TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Building Smooth Coasters in NL2?

I've been trying to make my designs smoother, as I'm fairly new to NL2. I was curious to see what people on the forums did/how they built their coasters.

I've heard great things about programs like FVD++, however, try as I may, I can't get it to run on my computer. I've thought about Newton 2 as an alternative, but that doesn't seem too promising, as it apparently isn't all too compatible with NL2. Finally, I've thought about just giving up with the extra programs all together and following some of the hand building methods I've seen online, maybe using the built in FVD for a couple minor tweaks here and there (seems like this is the most popular method?... Could be wrong).

Any suggestions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've Newtonized most of my coasters since NoLimits 1 (with no shame to it, mind-you). It takes some fiddling and a lot of trial and error to get what you want, but it can be done for NoLimits 2 as well (i.e. My latest,

, was Newtonized). It can be discouraging due to complexity in calculating, exporting track sections as separate pieces, making sure they're not too large/small/short/long, etc, but that's with building almost any coaster in NoLimits.

There's a plethora of YouTube videos you can pour yourself into to get familiar with using that program, or probably almost any other program for smoother NL2 coasters.

I've Newtonized most of my coasters since NoLimits 1 (with no shame to it, mind-you). It takes some fiddling and a lot of trial and error to get what you want, but it can be done for NoLimits 2 as well (i.e. My latest,
, was Newtonized). It can be discouraging due to complexity in calculating, exporting track sections as separate pieces, making sure they're not too large/small/short/long, etc, but that's with building almost any coaster in NoLimits.

There's a plethora of YouTube videos you can pour yourself into to get familiar with using that program, or probably almost any other program for smoother NL2 coasters.

Great to hear.

Probably gonna stick with hand building myself, simply because of compatibility issues with the other programs (I have an older PC, so guessing that's the problem).

Found a really nice tutorial series made by the NL2 devs after digging around on YouTube; looks like that'll help with the basics at least.

Speaking of YouTube, just checked out your channel. Great work man! Great videos... Plus I finally learned what model of flat the Moonraker rides were lol (had a feeling they were SDC, but didn't know it was the Galactica model).

PS: when you say you Newtonized your rides, did you build them in NL2 and then tweak them in Newton, or did you start in Newton them export them to NL2?