TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT2] Grizzly Woods Amusement Park | 1988

Hi I'm new on the forums! My name is Fenton Reece I am 21 and my home park is of course Grizzly Woods. The park has been open for about 10 years and is a small family owned park, It is home to the worlds tallest and fastest wooden rollercoaster in history! It open 4 years ago and is an amazing ride. The park is home to 9 signature rides and has promised to grow into a world class amusement park. So lets get to the photos...

SCR10.jpg.71ec5006b7cf9ba6a45067616c29fefc.jpg

If you walk through Pioneer Point you enter Gold Rush Country home to Mine Strike (Scrambler), Golden Wheel (Ferris Wheel)...

SCR11.jpg.b0f5e804dea0f9176f408488da20a49b.jpg

Also Grizzly Woods has arguably the best themed water ride ever! Curse of the Lost Mine not only is well themed but has a spectacular splash finale.

SCR12.jpg.c46c53a1a78dbd7703052b58f8359717.jpg

The parks 2nd coaster GOLD RUSH! opened with the park.

SCR14.jpg.86f5150e0c2d573a2e17a8ac87e98853.jpg

Finaly my personal favorite part of the park, Lafitter's Landing. It's also the newest part of the park. Is that a Boomerang I see?

SCR15.jpg.b51b5cb67538e0c6aa7d28d2daebfdfe.jpg

Yes it is but a very special boomerang named The Red Baron. It is the first and only extended boomerang coaster ever built!

SCR17.jpg.5d125b7ce1a79875c7816b51300456d6.jpg

Laffiter's Landing is also includes an Adventure Express Station (Train), Seven Seas Swing (Pirate Ship) and the Pirates Tavern (Restaurant)

SCR18.jpg.1f71ec741259cc02a7a4bd84add13895.jpg

Right at the back of the park there is this new construction zone... hmm? What are they building?

SCR5.jpg.6e96ed491612e1b4e141f4bb34276340.jpg

Here is the front entrance of Grizzly Woods! It's a very weird system they use opening the park, starting at 9:00 the front gates are open and then guest wait in front of the "Welcome" sign. 9:30 the rope drops and guest can move forward into the plaza in front of the ticket booths then at 10:00 the park opens and guest can buy tickets and enter.

SCR6.jpg.fca3152abce9c0fce4657bccc3c66f91.jpg

The first thing you see is "Pioneer Pointe". It used to be a camping ground and later turned into what it is today. Pioneer Pointe includes a very large Food Pavillion and the TotemPole sky tower...

SCR7.jpg.6234fd57e4da781bde55967a88f17315.jpg

And of course the main draw card for Grizzly Woods... GRIZZLY!

SCR8.jpg.cac5f09156b245723016dbde2582ad7f.jpg

This coaster is 150 feet tall! That is insane, the coasters footprint is half of the size of the park itself.

SCR9.jpg.2daf6e32acba85eb09ddbc090eb8b4fb.jpg

Very smooth and fast, this coaster is the best Dinn Corp has ever built. Its structure is really intimidating from anywhere in the park.

Things To Do:

1. Grizzly - Worlds Tallest and Fastest Wooden Rollercoaster in History!

2. The Food Pavillion - Come over and grab something to eat in the enormous pavilion.

3. TotemPole - The views are breathtaking at the highest point in the park, take a journey 160 feet in the air.

4. Adventure Express - ALL ABOARD! The adventure express will take you on a senic tour of the woods surrounding the park and stops at Pioneer Pointe and Laffiter's Landing.

5. Mine Strike - Hold on the your gold as you whirl around on the thrilling Mine Strike!

6. Golden Wheel - Sit down and enjoy a ride the entire family can enjoy with amazing views all around.

7. Curse of the Lost Mine - Enter the abandoned mine where the ghost of miners before taunt you as you try and escape the mine, with a big splashtacular ending!

8. GOLDRUSH! - Yeehaw! grab on and ride in a mine cart on the oldest coaster in the park.

9. The Pirates Tavern - Enjoy an amazing atmosphere and eat amazing pirate themed cuisines

10. The Red Baron - The newest ride in the park will take you on an insane flight through 3 inversion forwards then do it all again BACKWARDS!

11. Seven Seas Swing - Take on the seven seas as the storms a brewin'. The ship is going to need your help to make it through the storm.

Edited by Colse35

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This looks very nice! I really adore the Grizzly it looks so fun that I wish it was real, but I can imagine it would be retracked into rocky mountain construction like they're doing these days! The Goldrush looks just awesome! Red Baron, I wouldn't mid riding it, but I would hope if would have them Vekoma Boomerang Trains instead of Arrows! But still nice, hope to see more of this!

The park is very...brown. The entrance area is a solid start, but a good chunk of the park has the similar brown tone to it, not just in the architecture, but in the rides. More variety in color can definitely help this park feel more lively and vibrant, and overall be more pleasant to look at. Also, I always stress variation in the types of foliage used. I'd recommend adding in a lot more trees of different colors and sizes, along with shrubs to help give the park more life. While it is Grizzly Woods, only one color or type of tree isn't the most interesting thing to look at. Some of the color choices for rides are a little odd to me, such as the Mine Strike's gray/yellow and Pioneer Pointe's brown/gray, with the latter being a color combination that never really looks right. There are a number of smaller details that could use a little touching up, such as incomplete fencing along pathways, and some buildings having walls where the edges are open because of the way the walls were placed in (Food Pavilion (misspelled)). The wooden coaster is also a little overdone, if I have to be honest. It's usually not a good sign when you need to put a piece of chain lift at the top of the hill in order for it to go up such as the third hill.

There's some work that can be done to really make this park shine, but I definitely see some potential in it.