[PLC] "Walk on the wild side" Themepark Project [#001]

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Upload files from No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc...
Discuss CoasterDynamix, KNEX Models, and more random stuff!
Macaroni and Donkey

Re: [PLC] "Walk on the wild side" Themepark Project [#001]

Postby Supernovae » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:27 pm

A very good evening dears,

I’ve got some new stuff collected for a new update on "Wotws" themepark. The creation block is unfortunately still in place for the "Wild mouse" and "vintage palace" Project but I’m still going strong on upgrading the existing areas.

So here some pictures of the work done:

Status of the "Wild mouse" and “Vintage Palace” project.

Boulderdash got spotlights and got a better look in the night. The que has been given some lights and better gardening.

Put an extra trigger to the Kiddy coaster "Dragon Fury".

The paths arround "Boulderdash" and "Rolling River" has gotten some fencing, lights and improved gardening.

"Rolling River" got a better light set.

Another extra round of attention to the shops in this area.

I have been experimenting with flood lights and search light to have the area of "Predator" better visible in the night. Unfortunately it created to much light pollution for the surrounding area. Tried it later by placing floor lights just right under the skin of the skeletons and that did just the trick.

The same method I used on the track of "Predator" and created this effect:

Here I leave you with a new onride video of “Predator” in his new Night settings.

Enjoy
On paper we have the most strongest team you can imagine. It is a pitty we are not playing on paper...

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Supernovae » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:25 pm

For now I started a new Project for the park. Project 8 it is called for the moment. It will be the centre Castle of "Walk on the wild side" Themepark. And it will not be a Cinderella kind of thing but a little more sinister of course :D

Pics say more!

The terraforming. This was the first setup but I found out very soon that this immediately killed the frame rate of the game with +1000 smoke nuzzles ;D

So Back to the basic and drawing table.

So we started to place the smoke more strategic so I needed less of them.
I made the tower shapes of rocks and turn them with 15 degrees to create a symmetric shape and start building a entrance building.

put in some lights.

Customized the operator boot.

And closed the roof.

This is it for the moment.
I hope you like the style of this Castle

See you all back soon! :)
On paper we have the most strongest team you can imagine. It is a pitty we are not playing on paper...

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Supernovae » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:29 am

I got some new developments on the Project no. 8 for you.

Entrance hall is enclosed and got a roof

Building the que line

New tower and ridegate

Back side and station

From above

So far the progress this week.
See you back soon!

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Supernovae » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:43 pm

I made a little progress this week due to long days at work. (Freaking 7 days storm @ Rotterdam) So here some pictures of the growing project.

First inside theming

Central Hall and exit path

Ride station platform

2nd layer theming over the rock formation

Night shots

Hope I have more to show you next week.
Thanks for your attention

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Supernovae » Wed May 22, 2019 11:24 am

Hi there all.

I have some update on Project 8 of "Walk on the wild side" Themepark.
I started with building the last scene of Project 8. This will be the final scene of this ride.

Created a heavens portal in perspective view.

Final carousel overview.

carousel Chamber

The gate you don't want to end up

New tower building (1st scene)

Night setting

carousel Chamber just before closing roof

New castle building

Developing

And then came the point of item usage that would let my videocard barf.
As some of the arches are more that 1500 item pieces, i had to come up with a solution.
Or scale down the items usage, or take it out of the park as a single ride project.
I choose to massively scale down the collums and arches as most have already sunk down in the project and were not visible anymore. I deleted more than half of the Item pieces without loosing the castle. For the interial of the central hall I found this solution:

Right wing of the Castle keeps developing

So.. with this last picture of yesterday you are all up to date again.
Leaves me with only one video left of the newly build "flying island" that gives you a spectacular view of the park.

Enjoy!

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Supernovae » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:42 am

Hi there all!

Got some update on the "Judgementday" Ride project.

I had to scale down massively on the Items usage on the pillars of the castle. From a total of 180.000 item pieces I stripped it down to 19.000 including the latest growth of the project. build new pillars out of 32 pieces each instead of the 680 item pieces I used previously. The game runs as smooth as ever now and with the items count now we will end up approx. on 100.000 pieces whet the project is finished.

The pillars changed to a more rough style that I like more and give the castle the right ambiance in my opinion.

Some visuals:

During the building I took a lot screenshots with the idea in mind to create a timelapse video of the rising of this centre piece of my park. Here you find the timelapse video of Judgement Day (33%) finished.

