TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Lake Compounce & SFNE

Don (Jeezus Juice) and his g/f Monica where driving up to New England to make stops at Lake Compounce, SFNE, and Canobie. Since I lived in the area we decided to meet up today ( 6/8 ). First park we were to hit is Lake Compounce.

Lake Compounce: I've lived in Connecticut for almost 19 years and this has been the first time I visited Lake Compounce. Overall, I was really impressed with the cleanliness, the layout, rides, and the employees. When I got into the parking lot and started walking towards the tunnel to the park, I called Don and Monica too see where they were. Turns out they were only a few cars behind me so I only waited a few minutes and met up with them. We walked to the park entrance and I gave them the Stop & Shop coupon which gave them a 4.00/person discount.

Zoomerang: your general vekoma boomerang, it was a walk on and I only went on it for the credit.

Wildcat: Wildcat was our second coaster we hit, we were going to try and get on Boulder Dash but they were still testing, so we walked over to Wildcat. It looked like it was still testing or something since they had a trash can infront of the entrance, so we walked around and I asked the ride attendent sitting at the ride exit. She said the ride was running so we went back and got in line. We waited in line to board the train and they said we could board...We laughed because we thought the gates were automatic...turns out they weren't. So we boared and rode.

This is actually a great woodie, it is very smooth, smoother then Cyclone and Thunderbolt combined. When we got back into the station, no one else was in the queue so we got a re-ride.

Boulder Dash: No wonder people rave about this coaster. It is one of the greatest wooden coasters on the planet, and it's amazing how you just zip by along the edge of the mountain. We rode this coaster twice, once in the front of the train and once in the back. Turns out Boulder Dash queue seperates into two (one for back and one for front) and since we were heading for the back, I wasn't looking and ran into the queue pole. Right between the legs!

Other rides we hit was the flyers, I rode on the 180ft Skycoaster which was amazing, and we rode the skyway up the side of the mountain which has a great view

We also hit up the waterpark which wasn't operating at 100%. The three white body slides were closed due to renovations, and the two tube slides into the lake were closed.

At about 1:00ish we headed out and drove the back roads up to my Stop & Shop to get lunch, then off to SFNE

Six Flags New England

We got to the park about 3:30 which gave us enough time to hit the water park a bit and ride some rides. When going through security they made me take off my belt (3 out of the 4 times I've been there so far). And the women security gaurds loved my T-Shirt that I was wearing. (my t-shirt on the back says, "Jenny was a nice girl, but not bright." And it shows a girl chasing a balloon with an oncoming car).

Waterpark: Waterpark was only operating at 1/3 capacity. Which means anything in the new section was open (except typhoon which opens in a week and a half), and the mini lazy river w/ waves in the old section. Turns out they won't operate full capacity 7 days a week until June 26th. For now it's 1/3 mon-fri and full on weekends

Batman: After the waterpark, Don and I went on Batman, we waited about 20 minutes and they were running one train. They really didn't need two since the line wasn't that long so I understand. But during the wait i had troubles with one of my contacts so I rode the ride with that eye closed.

I didn't ride Mind Eraser, but Don and Monica did while I went and got the contact out of the side of my eyeball. Don said that he didn't like the Mind Eraser but he had to get the credit.

another ride I didn't ride but Don and Monica did was Flashback. Again, they needed the credit.

Mr Six's Pandemonium: We also hit MSP and we took the single riders lane so we split up. But Don and I still managed to get on the same train, at first we didn't get a lot of spinning, but after passing through the first block brakes we were speeding alone the track and spinning like crazy all the way to the end. It was amazing.

Superman: Great as always, only waited a few minutes for the train.

Thunderbolt: Don and I went on Thunderbolt while Monica waitied...but when we started accending the lift hill the train came to a halt and rolled back a few inches and stopped. We waited like 10 minutes for maint. guy to come to the train. Turns out some idiot in the back row pulled out his disposable camera and was caught on the camera at the foot of the lift hill. Shortly after they resumed the lift and we finished the ride.

After that we tried and hit superman again but before decending into Superhero area the train stopped twice on the lift. So we botched it and went back to my area and tried and get dinner at my favorite resturant.

now since I've already made you fall asleep with one of my novel style trip reports, it's onto a few of my pictures I got.

P1010023.jpg.8c0101f921532924f84abb5e1a811288.jpg

Horee Shanizzle!

P1010019.jpg.12c8d4c8f0a416b1a822fa4b8c333948.jpg

Your fellow Token Yankee sporting the Skycoaster vest ready to fly on the 180ft high Skycoaster.

P1010018.jpg.c8de2fcd72bae2354d76a5c685f6c246.jpg

By looking at the trolley, you can tell it was probably in actual operation before being put into Lake Compounce...Trolleys are cool

P1010017.jpg.759dd263be8db9e52e70af24f96420a3.jpg

Wow...the trolley is so intense, you can't ride it if you have the following conditions.

P1010012.jpg.29df78b1977f0a7d1d48f471c7b28357.jpg

Great view from the skyway that goes up the side of the mountain

P1010010.jpg.f4c102a68dc4db17848e080431e881cc.jpg

Lake Compounce on the opposite side of what I believe the lake is called...Lake Compounce.

P1010008.jpg.f5ccbe4f70fe8ed4693c12096929086e.jpg

Monica and Don pimping it out on the train that goes along the lake.

P1010006.jpg.3591e6d306b438aac1c9b93c4e40487b.jpg

Clipper Clove. It's a fun water playscape area that we ran around in. They got cool slides!

P1010005.jpg.c67f60f6726344a530988aadfbba4563.jpg

Monica and Don waiting to board Boulder Dash

P1010001.jpg.cde81ae90a1be79c71ed020d22eb18eb.jpg

the lovely main gate to Lake Compounce. I was even able to walk right in without passing through a metal detector or getting my bagged checked

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got back to work so I felt I'd add a little here.

Lake Compounce was one of the best parks on out New England trip. It's all about the claustrophobic red lighthouse slide. I almost got a panic attack the first time it was so cool!

Also I friggen love those water play structures. Most parks won't let me play on their cargo nets.

I can't believe how cool Boulderdash was. It's like they tried to find the most difficult place in the park to build a wooden coaster, and stuck it up into the hillside. The pace it keeps is unreal, it had me thinking "What Legend?" at the end.

Oh, and you forgot to mention the two best rides at SFNE we went on: The Sky Balls and Great Chase! Too bad we couldn't try out Typhoon, I guess I'll just have to try the one at Holiday World next season (oops, did I let that out?!)

The pizza at that "nazi" restauraunt was pretty damn good.

-Don "Loves Connecticut now!" Garrison