - PPP 2005

Well, this weekend was the Annual "event to end all events" PPP. After working a half day on Friday, I made the trek to Knoebels for what was to become a very wet Phunfest.

So ... here we go!

Camp RRC was a very wetplace to camp for this years PPP. Big thank you to the Westlands for helping me keep my tent (Blue tarp) dry!

Darrin (StormRunner04) gives a helping hand with Friday's dinner flipping burgers McDonalds style.

It's Saturday morning and while everyone else is trying to figure out if Doritos are flammable, Sam decides to just enjoy them.

Steve, Darrin and Sam warm up around the fire.

Walking down to Knoebels, we could see the effect the rain was having around the park. Big kudos to them though, every ride that was scheduled to open did just that.

Knoebels makes some pretty damn big pancakes!

Camp RRC decided to pass on the whole "cooking breakfast" thing this year, so Todd joined us down at the International Food Court.

Everyone was anxious to try out Knoebels newest ride.

Before the end of the day, the Looper had claimed many casualties!

Darrin, Steve, John and Craig (TokenYankee) pose for a pic on the Pioneer Train.

Cold and wet, but not discouraged, the gang headed over to the flyers.

Yay! 20 Years of airtime!

Brent and Sam joined us for a Knoebels tradition.

Cesari's Pizza just isn't the same when it comes to PPP. Please! Please! Cook Thoroughly!

Craig poses for a picture while Steve prepares to eat his whole slice with one bite!

Craig and John pose for a shot in line for Gasoline Alley. (Note the cool had gesture directly to the right of Robert Ulrich)

Knoebels goes all out and transforms this attraction into a great "Drive-thru" spook house.

It is Sunday morning and Coastin' Steve's dog is ready to tear down the tents.

One last fire.

The rain backed off Sunday morning and it made tearing down my test so much easier!

Todd and Walt had this cool refuge vibe going with this huge piece of plastic over their tent.

Draining the Birch Beer keg is an annual tradition.

Back at the park, Darrin and I do another Knoebels tradition.

Everyone takes turns taking pictures of people.

The whole gang

"You call that a snap"

The Covered Bridge Festival manages to pull quite the crowd on Sunday.

Making homemade apple cider

The most twisted new fad ... the doggie pouch?

John braves the spine-crushing laterals of the Roto-Jets

The bare wood marks the chuck of wall taken out when Brent bumped my car off the ground and onto the curb.

And I leave you with some shots of our first trip on the Sky Slide!

Thanks for reading!

Higher Res photos and pictures I didn't post

Edited by CoasterFanatic

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that ride takes me back to the mid-60's. Think I have a b/w pic of me on one, somewhere. We'll see. Hmmm. 1966 maybe? Hmmm.

Glad to see that some real classic carnival flat rides are being revved up in their natural way (this certainly over that -imo- overinflated rocker thing). Always looked great when you could see all the machinery etc. That's what made it more diabolical.

Hope everybody enjoyed their Rock'N'Roller ride there at K. Looked great!