TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Parkitect (PKT) Discussion Thread

So this game might be considered relevant. Note: It is a kickstarter, so there are no guarantees or assurances with this one. I'm not familiar with anyone on the development team, either, but it does look somewhat promising even in an early form.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

SOURCE: themeparkitect.com

Edited by A.J.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one that thinks this looks like a completely "Meh", over-simplified version of RCT2? They're not even trying to hide it...

Plus from what I could tell the only slopes on the rollercoaster were 45 degrees... I get that this might be fixed later on, but... From what I'm seeing so far I really don't see what is there to look forward to instead of just firing up my copy of RCT2.

I've been getting updates from the team since backing them, and they recently did a stream where they designed a new ride for the game. It's an enterprise, and they uploaded a timelapse of it to YouTube.

They're 15 days away from deadline, and only $6,230 away from their $50,000 goal.

• 5 months later...

I just found this thread! I have to say that of all the theme park / coaster games coming out, this is the closest to what the original RCT was and I am the most excited about it! It's a true game and not just a Sim Theme Park. And the graphics, though not amazing 3D, are a good next step from what we got in RCT2. RCT3 was way too cartoony for me as far as the design of a lot of the buildings.

• 5 months later...

If I get some extra cash I will certainly consider contributing to the kickstarter, this game looks like exactly what many of us want, as previously mentioned, an RCT-like game with newer rides and general updates.

The wing coaster with catwalks looks particularly awesome and I am loving the selection of flat rides so far! Here's the rides I saw so far on the screenshots for those who do not read the blog...

Coasters: Suspended (Arrow), Mack Wild Mouse, B&M Wing Coaster, Arrow Looper, Mini Coaster, Wooden Coaster

Tracked Rides: Suspended Monorail, Steam Train

Flat Rides: Top Spin, Topple Tower, Observation Tower, Teacups, Scrambler, Ferris Wheel, Pirate Ship, Carousel

If I get some extra cash I will certainly consider contributing to the kickstarter, this game looks like exactly what many of us want, as previously mentioned, an RCT-like game with newer rides and general updates.

The wing coaster with catwalks looks particularly awesome and I am loving the selection of flat rides so far! Here's the rides I saw so far on the screenshots for those who do not read the blog...

Coasters: Suspended (Arrow), Mack Wild Mouse, B&M Wing Coaster, Arrow Looper, Mini Coaster, Wooden Coaster

Tracked Rides: Suspended Monorail, Steam Train

Flat Rides: Top Spin, Topple Tower, Observation Tower, Teacups, Scrambler, Ferris Wheel, Pirate Ship, Carousel

I'm pretty sure the Kickstarter ended. I mean, the backers are already getting the game (the $40 tier). The regular $15 game will be out next month on Early Access (at least that's their plan).

It sounds like they're on track to release this game within the next couple of weeks. They released a big update to their current alpha-tester group (KS $40 tier backers) and are letting them mess around with it and find more bugs this week.

I'm really intrigued and amazed at this small team's abilities and vision. They have a great understanding of what made RCT great and how to improve on it, and their constant updates are interesting to follow along with. This upcoming release will be more of a "beta" launch off of humble. There are still a few key elements missing from the game, and other elements need to be expanded upon or honed such as the workers and distribution systems. Eventually they'll launch a "full" release on Steam. It sounds like they will continue updating the game long after the "big" release.

Announced on their latest update, posted to their Tumblr (go to the link for even more interesting info):

Sandbox Pre-Alpha

It looks like we’ll be releasing the pre-alpha later this week! It’ll be available to everyone who backed our Kickstarter or bought the game from our website. We’ll post here, on our subreddit and Twitter once it’s been uploaded.

If you’ve been following this devlog you already know this, but here’s what to expect from this release anyways:

This will be an early WIP release and not quite representative of the final game, so you’ll surely run across some bugs. We’ll be putting out updates fairly frequently, and some will contain major changes (new features, systems, overhauls, etc). That said, the game is playable, though there is no goal or challenge yet. Money has no impact at the moment, but the guests act more or less as we want them to. Right now the game is about building cool stuff and trying to keep people happy and ratings high. Money will become an important factor soon, as we’re working on the resource system and staff system that are major factors of it. These updates will be free, in case some were wondering.

I'm quite excited for this!

------

Update: The pre-alpha is now available to backers and those who bought it. I'll download it later tonight and play with it a bit before I post some screenshots and opinions.

Pre-Alpha is out now and available to everyone who orders through their website. It's served through humble at the moment, but steam keys will be provided later when they get to that point.

First impressions: I still think this might be the coaster game I'm most excited for, but there's definitely a lot of work left to do. This is of course a pre-alpha release, so it shows how much potential there is, but it's kinda hard to sit down and play it through for awhile at this point in development. There aren't that many rides yet, but the flat rides they do have all look amazing. The coaster editor is actually a bit of a let down so far, but I think it will get a lot of improvements soon. There are too many limitations with it, such as the max. height and angle of drops. There are however two huge improvements in that you can set the radius and banking to curves and crests as big or small as you want, which adds a large range of new potential track pieces.

The UI is decent, but could stand to be polished in some areas such as the coaster editor, which I'm sure will happen before long.

There are no walls, roofs, or other building compontents in the game yet, and you can't lift or stack objects yet. That will come eventually as well.

The tycoon aspects are also in development, and money is currently pretty meaningless, but there's lots of potential there as well with the new range of workers and distribution systems that are being added.

So all-in-all, it's not really a game you can download right now and get blown away by, but the pre-alpha confirms that this game will eventually be a terrific successor to the original RCT games.

It's doesn't appear to be out for everyone yet. But due later this week. I bought the game off the site for $15 and am still waiting at the moment.

As an aside would you be able to give me a rough idea of the size of the download? I'm currently on a satellite connection for the next 2 weeks and we have a fairly restrictive download allowance so I may have to wait a couple of weeks to download it anyway.