Parkitect (PKT) Discussion Thread

Indie theme park game, coming to Steam Early Access
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Upload files from No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc...
Discuss CoasterDynamix, KNEX Models, and more random stuff!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Re: Parkitect (PKT) Discussion Thread

Postby StarWars » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:10 pm

The most recent update improved the process of finishing coasters. Previously, if the height was an odd one, finishing the coaster would sometimes seem near impossible. Not anymore!

http://themeparkitect.tumblr.com/post/181117321937/version-12

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby cookiex » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:04 am

I'm honestly really happy to see both this and Planet Coaster pick up the legacy of Rollercoaster Tycoon where Atari has slacked. Both have done really good work for their respective scale.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 91

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Tasman » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:48 am

Hey,

I just recently bought the game. I really love the old school 2D-view plus the great amount of theming elements.

The only problem I have is the performing issue. I just started a couple days a new park, where I tried to theme a park with a lot of elements.

As you can see in the picture the park isn't really big yet, but the performance of the game went rapidly down, after ending the theming. The visitors and rides are moving really slow plus my iMac goes nuts.

Maybe some of u guys have the problem as well and can give me any advice - it would be cool to hear from you.

Cheers Alp
Bildschirmfoto 2019-01-25 um 16.37.12.png
Adventure Park :o)

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:53 am

I don't have this game yet, so I can't comment on its performance. But, I didn't think this was a super graphics heavy game (Like Planet Coaster). COuld your computer just be too old?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Tasman » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:02 am

Hey,
not really, I'm an architect and use other Cad and 3d programs, where I never experience any trouble.

My iMac has these specs:

core: 3,8 GHz Intel Core i5
ram: 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
grafic card: Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB

so that shouldn't be the issue :/

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:39 pm

https://themeparkitect.tumblr.com/post/189038616727/announcing-the-parkitect-taste-of-adventure

Announcing the Parkitect: Taste of Adventure update!

We’re super excited to show you the Parkitect: Taste Of Adventure today!

It will launch next week, on November 20th.

This is a huge game update that consists of two parts: the paid Taste of Adventure expansion, adding a ton of tasty new content; and a free patch that adds a whole bunch of improvements and new features to the base game.
Here’s a trailer to show you some of the highlights:

There's a TON of new stuff in the DLC (many stuff I WISH could be incorporated in Planet Coaster, but Parkitect is beating them to the punch). I HIGHLY recommend clicking the link to their DevLog at the top or bottom of this post to see it.

The DLC will be $11.99 upon launch.

https://themeparkitect.tumblr.com/post/189038616727/announcing-the-parkitect-taste-of-adventure
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Previous

Return to Roller Coaster Games, Models, and Other Randomness