Planet Coaster (PLC) Discussion Thread

New game from Frontier coming November 2016
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Upload files from No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc...
Discuss CoasterDynamix, KNEX Models, and more random stuff!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Planet Coaster (PLC) Discussion Thread

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:04 pm

Lapping has been added to 38 coasters, which allows you to lap the train through the station multiple times! We've also improved the Operations Tab with a dropdown menu showing only the possible operations mode for a specific coaster: Standard, Lapping, and Block section.

The thing I am most excited for!!!
Bigger is not always better.

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:08 am

https://www.planetcoaster.com/en-gb/news/magnificent-rides-collection-coming-18-december
PlanetCoaster-MagnificentRidesCollection_MindMelt1_low.jpg
As we come to the end of 2018 we celebrate another year of incredible content, including three new themed packs including Studios, Vintage and the World's Fair. In addition we also launched the Thememaker’s Toolkit – a brand new tool that allows you to convert your 3D model creations into Planet Coaster scenery items.

However, the year is not over just yet, and we are thrilled to reveal the final content of 2018:
The Magnificent Rides Collection, coming to you on December 18, 2018. The collection will have nine new rides, with one that will have two variations.

To highlight these new rides Lead Artist Sam Denney will join Community Manager Chanté Goodman for a developer livestream on December 12, at 7PM UTC on YouTube.

The Magnificent Rides Collection* will be available to purchase from Steam or the Frontier Store for £7.99 ($10.99, €10.99).
*Please note that you need to have the Planet Coaster game (sold separately) in order to download and play this extra content.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby SixFlagsAstroworld » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:17 am

Yay we’re getting a Vekoma SLC! Can’t wait to see what else is coming!
Coaster Count: 108
Check out my latest project: Six Flags Cypress Adventures
HARD ROCK PARK Coming to Chaos Crafter 2019!!

Postby Midgetman82 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:13 pm

^9 new rides, also including...

Now, there's something a little on the negative side I'd like to point out. I was talking with a friend about him getting into Planet Coaster, and he said it'd be a tough purchase simply because it's too expensive. My immediate thoughts were that "most AAA-ish games are around $60. $45 full price for Planet Coaster actually isn't terrible. Heck, I'd even say it's more than worth the price."

But he didn't mean the base game.

He meant the game + all of the DLC's.
unknown.png
As of 8:12pm EST, December 6th.

It's a little easy to gloss over/forget the fact that Planet Coaster's become a $108.91 video game ($80.91 if you get deluxe then add the construction kits). I'll still love and praise this video game, but I do finally see his argument. Mind you, I did see this game's DLC's recently heavily discounted, so if you do catch it at the right time, you can get the add-ons for much less than this.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:54 pm

You bring up a good point. It really does add up, but at the same time, I very much appreciate that the game is constantly being updated every couple months with new coaster types, flat rides, theming packages, etc.

That is one thing (among many) that I did not like about RCT3. After the Wild pack came out, the game was almost left to rot, and it was very easy to exhaust all of the coaster types and game features without downloading loads of custom scenery and other mods. After playing the game since the day it came out, I finally reached my breaking point last May and decided to give Planet Coaster a try. I haven't touched RCT3 since and will likely never go back, ever.

With that being said, I really do think they should start lumping things together and selling package deals at lower prices, because if they continue to add content every couple months and charge $10 every time, I can see people's frustration. Luckily they are very involved with the community.
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:52 am

^As Planet Coaster ages, they likely will. As an extreme example, I can go out right now, and buy the entirety of RCT 2 or 3 for as little as $10-15. And when those came out, they were, what, $29.99 Ea?

So, I do think eventually, they will start to sell bundles.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Risky » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:47 pm

Okay, whoever is in charge of the marketing for the "Magnificent Rides" collection needs to be fired. Show all the damn rides, and in different angles. 8 second clips is not convincing. :x
Sign here please _________________________________

Postby Midgetman82 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:25 pm

Schwarzkopf ftw!!!

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby cookiex » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:05 pm

About time the Schwarkopz looper made it into the game.

I'll be interested in seeing how the trackless ride works.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 91

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

Postby Midgetman82 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:56 pm

As I write this, they're playing with the Schwarzkopf coaster type live on YouTube.

And right after they built the two height variants of the Huss Snot’N Drop ride that popped up on their list today as well.

PreviousNext

Return to Roller Coaster Games, Models, and Other Randomness