Joey's Ongoing Sporting Event Photo TR Thread

Update Pg. 22: Wrigley Field
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
TPR makes work go faster

Postby bigstevet07 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:35 am

So we get to thank Wes for inspiring Stallone to do the reboot of Rambo?
I hate Godzilla! I hate him too! He destroyed cities!

Someday, I hope to find my own Indiana Jones.

Postby Jojo19799 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:54 am

Awesome TR Joey. If you're ever in the midwest, I'll take you to a Cubs, Sox or Brewers game. I am a HUGE Brewers fan, and love the stadium. It's also a great place for tailgating which is a must at any Brewers game (which you can't do in Chicago). However the BEST part of tailgating in Milwaukee, is that you could use beer as currency!! I don't know how many times people have come up to our group and say "hey, I'll give you two (insert beer name here) for a hot dog".

On a random note, I just got back from Vegas. As I was walking through the Forum Shops, there is a store there called Field of Dreams (or something along those lines). Pete Rose was there for autographs, however I didn't get a picture or an autograph. :(

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby printersdevil78 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:33 am

^Yeah, Pete Rose owns a portion of that store. Autographs are free, but he'll only sign merchandise purchased there. Or at least that was the case when I was there last in 2006. Baseballs started at $35.

Postby Jojo19799 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:44 am

^I think that was the case. I wasn't paying too much attention to it, but I thought I overheard a guy say you had to buy something. But, if you wanted a picture for free, you had to stay behind a rope.

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:56 am

Joey, this thread rocks. Keep updating!

Jojo19799 wrote:I am a HUGE Brewers fan, and love the stadium. It's also a great place for tailgating which is a must at any Brewers game (which you can't do in Chicago). However the BEST part of tailgating in Milwaukee, is that you could use beer as currency!! I don't know how many times people have come up to our group and say "hey, I'll give you two (insert beer name here) for a hot dog".

That is an amazing story. I'd love to visit that place if that's the sort of thing that goes on during tailgating.

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

Beer Man

Postby mcjaco » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:50 pm

Miller Park is OK, for a park. Sightlines are good, food is good, I just don't think it has much ambience. Unless you stay outside to tailgate.

You better like crappy Miller beer though. ::lol::

Wrigley is still the best of the Midwest, for history and atmosphere. Although no one is there for the game anymore. It's one big bar.

Seeing that jojo is a Brewers fan in Illinois, I'm guessing they're a Packers fan too. Yuck.

TPR makes work go faster

Postby bigstevet07 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:01 pm

^ I definitely agree with Miller Park. The place is pretty cool and the food is real good. I just didn't think the atmosphere was good at all. The fans were very tranquill at the game. Of course this was '03 when the Brewers still stunk. I was actually surprised at all the tailgating for a baseball game. I haven't seen it that often.
I hate Godzilla! I hate him too! He destroyed cities!

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:15 pm

^^My visit to Green Bay to watch a Packers game is probably the most fun I've ever had at a pro sports event. The stadium and the crowd were great. I'd love to go back there some day.

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby nursemelis374 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:26 pm

Just saw this thread and I loved the report from Dodger Stadium last year! I used to love Eric Karros so I was glad to hear he was nice to you as a kid!

I am going to Fenway next week to watch the Sox play! Maybe I will post a TR!

Postby Jojo19799 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:39 pm

Seeing that jojo is a Brewers fan in Illinois, I'm guessing they're a Packers fan too. Yuck.

I am a Packers fan. =)

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random