TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Kennywood - 8.7.05

Upon waking up Sunday morning, Catrina and I had no plans and were trying to figure out our plan for the day. Since we had not yet gone to Kennywood together yet this summer, it became the plan.

Here is a quick rundown of the day:

We didn't arrive at Kennywood till almost 2pm, so we had to park at Level 3. This allowed an opportunity to take a couple pictures.

The sky-lift wasn't running yet, so it looks like we will have to make a nice little hike to get to the entrance.

Kennywood's new entrance in all of it's Carousel glory.

To further add to the beauty of their new entrance, Kennywood also added a fountain.

Not to be confused with this "interesting" fountain that can be found at the entrance to Kiddieland.

To show it's gratitude for our first joint visit of the year, The Phantom's Revenge treated us to a 45 minute wait before adding the second train just as we got to the station.

What is a visit to Kennywood without their famous potato patch fries. Catrina opted for the less-messy cheese on the side approach.

Hey, look kids! It's the Thunderbolt.

Here is another one for all you right-turn fanatics. Since I am the kind soul and let Catrina sit on the right, I really let her have it on the rides lone left turn.

Funnel Cakes anyone? Kennywood is home to all sorts of unique buildings including this Pagoda.

Here is a another shot of one of Arrow's finest moments. The first drop of Phantom's Revenge.

The Phantom was running great (as usual) and remains on of the greatest hypers on the planet. Here is a shot of Phantom interacting with the Turtle and Thunderbolt.

Catrina has become some sort of carousel nut over the past year, and Kennywood was happy to offer a fully refurbished carousel for our enjoyment. Now if we could just do something about those creepy Dentzel characters.

Over the winter, the Kennywood carousel was completely renovated from head to toe. This tedious process saw it's entire structure disassembled and put back together.

King Kahuna's nasty water effects were livving up to their reputation.

People coming off "Kahuna" looked worse than the people exiting Raging Rapids.

All you have to do to understand why Kennywood is such a great park is to just walk around. Here is a perfect example. This might look like any regular basketball game, but there is one thing that really seperates this one from the rest ...

This sign says it all!

I just felt like throwing a picture of George in there for all you Revolutionary War buffs.

now for my tribute to Julie (USRoadTripper). It looks like Kennywood is following in the footsteps of Holiday World and offering up the latest in "Bling Bling" accesories.

Yay! New Ride. New Ride.

Kennywood is already getting a head start for 2006. The new screaming swing footers have already been dug. Can you dig it?

Another picture of a big hole.

now I am just trying to embarass Catrina as I go into total nerd mode.

The dotted red line must mark the location of the grease lines for the potato patch. For the love of good, please don't dig there.

Warning: More nerd photos.

OK, last nerd photo.

Well, since we are over here, how about another shot of Phantom's Revenge.

Someone got a little too excited on the Wave Swinger, so the HazMat team was called in.

I had not rode the Enterpr .... I mean Volcano for many years, so I gave it a whirl.

The world's smallest picture of me.

In all my years I have never parked at Level 3 (usually sneak a spot in the main lot), so I got a new credit today on the way out. Kenny's Parkway!

Kenny's parkway offers some great views including ....

The Parking lot, and ....

The parking lot.

All in all it was a great day at one of my favorite amusement parks. I leave you with this great shot of the ski-lift dropping into oblivion.

Thanks for reading.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That is one of my all time favorite parks. I spent all day there back in May open to close and was not bored at all. PR was even closed and I still wish I had more time.

Anyone know what screamin' swing model they're getting? (Maybe I should just look at the construction sign)

Thanks for posting alot of pictures! I like pictures.

-Don

Kennywood is getting the 32 seat model of the Screamin Swing. They are also NOT up-charging it. There was a name that ride contest going on. Winner and 31 friends get a free day of admission and the first of the GP and their friends to ride it.

Great TR, Ted. Love the pics. I will post mine when I get back next Sunday. Shhhhhhh, don't tell anyone it's my bday. (I hate Bdays)

If anyone wants to take a look at my pics from July, here is the link:

http://photobucket.com/albums/y259/CoastinKatie/Kennywood%20July%206%202005/

Katie