TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TRP: Florida

Hey, I am back from Florida and after spending 3 weeks there, it was the best holiday I have ever been on. Sorry if this is too long, since it was about 22 days, I will make the days we didnt go to theme parks short.

We travelled with another family with 5 in it. They stayed for the first week and had to go home because they live on a farm. We spent the next 2 weeks after by ourselves.

Day 1

We meet up with the other family and l.eft our hometown of Bangor and left to go to Dublin. We had to travel about 120 miles because the airport near us is more expensive.

We stayed in a Bed & Breakfast place. Really nice. We left our car there. Nothing much excited happened this day.

Day 2

Left the place at 4:30am to get a taxi do Dublin airport. We got out flight at 8:00am with British Airways to London Gatwick. We were supposed to have 1hr between our connecting flight to Orlando but the flight to London was delayed. We had 10 minutes to get on the next flight to Orlando. Mum nearly forgot our tickets because we were in such a rush for the next plane but I luckily reminded her. The flight was 9hrs to Orlando Internation Airport with British Airways. We arrived in Orlando at about 4:30pm (Florida Time) and went to get our van. We got a Ford van. Drove to our Villa in Emerald Island Resort. (It was nicer and bigger than my house now!). It was 7 Bedrooms, 4.5 Bathrooms and 2 livingrooms. Pool and Jacuzzi. We had an early night.

Day 3

Left at about 8'00am to go to The Magic Kingdom. Like this park. We went to Tomorrow Land first. Got fastpass to Space Mountain. We on over to Philarmagic and Dumbo. Really like Philarmagic. One of my favourite 3D Films. After, we went over to Splash Mountain. We had to queue for 1hr 30mins. We didnt like queuing that long for a water ride. But as we were about 20mins from riding, they announced that they might have to close the ride due to approaching storms. We luckily got on and after about 10mins after, they closed it. We went to Space Mountain after. It seems faster than it looks from the station. Got something to eat and went to ride Big Thunder Mountain. We got a Fastpass instead. We came back to the time it said but it was closed due to Thunder Storms. We decided to go home because all the rides were closed at this time. There was nothing else to do apart from go around the shops as we did.

We got home. Got ready to go out for something to eat. Went to the Outback Steak House. it was nice. We went back to the villa and me and the 3 other kids went in the pool. It was fun.

Day 4

We went to Blizzard Beach this day. My favourite water park. Did most slides apart from Slush Gusher, I knew from past experience that it hurt and it uncomfortable. I was the only one who did Summet Plummet. The other family dont really like big thrills and my mum is scared of heights and my dad, dont know why he doesnt get on it. I had to wait for 45mins for it. As I was at the top, there was a thunderstorm aprroaching After riding it, we went to Down Hill Double Dipper, but they closed it due to Bad Weather (Thunder and Lightning, Again!!) We waited for 1hr 30mins for it to clear up but there was no sign of it clearing. Went home and lay about. Went out for dinner and then to Downtown Disney. At about 10:30 we went home.

Day 5

We went to Disney MGM. Again, one of my favourite parks. We went to TOT and got fastpass, but rode it straight after we got them. Me, Kathryn, Mum, Dad and Ian got on it. The other were scared to get on it. (Was it true that somebody died on it a few weeks after?) Anyway, after we went on it, we got fastpass for Rock'n'Roller Coaster. The other family went to see Beauty and The Beast which we didnt want to see. While they were seeing it, Me, Mum and Dad went on TOT again. We met up again and went up to see Muppet Vision 3D. It was ok. After, Me Kathryn, Mum, Dad and Ian got on Rock'n'Roller Coaster. The others were too scared to get on. Since we had fastpass left, Me and Kathryn got on it again. We got something to eat after. Went to Backlot Tour and went to do Lights, Motors, Action. I thought it was good but is there not supposed to be Jet Ski's in it? There wasnt for us. We hanged about after to watch the 9:30pm show of Fantasmic. This is my favourite show of all the parks.

Went home and went to bed. It was about 11pm till we got home.

