TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Use Your Religion

Jose Eber

That 'R.A. worship' thread was kinda scary -- but let's put a twist on it.

What's your religion, if you have any?

It doesn't have to be serious...or legitimate.

For example, I'll start.

I worship the gods of art and technology called 'Bang and Olufsen' and 'Apple' I guess my house of worship is WDW?

Who's next?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm raised in a Baptist Christian household... but I dont really find myself "christian" I guess..

When I was little I was big into christianity and really religious but I've drifted away from God I guess, so I dont consider myself Christian really, and the subject kindof makes me upset I guess, I dont have anything against christians at all, but I just dont see myself as one anymore.

Nothing against the religions, just seemed too questionable for me, and all the rules and weird stuff, it was weird... and confusing, but I still believe there is a God out there watching over everyone, I just dont know about the whole thing (I even pray once and a blue moon) so I guess im not really "athiest" just wouldn't consider myself very religious.

-Justin "the non-athiest/non-christian?" :shock:

I'm a Christian whose been burned by the church (and doesn't go any more), and who struggles daily in a myriad of ways, but have been brought through enough things in my life to know that God is real, that He loves me and that my greatest desire still is to be the man He wants me to be and stand before Him on Judgment Day and hear Him tell me "Well Done, good and faithful servant, with you I am well pleased".

Im a Christian..

I would gladly get into a discussion about Near Death Experience with anyone who thinks that we go into a world of nothing when we die.. why do children that can hardly talk, and have no religious basis or knowledge, and haven't been brainwashed by society have almost an identical Near Death Experience as someone who is... 75?

Eric

I practice no religion, I practice a relationship with God. I am a christian, spiritual, but not religous

Oh and btw, those who are athiest, the very nature of being an athiest is contradictoral by nature. In order to deny something you have to first accept its existance. Because if there was nothing to begin with, what is there to deny or NOT believe in?

Agnostic is the better term for most of you.

Oh and btw, those who are athiest, the very nature of being an athiest is contradictoral by nature. In order to deny something you have to first accept its existance. Because if there was nothing to begin with, what is there to deny or NOT believe in?

Agnostic is the better term for most of you.

Ok, first of all, people that say they are athiest know there is no god, just like people who are religious know that there is a god. However, if we just flat out and say that there is no god, it would get everyone all riled up. I know that most of the athiests i know are accepting of other peoples beliefs, I know i am. I beleive that everyone needs something to believe in, something that brings them comfort. I accept that. Most people chose a religion, I have chosen the lack there of.

It is often less blunt, and more tactful in a conversation to simply say that you dont believe in something, rather than saying it does or doesnt exist. Its also far more constructive to avoid phrases like "I am right, and you are wrong, and thats what it boils down to." Well, yes, we all know that. Thats because if none of us knew that our beliefs were right over other peoples, then no one could believe in anything. So, if anything comes out of this rant, just try to accept what other people believe in, or dont believe in.

However, I would agree in your phrase that agnostic is more appropriate for most of the people who claim to be athiests. I have spend many hours thinking about my beliefs, and I know that there is no god (just like you know that there is). :dork: