NoLimits 2 (NL2) Discussion Thread

P. 22 - 8/31 - New NL2 Update Incoming! Version 2.2!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Upload files from No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc...
Discuss CoasterDynamix, KNEX Models, and more random stuff!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: NoLimits 2 Release Discussion Thread

Postby Moose » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:48 am

The shadows were driving me nuts. For me the shadows were behaving like the train was the light source. My simple solutions.... Shut them off.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Invertalon » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:46 am

OK, glad I was not the only one to think that! I did not shut them off yet (because they do look great... if they did not flicker/move). I think I may though because it is really distracting.
-Steve

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Tanks4me05 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:45 pm

Invertalon wrote:Lastly... I know they are coming, but I really wanted B&M wing coasters! But I look forward to the update whenever they do come!

Tip: To functionally achieve the same thing, just use the 4D's but don't put in any rotation of the seats.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby Mr Stratosphere » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:27 pm

Tanks4me05 wrote:
Invertalon wrote:Lastly... I know they are coming, but I really wanted B&M wing coasters! But I look forward to the update whenever they do come!

Tip: To functionally achieve the same thing, just use the 4D's but don't put in any rotation of the seats.

And you can have the trains reversed on track as well.

Postby Tanks4me05 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:15 pm

Has anyone figured out how to evenly space support connections? When using Newton in NL1.X, it was pretty easy because each track segment was the same length (default size was 2 meters.) But now that the track segments are at variable length in NL2, has anyone else found another metric to approximate even spacing of supports?

Books are dumb

Postby Loefet » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:57 am

^ Why not just count "track ties", I used to do that all the time in NL1. The best thing is that they stay the same distance in NL2 on the whole length of the coaster, and not dependant on the length of the track segment.

Postby Tanks4me05 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:40 am

^ I was thinking of that between the time I submitted my post and when you suggested it, but I was hoping there would be something less painstaking. Have you figured out the amount of track ties per track segment, or does that vary from coaster to coaster?

Books are dumb

Postby Loefet » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:10 am

^ I don't see how counting ties would vary that much from counting segments really?
I did some testing on "ties variation" between different coasters and found out that the difference in the editor is not significant, it stays at about 1.25 meters or so between the ties no matter what. But you can easily compare it with the spacing of the grid.
So just place a node and then count whatever number of ties you want, place the next one and repeat. Not much harder than that.

You said that you wanted an "approximation" of the distance, and this is the simplest method, which got a lot easier with NL2 since the distance is fixed on the whole length of the ride.

Racing for the sky

Postby coasterlover420 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:20 am

Version 2.0 of my multi-move scripting is Maverick!

~Signature~

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Ryan P. » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:53 pm

I downloaded the demo but my computer was way to slow for it! I have a really old dell precision so I'm going to wait until Apple comes out with a new MacBook Pro and buy that. Then I will buy No Limits 2 for Mac. Long process but it will be worth the wait.

PreviousNext

Return to Roller Coaster Games, Models, and Other Randomness