TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Six Flags Magic Mountain

"Happy Birthday Disneyland!!!! Let's go to Magic Mountain....."

Ok, so while we're not insane enough to go down and stand in line for hours on end at Disneyland, we were dumb enough to go to Six Flags Magic Mountain instead!

Why you ask? Because Crispy was in town of couse!!!

We were only able to stay about an hour since now that I'm flying around the world tomorrow, there were a lot of things we needed to get done last weekend. And as you can see it's taken me a week to post these pics, it's been a busy week!

I'll make this short and just post the pics (since that's what everyone wants anyway, right?)

When we got to the park around noonish and saw they were already parking in the 3rd lot, we thought "uh-oh..." But it seems like most people were at the water park because not only was that place *SLAMMED* but SFMM wasn't too bad with lines.

5 minutes for Colossus, 5 minutes for Scream, 15 minutes for Batman, 0 minutes for taking pictures of dirt and sticks with orange paint (yes, Ted, we'll log our times!) Basically, we discovered that the entire park was either at Hurricane Harbor, or in line for the Rapids.

Also, I added some new photos to the "2006 construction update" thread:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=37368

Anyway, it was nice meeting up with Crispy and his family....here are the pics!

sfmm18.jpg.b712dcde78da2f0a006fc422086c2062.jpg

In the shop near the front of the park, they have the 'new for 2006' attraction model on display! =)

sfmm17.jpg.54798f4cc0f924cd40ce123ae0790026.jpg

Today is NOT the day to go on Roaring Rapids!

sfmm16.jpg.0a5f49164c50ce04be5815692bb6a564.jpg

Wow, for the 2nd time this year, we saw Laughing Dragon Pizza Company....OPEN!!!!

sfmm15.jpg.ee59c57ee0d95f185eebd6cc99642158.jpg

The last remaining troll from the 'old days' is still there at the exit of the bumper cars.

sfmm14.jpg.727163cae4574c4c9ce16450bae874a3.jpg

These people were all smart enough to NOT wait in line at Disneyland, but dumb enough to come to SFMM when it's 105 degrees!

sfmm12.jpg.2775d89c53afd3ed262e0bae6fd6b77c.jpg

Crispy on his first ever Batman!!!

sfmm11.jpg.5037233fbfb34d9086e7ae0845267373.jpg

How did they break Atom Smasher again??? Didn't they JUST get this working last year after a 3 year hiatus?

sfmm9.jpg.90b0f38fb8970a35e81fb8721620cf63.jpg

Joey will appreciate this...there is Freefall in pieces on the ground!

sfmm8.jpg.8574928d7fb7678907b7e0c386a6388b.jpg

Does the world really need more photos of Scream?

sfmm7.jpg.6f63bb986a1bfea866d8b1a555679436.jpg

Elissa loves Colossus so much that she got stuck in it!

sfmm6.jpg.891b23f1971d8a2c6a5a5851ff45178c.jpg

Crispy: "Colossus was ok, but it's no Rattler!"

sfmm5.jpg.ae0dff2852411b6b0a9c1621e9840f58.jpg

Say hello to Crispy and his wife!

sfmm4.jpg.645644a36d1bfa063d665926b408c45a.jpg

Look everyone, it's Goliath! Too bad it's not the one from Holland.

sfmm3.jpg.4a74f5b2f073ccb6054b97000eb15cf9.jpg

The water massage place was closed. Did it finally go out of business?

sfmm2.jpg.16d52a4cf6222d74c8cdf4f67fc44e2d.jpg

Hmmm...the monorail has recently been removed from the tracks...let the rumors begin! =)

sfmm1.jpg.fcc4887261e7c6859e091310d4354e72.jpg

Wow, even in the parking lot this place was NOT looking good today!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was very VERY hot, but it was way cool of you guys to come down.

The water massage place opened up right after you guys left

we ended up leaving about two hours after you guys left, it was just to hot, I'll be riding the rattler tommarow though

Thanks for the quick entrance to Goliath, made the ride faster, so we could leave

you can see my TR here

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17738

SFMM looks like a park I would love to visit some point in my life.Great TR! SCREAM is one of the best B&M coasters ive ever seen.But Superman Krypton Coaster is better IMO.

Did you guys ride X?

ca02_40.jpg.d49b722a0b36f2bcaa7bfc165c63da79.jpg

X looks cool exept that the 4th dimension video scared me about riding Golaiath and X!

Y'know, just looking at those Freefall cars sitting out by Scream! makes me wonder why they wouldn't put them somewhere backstage? This reminds me of how last year I saw an entire Gold Rusher train (No. 4, in fact) sitting off to the left of the stairs going up to Scream!'s station.

Theme park-wise, nothing is worse show than having broken down/disassembled rides out for all to see. Imagine Disneyland leaving to-be-rehabbed Doom Buggies under Mulholland Madness because they had nowhere else to put them.

Of course, there's not exactly any theming going on there---especially in that area.

I guess there is no more backstage space at SFMM, so they have to leave their ride parts laying out.

Eric

BTW, that was robb who posted as me!

Guess he wasn't too with it at like 6am this morning before his flight!

Elissa "on my own now!" Alvey

LOL! I was wondering how I missed that you were now "flying around the world!"

Maureen "I tend to miss a lot between work, school, and the kids" O'Donnell

Theme park-wise, nothing is worse show than having broken down/disassembled rides out for all to see. Imagine Disneyland leaving to-be-rehabbed Doom Buggies under Mulholland Madness because they had nowhere else

When you ride the Monorail you do get to see ride vehicles stored behind Indy! You can also see the cycle shop from the parking garage.

Usually when a car is left by Scream! it's there to be sent away somewhere. The Goldrusher train you mention was sent to Premier rides (I think it was them at least) for a rehab.

Damn In-N-Out cup on the trash can ... I could be eating that right now .. dammit

Yeah me to. But wich one would I go to? Hmmm...

Hah I just remebered something funny. When we go to In-N-Out it's tradition to scratch random stuff into the recipts so that the person checking orders sees it. It's usualy pretty funny. One time my friend scratched "I love you", the girl checking orders said, "wow, I'll cherish this forever." It was great.

What! No more monorail sticking half-way out the station! Nice to see rides randomly being rehabed in the middle of summer.

Damn In-N-Out cup on the trash can ... I could be eating that right now .. dammit

I just wanted to thank you fror rubbing it in, for us who don't have an in and out......yet

Albuquerque is just one state over, hopefully we can harrass them enough that they put one here

I just wanted to thank you fror rubbing it in, for us who don't have an in and out......yet

Albuquerque is just one state over, hopefully we can harrass them enough that they put one here

Growing up with In-N-Out, I don't really see what the big deal is. It's a fast food burger place with the smallest menu in the world.

My friends cousin was visiting a few weeks ago from Oregon (she freakin' hot) and she said that people come here just to go to In-N-Out.

In-N-Out needs a bacon burger.

Well there was an in and out in the town where I lived, and I loved it, still do, and when we go to California, we can't wait to goto in and out, great burger place, fresh meat, and fresh potatoes, it makes a diffrence