Day 6

We just lay about the pool this day. But Me, Mum and Dad went to Walmart because the other family didnt want to go. Really big shop. Love it. They sell everything. Came home and got ready to go out. We went to Joes Crad Shack which was out favourite resturant. After, we went to the old town. Love the look of the Skycoaster but I didnt have enough money to go on it. Looks brilliant. Went home. Got home at about 11pm.

Day 7

Lay about the pool. Went to Orlando Premium Outlets for a while and then came home. Really, this day was a relaxing day.

Day 8

Lay about the pool and went to Belz and Festival Bay to do shopping. Came home and lay about. Went for somehting to eat.

Day 9

This was day that the other family was going home. We did some of Orlando Premium Outlets before they left. We dropped them to the airport after and went to our new place in Orlando. We stayed at the Windor Palms Resort. Quite nice but not as nice as the last week. We got an apartment and the new car we got was a Grand Cherokee.

IMG_0340.jpg.850ab872ba72ae424301689d42d8b21e.jpg

This is our villa.

IMG_0317.jpg.bc4594d0e4f9bcd9cd0df226bcb09823.jpg

Me, Rachel, Nathan and Kathryn at Downtown Disney with Planet Hollywood.

IMG_0286.jpg.3d7a0652811af079dc5f0fd67b6b7d2d.jpg

Me and Rachel with Mickey Mouse.

IMG_0284.jpg.0e52b101731c53c342bc9c0daf50558a.jpg

The Tower Of Terror.

I really wanted to ride this at night.

IMG_0269.jpg.1c665965577eb85f2790fe879749a0b4.jpg

At the entrance to Blizzard Beach.

IMG_0257.jpg.6032f6d9dabf885a71f78a0320018145.jpg

Queuing 1hr 30mins for Splash Mountain. We all were really happy when we realized we had to wait that long!!!

IMG_0254.jpg.fe9c5a22511ea4a35b1a9083eafb6870.jpg

Us in the Magic Kingdom.

IMG_0248.jpg.f73e3c53edf3b23a744c62d6b15f630c.jpg

Us arrived in Orlando International Airport.

IMG_0246.jpg.1ac0e583fff0d8c1f4facfbc1acc4e57.jpg

This is us on the plane to Orlando.

IMG_0234.jpg.5f52998079525592acca305cb03eb762.jpg

This is us in the bed and breakfast in Dublin. Going clockwise: Mum, Ian, Yvonne, Kathryn, Nathan, Rachel and Me. My dad was taking the photo.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 10

We since it was just Me, Mum and Dad, we could go to Universal because we couldnt while the other family was there because they dont like big thrills as you might have noticed.

Anyway, we woke up at about 7:30am to head to Islands Of Adventure. This is my favourite park. When we got to the park, we headed to The Hulk first. This is one of my favourite coasters. It is extremely smooth. Got on it once. Headed over to Spiderman. While queuing, it broke down for 10mins but apart from that, the queue is quite fast moving for 30mins. After that we went to the new SkateBoarding show. It was good. Got something to eat after and then went to Popeye and Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges. Got absolutly drenched. But it was really fun. When we were going to queue, the time was 20mins and after we got of, it was at 100mins. Headed round to Ripsaw Falls but we got an Express Ticket thing. Went to Jurrasic River Adventure but the was really long because it had broke down. So, we headed over to The Lost Continent. Dueling Dragons is the Bomb!

Rode Ice first in the back row. When I was going down the first drop I could touch the other car infront. But going through the Cobra Loop is kind of rough, but over all, it is smooth. Next I rode Fire in the back. Loved it. You can really see how close you are to the other side on the Second hill over the barrel roll. We went back to the apartment to relax for 2hrs and went back to Universal. Since the 1 day ticket included Studios, we went to see the fireworks. We were early so we went to ride Revenge Of The Mummy. Amazing ride. Love the special effects. Watched the fireworks and after 100pm. Walked around the park to the exit. Went to CityWalk for about 1hr 30mins.

Day 11

We lay about the apartment for a few hours, watching Hurricane Dennis on the Weather Channel. We left to go to the pool for an hour and after went to Orlando Premium Outlets until about 9pm. Got something to eat and went back.

