TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Marine World

Cerberus

Okay, trip reports seem to be the 'in thing' here, so, being the sheep that I am, I'll follow the crowd and do my own.

This bases on my last holiday, a week ago, to California.

I visited four parks in total: Disney parks, Magic Mountain and Marine World. I'll focus on the latter because everyone knows Disney inside out, Magic Mountain is hated here and California Adventure... well.. Lets just say that after a great first visit last year, glazed with the joy of Screamin', this visit with the coaster closed really opened my eyes to how... crap it was

Anyway!

A friend of mine, who shall be known as Duncan for this report, offered to pick me up from Francisco and take me to the park for the day. Cool!

Now, this guy is someone I met completely online, have never seen before and is a lot older than me. Amazingly enough however, the parents didn't care one drop about this stranger dragging my away in some foreign country!

So, we get to the park quickly and are assured by the parking attendant (The one who robs you of some $!) that the day was going to be pretty empty. Much to our joy, he was right!

We picked up some motion sickness tablets for poor, getting-old Duncan and were on our way!

So what about the park? Well, its kinda weird. The layout is actually rather baffling, even to an enthusiast who's never needed a park map before in his life! You can often find yourself milling around the animal section for ages, trying to find signs of (Non fluffy) life!

Maybe this situation is aided by days of higher attendance?

In true Six Flags style, most of the flat rides were closed, and also one of the coasters, but we still found enough to do. Even if that 'something to do' involved dressing the attractions' CLOSED signs in flowers...

Hey, we thought there wasn't even love in their sorry message!

Worthy of a mention is Mr.Goosy the.. er.. goose.

We saw him early in the morning, waddling around the paths all happy and content. Then, later in the day when we returned to his lake to see him again, HE WAS DEAD!!!

We must have been the last people to see him alive! Poor goosy

And what of the rides?

V2 - Intamin impulse goodness. Actually, I prefer this style to the traditional vertical version. Get the right seats and you get some cool hanging time in the roll. Almost like a tradition coaster stalling in its inversion. Very cool.

Roar - This was a decent enough woody. Not amazing, but not bad. Shame about the lack of airtime and the gritty rough ride.

Kong - Vekoma SLC. This ride hurts you in ways that even your girlfriend could not recreate in a fun way =/

Boomerang - Wow, first time I've ever ridden one of these that is actually rather smooth! I really rather enjoyed it, hah!

Medusa - Nicely done BaM floorless. I don't really like BaMs, even less those huge sprawling ones, but this was great fun. Probably most due to the fun straight drop. Much better than Scream, much, MUCH better.

Well, I've written enough. The pictures will carry this trip report more than enough without words. So, here they are!

(Unless of course I screw up the upload process. But that's obvious)

Tim

Enter.jpg.77ddf12fe461b0216d068be6c4dcf3bd.jpg

Marine World! (In case you missed the sign)

Freaky.jpg.fa140d575b29f6bb3376cd0463f2d5cf.jpg

Is this ACTUALLY the mascot of the park? This worries me...

MedDrop.jpg.23415240ef8e017f857adc56d9179d44.jpg

Medusa is clearly the star of this park. And like most females, she takes up more than one parking space =)

MedImmel.jpg.5be2cefe460105dcef26688c0677850f.jpg

Huge, curvy and gracefull with a hint of cruelty- Like the fifty foot women, I guess...

VooDoo.jpg.0de2e6985213eb10696b438c9347efe9.jpg

Duncan and his motion sickness did NOT like VooDoo!

V2.jpg.13ac7b15099ec86c44523a7841413350.jpg

V2 was cool. Rolling over the park entrance and hanging in the air was a nice feeling

RoarTurn.jpg.5af49a7eefd37b5f3a78c9fde682dd04.jpg

This is Roar. It swoops and turns and twists all fun like, but it keeps riders in their seat.

Roar.jpg.d524906ba0c3707bff48daf989014f1d.jpg

No amount of steadycam could have made this video worthwhile =)

MedDuncan.jpg.4b816c63451ec4f823174bb15b2154c2.jpg

Duncan testing his motions sickness medication with a whirl on Medusa!

Rapids.jpg.fa9527600dd524f47f9abdb5d41f171d.jpg

The rapids were broken. The maintainance guy got stuck in the mechanism and lost his arm! Which broke everything a little bit more.

BoomerOn.jpg.1cc5f8512838129337ba7482e478703d.jpg

Glide around that loop. Nice comfy Vekoma Boomerang. And that wasn't sarcasm! :O

MedDrop2.jpg.2d0f4aef3b8ade9f0cd602df476ec67f.jpg

Nice BaM floorless. Pretty colours, happy riders, and... Its generally cool

Goose.jpg.3881349df8556c1b9dc1430b0f39aaed.jpg

Mr.Goosy =( First pic taken at about 11:30, second pic taken about 1:30

BoomerCart.jpg.b1bcbcbf599cb16b84c9f8f2e8a0457b.jpg

A decent Vekoma Boomerang! The crowds love it, and not even I could hate it, no matter how much I wanted to!

Kong.jpg.b920ab62de10e8dc9ad8b1aa9dac101a.jpg

I think there are more speach bubbles here than people on the train... Popular ride!

ClosedWithLove.jpg.81d4c2f0b3a7945612a5a22d5ba2c404.jpg

We thought the 'Closed' sign wasn't saying it with enough love. So we dressed it in flowers =)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone please tell me what is up with the picture of the guy with the missing arm? :? Is that a joke, part of the ride, real??? I've never been there and was wondering wtf! :shock: LOL!

Don't ask me! That shocked me when I first looked at it. I sure hope it was photo shopped Cerberus!

Anyways, good photo TR! I wouldn't mind seeing your DLR and SFMM photos!

---Brent 8)

Thats sad about the goose. Nice Photo TR. SFMWs Boomerang is actually smooth! :shock: MUCH better than Knotts. I wonder if the guy really lost his arm. The river rapid line was too long when I was there 1 month ago.

Kevin"I love V2"Bujold

Haha, no, it's all real. Really... really

Actually, I was just pissed off that we couldn't go on that rapids so I shamed the useless mechanic guy with Photoshop cruelty

(I'm allowed to call him useless. He had THREE food breaks in the half an hour we watched him!)

Thanks for the comments. Poor goose indeed.

I might post the other parks, but they aren't really as much fun.

Probably would have to add in photos of the hotel and the uber cute raccoons and stuff.

Cerberus