NoLimits 2 (NL2) Discussion Thread

P. 22 - 8/31 - New NL2 Update Incoming! Version 2.2!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Upload files from No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc...
Discuss CoasterDynamix, KNEX Models, and more random stuff!
Counts I305 as 32 credits...

NoLimits 2 (NL2) Discussion Thread

Postby A.J. » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:23 am

Use this thread for NoLimits 2 post-release discussion, please stop using the news thread.

For those of you who haven't checked it out yet, you can purchase NoLimits 2 or download the demo here - http://www.nolimitscoaster.com/buynow.php
Last edited by A.J. on Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:08 am.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

vijnce

Re: NoLimits 2 Release Discussion Thread

Postby vijnce » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:28 am

It runs smoother when you turn the graphics settings down.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FLIPDUDE » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:34 am

I don't understand... http://www.nolimitscoaster.com , the official purchase site, is already updated and letting people buy NL2. But it contains no info about how to buy it at a discount price if you have NL1! I've been waiting for hours, looking everywhere... can't find anythng of the sort.

I hope the .de website updates soon with how to get the discount. I want to buy it already!

Books are dumb

Postby Loefet » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:35 am

Got the demo working, but I'm suffering massive fps drops at the moment, especially when running with the window as large as possible, reducing it helps a lot to be honest.

As a reference then my computer have the same spec as the recommended one for NL2, but the difference is that I'm pushing about twice as many pixels due to a 1440p screen (I would think that the recommended screen size is 1080p).

I have figured out much on where the stuff is in the editor (just needs to learn the quick key for them), the navigation around the editor and settings/menus are pretty similar to the object editor I use. But I have no idea on how to actually make a track. I get the station one sorted pretty easily, but I can't build any further than that. No matter how I try, I always screws up that one section. The adding of track is much different compared to NL1.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FLIPDUDE » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:45 am

I tried importing a scenery object that worked with NL1... it gave me an error saying "Cant read XML file" even though it's a 3DS file...

Books are dumb

Postby Loefet » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:41 am

YAY, I managed to build a complete coaster :)
I really starting to get the hang of it, now I get really interested with the full version. Might still go for a computer upgrade as I have planned :)

A question to the NL crew, what is more important a fast CPU or GPU? Meaning, what is the FPS more dependant on in terms of performance.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby NathanT32 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:44 am

Well guess everyone has bought NL2, I am getting slow download speeds for the full version.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Invertalon » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:50 am

Can't wait to get home to see how it performs... My computer is quite powerful, but may require some upgrading as I am a max-out-settings kind of guy. Currently I can max out everything in NL1 on a 24" screen and regardless of size, FPS never comes off 60FPS (my refresh rate of my screen). I have never seen it ever move even with 3D stuff, textures, etc...

Hoping NL2 performs nearly as good... Currently running an overclocked quad-core processor at 4.5Ghz (from 3.4 I believe), 570GTX GPU (also overclocked), 16GB of DDR3 RAM at 1866Mhz and will be installed on my SSD (although that won't have any effect on performance of FPS).

I may need a newer GPU, which I will easily do if need be :D
-Steve

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:54 am

I think I'm going to wait till you guys (and the no limits team) figure out what happening with the game. It sounds a bit glitchy sill.

Come one. Come all. Ride the roller coaster in my pants.

Postby SFOGdude25 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:55 am

I downloaded the demo. It looks fantastic, but man my computer is struggling big time with this new engine! (I'm running it on a late 2010 MacBook Pro through Bootcamp.)

Next

Return to Roller Coaster Games, Models, and Other Randomness