TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT2] Rainbow Summit: RAINBOW VALLEY

Does anyone even play RCT2 anymore? I've done all the rest, love Planet Coaster, etc. I put them all away a while ago (you know, life and stuff!) but during some recent down time, decided to challenge myself with what seemed like the funnest coaster game (by a small margin), RCT2.

Rainbow Summit! Did anyone win that scenario years ago when you first played the game? I sure didn't. Having played the game so many times over the years, I learned some tricks (with out 8carsper or any other cheats) to help with my goals. I've done Rainbow Summit so many times (changed the name of the this one to Rainbow Valley and Rainbow Canyon), and always enjoyed the challenge; to see if I could do something different and best my last scores (guests and profit).

Like many real parks, I guess I always kept my usual formulas of double-wide paths (separated by hedges, except where need be) and a large square to keep things moving. I finished the scenario with over 1,000 past the October Year 4 challenge of 2,500 guests, and this past time I was just shy of my 4,000 guests goal.

All the coasters were pre-planned out of course (so that could be considered cheating?), and with this last game finishing at 3,990 guests and nearly $1,500 in the bank I'm putting the game away. In the game before this, I finished with 3,500 guests and over $20,000... But this time I kept building new coasters (all pre-designed, of course) to keep em coming in.

I would assume that many people use some of the same tricks I've used, such as closing this park at the very start, putting up no entry banners to get everyone out, while quickly building a first midway with rides - then when all the guests are out, re-open the park at a much higher entrance fee (mine was $60, and they seemed happy paying it). I repeated this process 2 more times when I had 500 guests in the park. Close and re-open. Lots of cash to start building. Doing that took the first year, then after that it's build build build time! Lots of fun!

1052678147_RainbowValley1.thumb.jpg.c6966428c2411062f1c0ed9a7cdd4908.jpg

Thunderbolt and Monster of the Midway wood coasters, Phantom of the Park steel coaster.

756924864_RainbowValley2.thumb.jpg.5a4f327d1363df0c4e6d8b4ef5bdc233.jpg

Starliner wood coaster with white structure and blue tracks, Nessie Arrow cork, Tyrant/Cyclone wood coaster, and dueling mine train rides underneath it all.

704644246_RainbowValley3.thumb.jpg.6f645a40bd7b99d4df4001340c21eab2.jpg

1793042013_RainbowValley4.thumb.jpg.fccaad8f1a2fd59288b85336ade0d600.jpg

Monster of the Mountain wood coaster (formerly wood coaster 1 - opened with the park, redesigned and eventually rebuilt), Alpengeist Schwarzkopf speed racer, and Atom Smasher wood coaster.

798471466_RainbowValley5.thumb.jpg.6f515dbd2994a619ec28d4f9ac79498a.jpg

The blue queue with no ride was the log flume that I wasn't able to finish building.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Posted Images