TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: SFNE 5/19/05

Well, I just got back from SFNE...2hrs after the park closed at 9.

Today the park was open 3 - 9. It technically the park wasn't really open because it was open only for concert ticket holders and season pass holders. Which means all the rides were open plus the concert. I was to meet up with my friend who I haven't seen in a good few months so he drove up from Tolland and met me at SFNE.

When I got to the park I tried parking on the park side lot but they still had it closed off for GP so they re-directed us back to the Exit and to have us park in the "main" lot on the left. When I got to the ticket booth I gave them my parking season pass voucher and got my parking pass so I don't have to pay anymore to park. This was about 2:30 and surprisingly the lot wasn't that full so I found a great spot and I didn't have to walk far to the trams. I got on the tram right as it pulled up and we were wisked away on the tram to the bridge. When I got to the main entrance I noticed they were already letting people in and it wasn't 3:00 yet. After I got my season pass scanned I set off the metel detector 3 times, turns out my belt has enough metal to set it off so I took it off and got through security on the 4th try.

When I got down main st I noticed they had people waiting in two areas past the gazebo. To the right at the corner of the Looney Toons Emporium, and at the entrance to the Skyway. From there it was just this one big line for the concert. Once 3:00 hit the bell rang and it was run of the bulls to the grove. I say it took at least 2-3 minutes for the entire area infront of the emporium to be cleared out.

Pandemonium: Pandemonium was our first ride after my friend got to the park at about 3:30. The wait time was about 30 minutes, half the queue was full and they had 5 trains out on the circuit. I noticed that they were trying their best to dispatch the trains pretty quickly but the line still moved slowly. That ride is pretty intense, we managed to have an unbalanced ride so it caused the train to spin a lot.

9/10

After Pandemonium we tried to check out the line for Superman. When we got over there I looked and noticed that the canopy queue was filled up and one of the sections of the queue was filled so I guessed it to be an hour - hour and half wait. I also noticed that they were having troubles dispatching the trains on time. I also noticed a train run the circuit like every 5 minutes. So we decided to head over to Mind Eraser.

Mind Eraser: About a 10 minute wait, only had one train. When we rode it it was very violent and shook a lot. 6/10

Batman: The Dark Knight: This was about a 30 minute wait and they only had one train operating which was stupid. Good ride as always 8/10

Superman: We finally checked back on Superman and since it was past 5 which was when the concert started, the queue was virtually emptying. They were also running two trains and they were back to their normal dispatching times. We managed to start waiting in line right before the stairs, they also started controlling the flow of people into the station so the station doesn't become packed. We sat in the second car - first row. So we waited about 5-10 minutes which was great. Also, they repainted the station and it's God awful!!! They added a light blue and a brighter yellow instead of the regular colors. 8/10

We also hit some other rides like the bumper cars, Colossus, Poland Springs Plunge, Route 66 Antique Cars, and Scream, and Taylor went on Tomahawk.

We also went down to the picnic grove and caught the last half of Simple Plans performance since Taylor wanted to see them mostly.

Towards the end of the night we hit Pandemonium one more time which was again a 30 minute wait. Once we got off it was almost 9 so we booked it back to the parking lot. We got into my car and I drove Taylor over his car which was parked farther back in the lot, then we took our cars and tried to get out of the lot. We were stuck in the lot for almost an hour, I almost snapped a few times and I noticed that people were taking the road to the ticket booths as an exit and that was going faster as the rest of the traffic in the lot which was trying to get out via one exit. So we drove over and managed to get out.

Now time for photos

You can see my entire photo album with all the pictures I took here

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4306284&a=31763695&f=

And also, as I finish this thread, it is now May 20th which is my 20th birthday.

P1010054.jpg.6f3b2d26573f96e4e865e809202e2c2e.jpg

Some crazy girls who wanted to flash us while we waited 20 minutes in one spot to get out of the parking lot.

P1010052.jpg.0a6bf0e9e54306cbdb45461cd7772071.jpg

Due to budget cut backs, Six Flags New England has become Four Flags New England.

P1010041.jpg.975f7e01a3284b9927d9ce1713d5174b.jpg

save gas....carpool

P1010033.jpg.5a427de179f5c5e9b54fac6f43b9a80e.jpg

Random girls who wanted their picture taken

P1010030.jpg.11fd6afe604326635974869d8f7e0ab3.jpg

ewww, new paint clashes with other station colors

P1010027.jpg.a76180eda7a18585f84c2c47e02574c7.jpg

Great shot of SFNE from Colossus

P1010029.jpg.1b2e3df3b94814cfd5f7794a1cc2c4e1.jpg

My friend Taylor. He got wet after riding poland springs plunge.

P1010010.jpg.bd628568662fd6f869260850803c1c44.jpg

Mr. Six's Pandemonium

P1010008.jpg.03cbc292210719c9e4035a3908572253.jpg

3 minutes after.

P1010005.jpg.517f2e3c48a995412116f6ec0847b330.jpg

Big mob waiting to get into the picnic grove. The line starts to the right and behind the camera

P1010003.jpg.bed263c97209bbe72adb7d113454d1b6.jpg

People passing through the main gate

P1010001.jpg.3e6f4b55f741423f11f6fb73a072585c.jpg

Looks like Typhoon is ready to open this weekend.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does ProSlide feel the need to alway take the fun out of waterslides?

I was shocked when I went on the slides at PGA's Boomerang Bay. Instead of a fun and refreshing pool of water at the end it's just this doormat material you skid to a stop on. Kinda like if you went too fast on your slip and slide and slid onto the sidewalk. I actually almost got wet.

The last thing you want to do to a fat guy at a water park is remove his splashdown pool, or eat his hot dog.

-Jeezus "theres always someone fatter than me" Juice

Good trip report and nice photos. Were they only running one train on some of the coasters because it wasn't as packed as a normal day otr were thay being worked on? It is stupid to run only run train.

I know Batman was only running one train, Thunderbolt always runs one train and has been since the late riverside days. I'm not sure about Cyclone. And Mind Eraser was running one train with the second one on the transfer track.

Actually the park did get a good size crowd due to the concert I mentioned. I also predicted accurately that most of the crowd will be in the grove so wait times for the rides will be low.

Not a Master Blaster, it's ProSlides new version of them .. I believe some sections use conveyor belts .. or that maybe the White Water West version I'm thinking of.

Yeah, it's a new slide from ProSlides, we're the first Six Flags park to get it (As we did with Tornado back in 2003). The ride does use conveyor belts but they are high speed belts so when you're going down, you go back up at the same speed, so you don't slow down if I'm correct.