Photo TR: Cliff's - 04.03.05

Fun Times in Albuquerque
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
If it Wasn't For Cliffs I'd Have to Drive 7 Hours for Wood!!!

Photo TR: Cliff's - 04.03.05

Postby crispy » Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:21 pm

Alright I talked my wife into going to Cliff's on opening day, which is no small feat considering she is about 8 months pregnant. She called and invited her sister, so it was me, my daughter Mickey, my wife Corina, my sister in law Becka, and her son Ryan

here we go

Opening day at Cliff's was great. I was sure that there would be at least a decent crowd on hand, but no the park was fairly empty, but it appears they are doing well, three new rides, and new cash registers, you know those fancy touch screen type, that the employees don't know how to use yet, so it takes 30 minutes to order a hotdog, you know the ones

Anyway, we arrived about 10 minutes late and expected to see a line still to enter the park. I think waited behind two groups of people, and due to the new cash registers it took about 15 minutes to get in.

We went over to the Galaxi, cause the kids can ride it, and promply got on, no line. Just looking at the ride, you can tell it is well taken care of, I think they painted it, or at least cleaned it.

After that we hit the Log Ride, then on to the Scrambler and the Rock-o Plane-o, we got VERY long rides on both of these, which normalyy would be fun, but by the time both rides stopped, I was BEYOND ready to be off of them.

After that my wife took the kids to the kiddie area, and me and Becka went to ride the Rattler. We sat in the very back seat. I turned and told her that this was the 24th best coaster in the world, she looked at me and said, "this little thing, yeah right", I guess she hasn't been to Cliff's in like 10 years.

Up the lift hill, and over the drop, first air time moment. I had never ridden in the VERY back of the coaster, but man it is intense back there, we fly around the first helix, and experience two more great butt lifting airtime moments as we pass back under the main drop. I stopped counting, but every few seconds, we were thrown from our seats, some of the drops felt as if we would have been literally TROWN from our seats if we did not have any restraints.

Anyway the ride finishes, and my sister in law is in a daze.

"Most coasters give you a few seconds to at leat catch your breath, this one is non stop"

That was her assesment, she likes coasters, but needed a break, so we went back to the kiddie area. We ate dinner, and visited the miniture gift shop, where I got to touch the nerd scooper the Robb had touched in his visit here.

We rode the Galaxi again, and the Rattler, which I had to talk Becka into getting on again, she was really shaken, we rode in the back again, but one seat up, no change AWESOMELY INTENSE.

We ended the day with churro's and ice cream

I had a great time, even though the new rides were not operating. I can't wait to go back when they are

Chris

I filled up the attachments, I'll post some more later, thanks Chris
Entrance.jpg
We just arrived an found a SWARM of people. look you can see the Rattler from here
walkingtoGalaxi.jpg
Here we are working our way through the masses toward the Galaxi
LogRide.jpg
As you can totally tell, this is me and my family on the log ride, can you see me?
LogerideLeak.jpg
The unfortunate consequences of letting someone a big as me ride the log ride, I broke it.
Rattlerthroughbars.jpg
A kinda cool pic through the Rock-o Plane-o cage
Rattlerthroupalno.jpg
Another pic of the Rattler, from the Pane-o
MeonMerrygoround.jpg
In reality this is THE ride I have been dreaming about all winter
NEWRIDES.jpg
YES THE NEW RIDES, woohoo, alright.................oh crap
MusicExpress.jpg
Well I guess you can say its the most finished, but still not working
FallingStar.jpg
I was really looking foward to this one, oh well
DropTower.jpg
They have a ways to go on the Drop tower, well the que line is done
Rattlertop.jpg
Looks like its time for the main event
Rattlerdrop.jpg
This ride is fast and intense, tons of GREAT airtime
Bumpercarsmickey.jpg
Here is my Daughter, showing everone that she has her mothers driving ability, she didn't really move more than six feet from this spot, she'll be fun to teach to drive
Shortleg.jpg
As Ryan is riding the kiddie bumper cars I see this
What do you see?

1-A cool Guy

2- a poor soul with a flat ass and REALLY short legs

3- A pervert, and your glad the shot is from this side
happyryan.jpg
This is ryan right after the ride, he seems to happy
NerdScooper.jpg
Here you go Robb, thought I'd bring back some memories, Nerd's by the pound

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Coasterlicious » Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:27 pm

I wish parks around here opened early, but they all open in May :cry: and Its still freakin snowing.. geeze.... Very nice pictures though :D

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:11 pm

Great TR!!!

I love the leaking log flume!!! That's almost scary!

Elissa "that park did have some ghetto people when we were there!" Alvey

Uber Designer

Postby Real » Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:16 pm

I want more pictures of that sexy CCI....man, why do almost all CCI's just LOOK good?

Especially with steel supports, but thats just me. I like the contrast the track makes as it highlights its curves and such against the steel backdrop.

Randomness

Postby coasterdude5 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:32 pm

Awesome trip report. I really like all the pics. Are you going to make any more?

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Coasterkid20 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:48 pm

Great TR, gotta love the New Mexico Rattler, I think pound for pound it is one of the most intense coasters out there, for only being 80' tall and only 2750' long it packs one hell of a mean punch, almost as well as Raven. At least you got to the park with no crowds, I went in 2003 on the second to last day of closing and man the wait for the front was like 50 minutes and the back was like 40 minutes. But it is good to know that Cliff's investment has paid off!

Postby crispy » Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:22 pm

I love the leaking log flume!!! That's almost scary!

Actually, it was a small leak, and I'm sure it was there before I rode it, I think, I hope I didn't break it.

Those Ghetto folk really stood out at the park, and his pants were, well VERY low

I wish parks around here opened early, but they all open in May Crying or Very sad and Its still freakin snowing.. geeze.... Very nice pictures though

You can still see the snow on the mountains, and it snowed here just last week, but it was about 70 degrees while we were there

Awesome trip report. I really like all the pics. Are you going to make any more?

I want more pictures of that sexy CCI....man, why do almost all CCI's just LOOK good?

alright here's a few more
Rattler.jpg
This is a non-stop ride, with TONS of airtime
ScramblerSqueeze.jpg
You can see how the rides are squeezed into the roller coaster
Singageatthepark.jpg
Wow, look park sinage, anyone who has been to this park knows if you just look around you can find anything, and why is kiddyland listed twice?

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:35 pm

No No...

There's Kiddie Land & Kiddieland. Two completely different places! :lol:

Elissa "water monkey's adventure!!!" Alvey

Postby crispy » Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:39 pm

Well, looking again at the sign, you are correct, how could I have been so stupid, of course Cliff's has TWO kid area's, its just so big

here Elissa, your favorite Water Park
Watermonkey1.jpg
Elissa's favoritly named water park

Look I made up a word
Watermonkey2.jpg
Ahh, to bad its closed untill mid May

Not Everyone In Germany Wears Lederhosen and Eats Sauerkraut

Postby Hattuchili » Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:53 pm

Nice TR and great pictures. I really liked it. Looks like you had a good day at Cliff´s.

--Soeren
--> from good old Germany and back in Orlando!

Next

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive