TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Paramount Carowinds 5/1/05

Being it was a beautiful day and that we have season passes, my friend Billy and I decided to hit up Carowinds for the second Sunday in a row. We had some company this time; a couple-Billy's brother with his girlfriend. Those two were all over each other the whole time at the park. Billy and I thought it was amusing, and made fun of the two high schoolers all day long. It added to the enjoyment of the day!

We arrived at 10 AM after driving an hour from Columbia, SC. The park had more people than last Sunday when we went into the gates. We figured as such since it was warm and sunny unlike the coldness of last Sunday. We headed for the ride that is always the busiest since its installation-Borg. The line was about 10-15 minutes, which isnt a bad wait. Its fun just watching the ride. We got in our seats and Billy's brother Chris freaked out, and was very nervous. I actually love going up that hill on your back, it really heightens the suspense. For the ride, we had a blast. It was VERY smooth, the turns and loop were taken at just the right speeds to create great G forces. I was pleasantly surprised!

Top Gun was our next destination. We walked onto the front seat with no wait time. I love this ride, but the tiny drop into the curved banking drop freaks me out everytime. The ride was very smooth and powerful, yet when we rode it in the afternoon it really packed a punch. We were jerked around on the helix and felt tremendous G's through the vertical loop!

We rode Top Gun again and then went to Thunder Road.

Thunder Road was quite a thrill. THEY WERE RACING THE TRAINS! The ride op got both sides to yell at each other and get hyped up about racing! It was awesome and I have totally missed that aspect of the ride. Backwards was totally more fun than forwards! It was increasingly smooth throughout the ride and the airtime was great!

After a couple rides on Thunder Road we headed to the kiddie area to ride the Wild Thornberry Log Flume and Rocket Power Air Time. Both were enjoyable, the log flume got my pants and shirt super wet. But me looking wet equals 100% hotness, so it was all dandy.

We decided to go to Vortex after that to "dry off," which really did not help! I really dislike that coaster. Everytime I ride I cannot get the adjustment straight and my pants ride up or my crotch hurts like all Satan's wrath. The corkscrews hurt and rattle my ears against the headrests. On the upside, the loop is very powerful!

Next we decided to go to the Super Saturator to drop water on people. I didnt get anyone fudge it, but it does take those turns at a good speed and is really fun with the little restraints placed on you. We werent ready to eat next so we rode the mine train, Carolina Goldrusher. It was really fun!!!!!! I dont know why but the helixes you take on that ride are a blast!

We went to eat at Wings in the park after the Goldrusher. I had a chicken sandwich with cheese, fries and good ol' sweet tea. It wasnt bad at all, the resturant is really nice with booths and a comfortable indoor seating enviroment. The porches have rocking chairs!!!!!!! We kicked back on them and made fun of all the nasty large people who shouldnt wear little clothes, then rode Ricochet, which gave Billy bad bruises. Then again, my skinny tail slammed into him .

We rode the Hurler next, which we werent looking forward to because of its evil pain complex. We got on it, and rushed down the big drop, and took the turns decently. Then we got MAD AIRTIME! Holy crap, and it didnt hurt landing!!! The turns, upward helix and bunny hills were awesome! I couldnt believe it. It must have a personality defect because last weekend it was EVIL! Go Hurler! For now.

We hit up Carolina Cyclone which was its normal fun self, a good Arrow coaster (believe it or not), then rode Top Gun one last time because the wait for it was getting long. It packed a huge punch like I said earlier, it was really surprising. Billy got 2 hours of sleep the night before and I got drunk so we left because we were tired/or wanted a cigarette.

We are bad.

Side Notes: The park attendance grew rapidly over the time we were there from 10AM to 3 PM...We couldnt get on the flyers because of the lines ....There were hot ladies everywhere, and I was drooling....some guy was doing Karaoke of God Bless The USA and I wanted to vomit.....everyone was really nice!!!!!!

Here are some pics!

1577569202_Carowinds50105030.jpg.e7e94b58e8a6707ad51355c0d997d33f.jpg

Carolina Cyclone

1932915658_Carowinds50105023.jpg.c5b4ff81d9db5458ccb5bb3798186184.jpg

Old Frenzoid

2087323982_Carowinds50105022.jpg.012853aeb872a443d4bdd987bc1afd2e.jpg

pic riding up Thunder Road

213670979_Carowinds50105019.jpg.f14417a06425e73a012950031b8a1924.jpg

Sweet pic of Top Gun

627005571_Carowinds50105015.jpg.d41bccda29775e338d54a10211bf9bf9.jpg

Reptar, using the bathroom

600837530_Carowinds50105014.jpg.1e492cfda53e59d5b935135580481ed7.jpg

SpongeBob, my lover

1163355688_Carowinds50105010.jpg.cb85ba86e7e6328ceebe4b292b32ace1.jpg

Borg and Evil Vortex

943422705_Carowinds50105002.jpg.58e71ab1f21f684b444f7b9514c5d7c9.jpg

me rockin the chucks

1286264275_Carowinds50105025.jpg.55c4fb09a65aa60381309b23ec23b1d1.jpg

Borg, from the Log Flume queue.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, I was there. It was a great day to be at the park. The Flyers were great as always until a little girl refused to get off the ride and succeeded in shutting down the ride for 30 minutes because she was a little brat. The worst part about it was her mom stood right there and refused to do anything about it.

Brian says, Uggh I blame North Carolina.

Yes, I was there. It was a great day to be at the park. The Flyers were great as always until a little girl refused to get off the ride and succeeded in shutting down the ride for 30 minutes because she was a little brat. The worst part about it was her mom stood right there and refused to do anything about it.

Brian says, Uggh I blame North Carolina.

I blame the mountain people

Nice trip report and nice pictures! It's amazing what a new paint job can do to a coaster. When the Borg was the Stelath at PGA, the red and white was just an average color combination and it didn't really stick out. Now with the black and green that thing looks awesome! It makes me excited to ride it again!

The Flyers were great as always until a little girl refused to get off the ride and succeeded in shutting down the ride for 30 minutes because she was a little brat.

She was probably some poor kid from Cincinnati, still upset that they took her flyers away from PKI and sent them to Carowinds.

Shari "Have I mentioned this week that I am still ticked off about this??" Shoufler