Day 12

Went to Sea World. Really like the atmosphere in the park. Love Kraken and all. First we went to Shamu. BIG animal! Went to The Wild Arctic ride. It was ok. Did some games were you win the Teddys. I went on the DDR Machine in the Arcade. I was wearing new Scetchers so it was slippy. Next, my dad wanted to see the Clysdales (Is that how you spell it?)

Got something to eat in this Carrabbian Place. Really nice. Went over to Kraken. The queue was really short. Sat at the back. Good ride. Went home for a few hours and came back at night. Later that night. Kraken was a walk on. I am not joking. Even the front and back there were like hardly anyone queuing. And Journey to Atlantis, there was very few people in the station. We later watched the fireworks display and later headed of home.

Day 13

Our last full day in Orlando and we went shopping. Again. I enjoyed the shopping. It was good. Really, there isnt much to say about this day.

IMG_0441.jpg.9673cd399a12759b91e1026e1c8294e9.jpg

Hurricane Dennis. When we went down to Sarasota. We just missed it. The Projected path ws right over Sarasota but it got futher away so we got some winds and very, very heavy rain at times.

IMG_0437.jpg.771c42e85eca864d1988b59977a3dec8.jpg

Fireworks at Sea World. They were amazing as well.

IMG_0422.jpg.6556c6d0e3020c2c1210c128e0ff72be.jpg

Picture of Kraken. It isnt very good though.

IMG_0412.jpg.5f6ef816f0423d133750376060056519.jpg

The splash of shamu. Wow! He can really soak people! There was a small baby that got soaked and it was on the screen. It was crying and everyone went Awwww!

IMG_0410.jpg.f1f3b95035698cb92f652d4bb1fc1d50.jpg

Shamu. Really like the show.

IMG_0372.jpg.aca6022671521576e30ff2b4e078dcb2.jpg

Fireworks at Universal Studios. One of the best I have seen.

IMG_0358.jpg.66ccbd7dda860dba0f668333e181ce3f.jpg

The Hulk in the Cobra Roll. For all those Hulk fans.

IMG_0355.jpg.06da55a5fc3561c076e27f5e8810367a.jpg

Picture of The Hulk going into The Cobra Roll making the water splash.

IMG_0351.jpg.ebf229bad5bead0ceeaadb3bdd5715f8.jpg

Me and Olive Oil.

IMG_0343.jpg.fda3681bc11a2a2788e12d4d32458ad8.jpg

Nice picture of the Barrel Roll of The Hulk.

Day 14

This was the day we moved down to Sarasota & Siesta Keys. I love the part of florida. It is really different to Orlando. It isnt all commercialized.

Anyway, while driving down the I-75, we hit an extremely heavy rainstorm. We couldnt see the car infront of us and our turn off to Sarasota was near us. It lasted about 10-15 minutes. We got to our apartment in Siesta Keys which was to do us for the rest of our holiday. Really nice apartment. It was at the Gulf & Bay Side Resort. We didnt do much because it was really windy. We went to the beach for a look and the wave were big. Me and my dad went in for a swim though but our eyes stung like hell when we got out.

Day 15

Still, the remenence of Dennis was around. Not a bad as the day before. We went for a walk in Siesta Village. Nice small village. Me and dad went for another swim. Really fun with the waves. Came home and got ready to go out for something to eat.

Day 16

Still windy. We went to Ellenton Outlet Mall. It was really nice. Though we didnt go into some shops. Versace was extremely expensive. $500 for a Belt! We bought quit a few things there. I really like Pacsun, Quiksilver and Journeys shops. Went home. Got showered and all and just lay about the apartment watching TV.

Day 17

We went to the beach again. We got burnt, really bad though. When we came home, we didnt really feel like going out so we stayed in again.

Day18

We were going to go to Busch Gardens again this day but dad didnt feel like driving. We didnt do much because if we went out, our sunburn round our face got sore. i just got it on my cheeks though.