Now the castle is 33% finished I have to start with the ride settings and special effects. The mysterious black cloud that was permanently hanging over the 2nd gate portal needs to get a better solution than it is now.
I managed to let the cloud travel from a window of the castle to the 2nd gate tower where it will unleash a Thunderbolt twice over the tower. Here a small making off video of the 1st effect added to this ride.

In the meanwhile I have been creating a park download for my steam workshop of the "Predator valley" so it is now possible to walk around the "Wild side" yourself. This park upload contains: "Predator" RMC coaster, "Rolling River" Rapid, Octopus Rodeo Arena and Rodeonaut Lab.

Workshop link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1753764976

Visual of the upload:

Hope you will enjoy your visit :airtime:

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Supernovae » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:01 pm

Hi there all :)

A lot have been done the last few weeks on the Judgment Day journey it self. the first Video screens have been installed and there are some more to follow. I have started with the first afterworld you will be shown. To make sure what your position is here we start with "Hell"

Pictures will give you a better idea and I will explain them one by one.

This exact moment...., you die!

Some explanation what just happend and what will be the procedure.

Welcome to Hell; The "worst" chamber.

Specially for the worst of creatures. Stuck on a pole in the lava. The first 1000 years you will only feel the pain but will not be affected. Then you will turn in to a living skeleton. Your mind and pain are still there for another 2000 years. After 3000 years you end up in an cage to bake for eternity. Your soul is gone...

The "Disposables"

The place all the #ssh#l#s, waist of oxygen and space end up. Gone in a blink of the eye. No more time waist on. Done!

I did manage to keep the objects count to still on 19.000. I replaced two big centre hall roofs with an better object so it is now made out of less than 80 pieces instead of the 478 wooden beams that it was.

New views of the total area:

New roof outside

New roof inside

Some building shots of Hell:

The "Worst" Chamber.

The "disposables" Chamber.

To leave you today with some areal shots and night shots.

Thank you all for your attention :)

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Supernovae » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:19 pm

I got some updates on Judgmentday "The ride" for you all :b

Now the progress in the Park:

Scenery items reducing: I deleted the fences of wooden beams trough out my whole park. Too many items to demarcate off the paths edges for both sides.
Also the que line area of "Wotws the ride" I have totally redesigned that landscape and deleted out the hundreds of bushes used to demarcate of the que edges.

Judgment day the ride: The roof over "the Hell" scene has been closed now and a start has been made for the "Something" scene for people that belief in "something"

As I expect to be busy enough up till the end of September with building this ride I just made a first view inside video of the 5 scenes I declared ready.
1st scene "the journey starts",
2nd scene "you die",
3rd scene "the procedure explained",
4th scene "Take a last view",
5th scene "The Hell"
sub scene "the worst"
sub scene "the disposables"

Enjoy your journey.

Technical: I learned some trick to restore the frame rate while recording footage from Planco. That trick managed me to record a 4K - 60fps onride video of "Predator" in night setting instead of the earlier released video with a barely 20fps.

This is the first test case I made with the new procedure. So I would like your feed back on it if you also experience a better frame rate and higher quality of video content.

Thanks again for your attention

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Supernovae » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:29 am

As I'm now in my holiday and camping season (sun, beach and family quality time) I did not have much done on W.o.t.W.S themepark. Not much to show on "Judgmentday the Ride" as the most work been done is undergrounds. My plan for "something" is not working out very well so I have to "Mcguiver" some solutions. The original idea was to make an underground space section with star panels and screens that would show some heavenly bodies and Hubble pictures. With no natural light those screens ended up still black and to light them out destroys the effect of merge them in to the star panels on the background. I need to come up with some other approach to get it done.

I'm still trying to get the items use down as I really want to deliver a full park map download for W.o.t.W.S. themepark. Ideas for a "Dutch medieval" area, "Chinatown" and "Pirate cove" are still pending to be introduced to the themepark.

Total park map so far:

What has been done for this update:

I managed to finish up the light plan for "Walk on the wild side" The ride.
The ride is now fully ready for night time park openings.

W.o.t.W.S. the ride @ night

Here the new ride experience in 40/60 fps recording:

Also the park has reached it's 2nd years of building anniversary so I made a total new promo for the park with the new recording method to get the lagging out and put in all the new rides including the vintage village "Flying Turns" and not yet shown before "Manic Mouse" coaster. Of course with the uptempo "The Iron Horse" that is the official W.o.t.W.S. themepark tune. Hope you enjoy it as it took 3 full days of recording in 0,25 game speed and edditing it back to 1.0 speed took another day extra.

See you all back soon when I leave the beach.

Previous

Return to Roller Coaster Games, Models, and Other Randomness