NoLimits 2 (NL2) Discussion Thread

P. 22 - 8/31 - New NL2 Update Incoming! Version 2.2!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Upload files from No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc...
Discuss CoasterDynamix, KNEX Models, and more random stuff!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Re: NoLimits 2 Release Discussion Thread

Postby awclark » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:13 pm

I'm waiting for them to release it for Mac as well. I downloaded the demo, but when I try and open it and it gives me a fatal error saying something along the lines of "no drivers found" and "Direct3D 9.0c" can't be located or loaded or something. I tried re-installing DirectX, as well as a couple other troubleshooting tips but to no avail. I had to dust off my old circa 2008 iMac, which happens to be running Windows Vista via a partition drive, to see if I could try the demo out. Dunno why it's not working as my old iMac meets all the minimum requirements so not sure why my Windows partitioned drive somehow can't locate "drivers" but whatever.

If I've waited 8 years for this, I'm sure I won't mind waiting a little longer for a Mac release cause I KNOW it will for sure run perfectly on my brand new 27inch iMac I bought over this past summer =)

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby StarWars » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:42 pm

awclark wrote:I'm waiting for them to release it for Mac as well. I downloaded the demo, but when I try and open it and it gives me a fatal error saying something along the lines of "no drivers found" and "Direct3D 9.0c" can't be located or loaded or something. I tried re-installing DirectX, as well as a couple other troubleshooting tips but to no avail. I had to dust off my old circa 2008 iMac, which happens to be running Windows Vista via a partition drive, to see if I could try the demo out. Dunno why it's not working as my old iMac meets all the minimum requirements so not sure why my Windows partitioned drive somehow can't locate "drivers" but whatever.

If I've waited 8 years for this, I'm sure I won't mind waiting a little longer for a Mac release cause I KNOW it will for sure run perfectly on my brand new 27inch iMac I bought over this past summer =)

Whenever you get the game, do you plan to bring back your fantastic Drachen Fire recreation? You can actually transfer NL1 coasters to NL2. However, due to differences (like realistic friction), it may need to be altered. With the ability to add multiple coasters to one map, it would be awesome if you did BBW as well.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:27 pm

Have you been following Theme Park Review's Twitter feed lately?

https://twitter.com/ThemeParkReview/status/424335914769186817

Hmm. I wonder what would happen if you uploaded your NoLimits 2 tracks to the Theme Park Review Game Exchange? ;)

http://www.themeparkreview.com/game_exchange/
Last edited by A.J. on Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:32 pm.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Tanks4me05 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:42 pm

Loefet wrote:^ I don't see how counting ties would vary that much from counting segments really?
I did some testing on "ties variation" between different coasters and found out that the difference in the editor is not significant, it stays at about 1.25 meters or so between the ties no matter what. But you can easily compare it with the spacing of the grid.
So just place a node and then count whatever number of ties you want, place the next one and repeat. Not much harder than that.

You said that you wanted an "approximation" of the distance, and this is the simplest method, which got a lot easier with NL2 since the distance is fixed on the whole length of the ride.

The concept is the same, but at 1.25 meter segments or so, it will by nature take longer than counting 2 meter segments. I was hoping for something less time consuming, but it does work nonetheless, so I guess I'll stick with it.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FLIPDUDE » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:06 pm

Oh my gosh! My coaster got tweeted? :D I'm rather honored!

And it is on the TPR game exchange, by the way.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:37 am

FLIPDUDE wrote:And it is on the TPR game exchange, by the way.

And that's exactly why it showed up on Twitter! ;)
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby RideofSteel » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:00 pm

I'm having some major problems with NL2... Everytime I open the program it crashes my computer. My computer is far more powerful than the minimum requirements so I'm not sure why this is happening. It was working fine until today. Has this happened to anyone else?

Postby FLIPDUDE » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:22 pm

^hasn't happened to me but soudns like a reinstall is your best bet

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:55 pm

So, before the game was released Ride_Op mentioned this:

We are building custom clearance envelope frames that will attach to each train using a custom script. All you have to do is add the script object next to the train you want the frame on and it will attach the correct clearance envelope frame for the train at hand. That will make it much easier to detect hits than using the tunnel test! It will not detect collisions for you though.

-Ride_Op

Do we know where this script is and how to use it?

Postby FLIPDUDE » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:01 pm

^It's a scenery object which can be foudn int eh scenery library. you just palce it near a train and the clearance object will appear on the last car of that train when you run it.

PreviousNext

Return to Roller Coaster Games, Models, and Other Randomness