Day 19

We headed of to Busch Gardens this day. We got there about 12pm. We seen very black clouds coming in but the weather was beautiful. When we got into the park. We went on Gwazi, Lion side. I sat at the back. I like to losen the belt abit so i have more room and for the airtime. Since the restraint doesnt stay in the same place, it moves about a few cm, it is really fun, I come out of my seat loads. Next we headed of to Sheikra. I queued in the single rider. Bad idea. I realized, while queuing, the Stand-By line goes quicker. But as I went up the final set of stairs. I was first person in the queue. But they stopped the ride because of Thunder and Lightning. I ended up waiting 1hr 30mins after they closed it because i didnt want to leave incase the weather cleared. I decided to leave the queue because there wasnt any sign of it clearing. We went to get something to eat then. After eating, when on Python as there was no queue. I seen Sheikra running so I went to queue for it. I went Stand-By and it was much, much quicker than single rider. Ended up sitting in the back row on the edge. Love the edge because you see nothing below you. After I got of it, me and my dad went on it 2 more time. Love this ride. My favourite ride yet. We headed home. It was about 10pm when we left.

Day 20

We went shopping again. I like the shopping in Florida. WAY, WAY cheaper than home. We went to The LongHorn that night for something to eat. Also we went Jet Ski that day. Really fun.

Day 21

This was our last day. After saying to mum and dad that I would like to go back to Busch Gardens, we went back. Did the same thing as last time but since we got there earlier than last time, we could do more rides. Montu is seriously so at loading and unloading. A train got stuck on the lift both times I was there. I dont know why. We went on this at night. My mum who is absolutely scared of coasters, went on it. She ended up liking it. We went on Kumba as well. There was a thunderstorm earlier that afternoon and loads of people went home. The queue was really short for Kumba as they were using 3 trains. Sat in the back row all the times.

Busch Gardens is probably my favourite theme park, for rides and shows.

Day 22

This was the day we had to go home. We drove from Siesta Keys up to Orlando. We stopped at Belz for a while to pass time because we were early. Then we headed to the airport. I love Orlando International Airport. Really cool. We got our flight at 5pm. 8hrs 30mins over on it. Arrived in London Gatwick at 7:30am (European time) and our flight to Dublin was at 11:30am. The flight from Gatwick to Dublin was pretty bumpy. My mum, who is scared of flighing was really scared, and my dad, who isnt scared of flying, was scared on it. Apparently it was bumpy because of the Air Pressure. We got home safetly. We wish that we werent going home because it didnt seem like 3 weeks holiday.

I hope you have enjoyed reading this, and that I havent bored you to death!

You can now Post your thoughts.

IMG_0479.jpg.22796149e6662d6675bf5db3761ec2ee.jpg

Nice car.

IMG_0449.jpg.cdd567a431c053a7d6e39e3bb984ac65.jpg

Me and dad is Siesta Beach. Apparently the water has hardly any waves normally.

IMG_0596.jpg.6dd45897691c5362df1b2e2a9ee4bd77.jpg

The area of where our apartment was.

IMG_0571.jpg.239226d56ab5552d26195f1f914844ef.jpg

Another......

IMG_0570.jpg.fafbdeb4e0caecd66b42551d081e990d.jpg

Another shot.....

IMG_0565.jpg.e5a325db75abda5ce11b68ca0eb6827f.jpg

For all you Sheikra Fans out there. Here are some shots of it.

IMG_0558.jpg.369814e785656e379f0a29a4fdc02ab9.jpg

Nice shot of Kumba.

IMG_0556.jpg.fb32ea8f40166dc291ffdf3994563614.jpg

On Rhino Rally.

IMG_0539.jpg.6d7e0ae2f3b803ae40b47b9bffc3dbf4.jpg

Me and Mum in the fish tank part of Busch Gardens.

IMG_0523.jpg.0d58ab3b0f0bd85e0554034eaedd47d7.jpg

Sunset on Turtle Beach. It seems to get very deep quickly.

Oh yeah,

I forgot to add that apparently there was a water-spout about 8 miles away from us. It came land and ripped up a road. My mum woke up early and put the weather channel on and there was a Warning Flashing on the bottom of the screen saying: "Get into shelter. Get to the middle of your house and protect yourself with blankets etc."

Mum went to tell dad and he didnt have a care in the world! But this was about 6am but I dont know if this was true because there werent any pics of it and they said in the newspaper that some people didnt believe it because there werent any pictures.