TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Pic and Video TR. Ocean Beach Amusement Park. Rhyl Wales

It's time in wales to hit the seaside parks, so first for us to visit was Ocean Beach Amusement Park in Rhyl, North Wales.

It's a small traditional seaside park, but where most of the parks in wales may have 1 or 2 coasters this one has 5 which helps the credit whore rating. The park has been there since the 50's and its first coaster arrived in 1960, but now gone. The park now has 2 Pinfari coasters one looping, a Schwarzkopf runaway train coaster, a Cavazza Diego Nessie kiddie coaster and a water coaster no idea what make it was :shock: .

The first one we rode was the Pepsi Loop it was awful, the only smooth part of the track was the loop, the rest might have well have been road works. You could move the OTSR's at least 10 inches forward and back in the locked position so big thumbs down from me on that one.

Next we went on Runaway Train this was much better to ride a figure of 8 track running through the station at a 45 degree angle, which made the ride different to most trains i have ridden.

Ok credit whore time Nessie was next sad i know but it's there to be ridden so we did, no need to say much on this one apart from wheels, track and looks like nessie.

Jet Stream was next and it was a real surprise great airtime and the drops and most prob the best and smoothest Pinfari i have been on with 2 good drops a wavey section and 2 double helix turns, it made a good ride best one at the park.

Last was Lumberjack Falls a water coaster and classed as wood even though the framework is metal with wood cladding. A good drop and when it hit the water it didn't slow down to much so it gave a little airtime as it went up into the brake section, AND NO WETTNESS for a change.

Overall this park isn't in the league of Blackpool or Fantasy Island in Skegness but still fun, the park itself is so small you could most probably fit it into the area where Dueling Dragons are in IOA. So not much walking between rides for the ACE members out there.

Click here for Ocean Beach Amusement Park video

Here are some pics of the coasters.

LumberjackFalls.jpg.7e70e8d8f8032d4d621f8ac9606d6f20.jpg

Lumberjack Falls

PepsiLoop.jpg.6ca7a9c2ca9b972ef8666591522edb01.jpg

Pepsi Loop

JetStream.jpg.af0033a9bf2ba335c44317e969e4b33a.jpg

Jet Stream

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ooooh Runaway Train was running. Was close last month when I visted really wanted to ride a powered Schwarzkopf.

Great Video some really good footage.

p.s there a other Nessie near the Sky Tower and a other park nearby with 2 coasters (Shame there not on coastercounter yet )

I did visit the other park (Tir Prince Leisure park) they had another Pinfari and a powered coaster running, which the ride op told us the powered coaster was sinking into the tarmac, as it was melting under the heatwave we have been having. I did take a few pics there and rode them of course.

1623853269_Tirprincecoaster2.jpg.6ae4b344b47c1061bdbc4393d06a3d22.jpg

Tir prince train coaster

Z40.jpg.8d920d68483efcd2cb9af781efae9d16.jpg

z40