TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

My first Photo TR: Branson Parks

OK, this is my first trip report on this site so be gentle with your comments!

This was the last road trip of my summer & my two best friends & I decided to go for the first time to Branson for some Silver Dollar and Celebration City goodness. We left on Friday July 29 & arrived 10 hours later to our campground. Being poor college kids we decided to stay in a tent for the weekend, which turned out great. Total cost of camping for 3 days: $27.82!!! The next day we went to the two Branson parks. One thing I learned on this trip, DON'T GO TO BRANSON ON A SUMMER WEEKEND! It took us about 45 minutes and hour to drive the 4 miles to Silver Dollar City and it was PACKED. You could tell the park was filled above average. The entire day the crowd of people was shoulder to shoulder.

We first did Wildfire which had only a 15 minute wait. This ride was very good. You seem to hang upside down on the inversions more than other B&Ms and the view was awesome. It also gave me my first glimpse of what was yet to come on the right.

Powder Keg! The line for Powder Keg was unfortunately very long. It extended down the hill from the regular building queue and ran along the main path where the parade goes. It was about and hour wait, but well worth it! Powder Keg had the best airtime of any coaster I have ever been on! I couldn't believe it. I don't think my butt was touching the seat the entire time we went over the second hill. It was AWESOME!

Next we did Fire in the Hole. What a fun ride. I understand why Robb and Elissa like it so much! Also, I seemed to be the only one on the train who got SOAKED. At the splashdown finale I got a quick jet of water aimed right at my face!

Then we ate some good ole homestyle barbecue that was delicious. We even got to dine next to family wearing matching camouflage t-shirts.

Next we rode ThuNderaTion backwards. This ride surprised me! It was a very good ride and one of the better Arrow mine trains. Next we walked through Grandpa's Mansion, a crooked house which made on my friends very nauseous. I rode powder Keg once more, rode the river rapids which had an insanely wait and then headed to Celebration City.

I loved Celebration City. It was much more relaxed and less crowded then Silver Dollar. The mid 1900's theme throughout the park was also very consistent and inviting. None of the rides had more than a 15 minute wait. First did Thunderbolt, my first windstorm, a little rough but not two bad, and then I rode Ozark Wildcat! I was SHOCKED. This woodie instantly jumped to my #1 wood coaster. It had great turns and drops that delivered a lot more airtime than you would think. The ride never seemed to slow down as it twisted its way through. One of my favorite parts was two quick ground level bunny hops under the lift before you turn back toward the station. Later we came back and I had the pleasure of riding it again only this time in darkness as the sun had already set. Great Ride!! Then we did the Miler Jack Rabbit and watched the laser/fireworks show. I know most of you reading this aren’t into shows but this was the best laser/fireworks show I have ever seen. I highly recommend you see it.

Overall the two parks were great. They put any Six Flags or Cedar Fair park to shame with their consistent themeing, cleanliness, food, ride quality and overall atmosphere. Even though my visit was hampered a little bit by the insane amount of people I was definitely pleased and will definitely go back in the future.

Here are some pictures. I am sorry the quality is TERRIBLE. This camera broke at CC though so I guess I'll have to get a newer better one in the future.(oh darn!!)

660711431_NaseousSteph.jpg.4b766cb87945c8697a6e5ce6daba147c.jpg

My nauseous friend after she ate barbecue and immediately went of T.N.T and walked through the crooked house.

1507623380_CamoFam.JPG.527ae856da7f48a1e1b1ed9e15a93882.JPG

You might be a redneck if your family wears matching camo t-shirts to an amusement park. We had the pleasure of dining by this family

1921494324_Buckets2.jpg.78d4a5f7d23a8cc536285de9e4d15338.jpg

Buckets the dog and the fire cheif at Fire in the Hole. Apparently you can buy the dog for a cheap price!

1874789036_PowderKegLaunch.jpg.b4fbf1af9548d98764ad3bb654d1c698.jpg

The powder keg launch area. um..yeah...it launches

1298603091_Wildfire002_0001.jpg.6507daa56478e181375e64de2e198a5b.jpg

Yay Wildfire. Fun Ride

2049599934_DamPicture.JPG.ba4a912800a75a0a56562b53d27b883b.JPG

The first night we took a dam picture at Table Rock Dam

1419270604_WOFDriveBy.jpg.ec1a5bdcae72f323216c95907e3c072f.jpg

We also drove by Worlds of Scum along to way.

IMG_0054.JPG.bd4d5297f9bbe1904ef652a11887da50.JPG

We drove on and ate at a small town park where a group of creepy kids cam and stared at us.

Corning.JPG.76f312e488bec2f8a8073bb6f5b32adb.JPG

On the way we had to stop and a take a picture of a town that is actally smaller than our own!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm happy to see a TR about SDC, it seems like most are East coast, West coast, or Great Lakes coast.

ThuNderaTion was very smooth when it was new, but now the bumps are a real distraction. It's still an outstanding mine train. Wildfire has an awesome first drop, with at least 3-4 seconds of air time. I've always wondered why other beemers don't have straight drops. Powder Keg is a great addition, that first hill is crazy.

The park is very busy on weekends and holidays. One Memorial day weekend, I remember they said there were 50,000 people. It's much different during the week; even in peak season I've seen it with less than 3000.

I've always wondered why other beemers don't have straight drops

Same here! I absolutely loved the first drop on Superman laAttracion de Acero in Madrid. Airtime all the way down. Katun also has a fantastic near-straight drop. The other B&M's I have been on are Batman la Fuga and Nemesis Inferno and the twisting drops arent really that exciting.