The Official "TPR In Europe" Ongoing TR Thread.

Daily reports and photos from our trip!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
#1 Nintendo Fanboy!

Postby bgwfreak » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:24 am

Wow again. Wow. I can't believe all the self-operated rides!!!

I guess that's how they can afford to run these smaller parks. No having to pay minimum wage to a teen that has a nasty attitude like at certain US parks. lol

Have fun and be safe.

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Thuur » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:50 am

Dhukka wrote:When it comes to Mystery Castle, I don`t quite agree. I really like it a lot, but it depends on some facts:
1. The ride programm: There are actually three different programms. On busy days they use the fast up-down programm, which isn`t as good as the other two.
2. The "monsters": actually there is more theming to the ride than just the castle and the cue rooms.

The actors where in the line later on the day. When we went to Mystery Castle when it opened early in the morning, they weren't there yet...

We had the "Programm drei". "Nür mut schwächt das Böze... seit stark! PSSSHHHHH" :D :wink: (The long one)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Nigloland

Postby Watson » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:39 am

Perhaps a bit early for the itinerary but a few remarkable features you should take note of when in France.

The braking of the Boomerang at Walibi Rhône-Alpes. No further comment; you'll see what I mean.

If you have the time, do visit the Nigloshow at Nigloland. It is a show with animatronics in a theatre. The show is....quite hilarious. French language only.

Beware of a brutal twist in the track of Spatiale Expérience at Nigloland in the first half of the ride. The ride is comparable to EuroSAT at EuropaPark but smaller and a bit more "intense". If you choose front seat, you can see a bit of the upcoming track, making it possible to aniticipate some rough twists.

I hope you'll find the "Ronde des Rondins" at Astérix. It is a small Tivoli coaster which adults also may ride. It is tucked away pretty good in the park. Just look for "Fôret des druïdes". A credit is a credit, right? :P

Spinach plus Tuna makes the taste of the paste!

Postby Reality15 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:43 am

Just a quick question for anyone that might know, who manufactures all of those self-operated rides?
Check me out on: Flickr // YouTube // Facebook // Twitter

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Watson » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:08 am

Reality15 wrote:Just a quick question for anyone that might know, who manufactures all of those self-operated rides?

Heege Freizeittechnik.
http://www.heege-freizeittechnik.de/

The Resident Smart-Ass

Postby CoasterFanatic » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:12 am

^ Check back a couple pages in the thread. I posted the link.

Now to this:

When I look at this picture, I dont see the 8 layer wood.
http://www.orlandofun.de/bilder/balder/ ... 80x580.jpg
http://www.orlandofun.de/bilder/balder/ ... 05x580.jpg
(in second photo that looks to be a bunch of laminated peices - like plywood just much stronger)

Looks like wood to me. Would you also put the Jack Rabbit at Kennywood in it's own category? It also deviates from the standard "stacked" layer construction. It has sections (most notably the turns) where the boards are laid sideways.
Ted

Uber Designer

Postby Real » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:19 am

CoasterFanatic wrote:^ Check back a couple pages in the thread. I posted the link.

Now to this:

When I look at this picture, I dont see the 8 layer wood.
http://www.orlandofun.de/bilder/balder/ ... 80x580.jpg
http://www.orlandofun.de/bilder/balder/ ... 05x580.jpg
(in second photo that looks to be a bunch of laminated peices - like plywood just much stronger)

Looks like wood to me. Would you also put the Jack Rabbit at Kennywood in it's own category? It also deviates from the standard "stacked" layer construction. It has sections (most notably the turns) where the boards are laid sideways.

You guys can be amazing sometimes...

I never said it wasnt made of wood. (for the billionth time)

As for Jack Rabbit - the whole track isnt made like that. That sounds like an interesting anomoly. It would be interesting to know why it was designed like that.

Theres going to be exceptions (I already said that as well) however the Intamin Plug n Plays are the only ones to deviate completely from the process. Doesnt make the ride bad. I dont see what the fuss is with not thinking its a wooden coaster in the sense of tradition. Its its own class of wooden coaster, just not traditional. (I also feel that the manufacturing process is closer to that of steel than wood too - same for assembly - but thats another story all together since I still wouldnt call it a steel ride but it shares a lot in common)

Postby Wes » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:18 am

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby nemesis-storm » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:57 pm

Robb,
A great trip report as always - looking forward to the rest of reports from your trip.

I'm glad you guys enjoyed Hansa Park & Klotten.
Those 2 parks were a huge suprise to me - when I did my German trip last September. :)

Did you try the other 'self operated' rides at Klotten ? One comes to mind is the Paraglide ride.

Paul 'loves Bobbajaanland too' Chapman

Desperate Housewife Who Wants to Live in THIS Castle!

Postby disneygurlz2s » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:43 pm

Not sure which picture Joey looks more frightened in....the self operated boat of death or the blond boobs of death...............

Shari "Sorry to be entertained at Joey's expense...well, not really" Shoufler

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive