Official RCT3 Help Thread

Ask your RCT3 Questions here!!!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Upload files from No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc...
Discuss CoasterDynamix, KNEX Models, and more random stuff!
Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Re: Official RCT3 Help Thread

Postby tututiara » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:59 pm

Ok, so I have just started using custom scenery and I decided to get the RR Invisible Track. I'm trying to install it though, and I can't figure out how to place and use it in the game. If anyone could help, I'd be very grateful! :-D
Disneyland and roller coaster enthusiast, Harry Potter know-it-all on the side.

Coaster Count:
Steel- 60
Wood- 4

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Helix The Next Level » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:28 am

tututiara wrote:Ok, so I have just started using custom scenery and I decided to get the RR Invisible Track. I'm trying to install it though, and I can't figure out how to place and use it in the game. If anyone could help, I'd be very grateful! :-D

I would love to help you but i think that not everyone can install them. I can´t install it. Have watched thousands of videos and I do every singel step right but then it says error. This file can´t be opened.
Anybody know why?

But the game is installed on an old computer.
Top 3 coasters: 1. HELIX 2. Kanonen 3. Joris En De Draak

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby la2lvtom » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:57 pm

MayTheGForceBeWithYou wrote:Have you tried a clean reinstall? Steam will sometimes screw up some files on download if connection issues are present.

No I didn't perform a reinstall but I did run a virus scan using Malwarebytes and it did find 870 "threats". Once I removed them all I have had no issues with the program. Apparently downloading from Steam I caught a bunch of viruses, wish I had purchased a hard copy of the program.
Top 5 steel : 1. Nemesis (Alton Towers), 2. Millenium Force (Cedar Point), 3. Flying Dinosaur (Universal Studios Japan), 4. Incredible Hulk (IOA), 5. Parrot Coaster (Chimelong Ocean Kingdom)

Top 5 wood : 1. the Beast (Kings Island), 2. Wood Coaster (Knights Valley, Shenzhen China), 3. El Toro (Six Flags Great Adventure), 4. the Voyage (Holiday World) 5. Ghostrider (Knott's Berry Farm)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Peeps stuck in big group.

Postby PotterGod » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:46 am

Hi all!

I recently started making a new theme park on RCT3, placing a no entry sign by the entrance of course. Then I left the peeps to their own devices to test some ideas for water rides. When I came back, I started to make a nice entrance area with shops and benches and such necessities. After a little while I noticed that the peeps were all clumped together in a big group from which nobody could escape. I tried extending the path so that they could spread out, but to no avail.

Does anybody know why this happens and what I can do to fix it?

-PotterGod

PS. Thanks in advance :)
2015-01-31_00001.jpg
2015-01-31_00002.jpg

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:43 pm

You may want to try altering the design on your entry plaza to allow for more freedom of motion. This should include allowing guests to leave, as sometimes the No Entry signs can act funky and lock your peeps in certain areas. Other times, the way path tiles are placed can prevent peeps from wanting to go to certain areas.

Just play around with some entrance designs to see what works and what doesn't. This clearly doesn't, so try something else.
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

Annoying, impatient and needs to be kicked by a donkey.

Postby I305forever » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:52 pm

Does anyone know if there is a CTR that allows b and m inverts to have the zero g and dive loop element? I noticed that everyone else just substitutes a hill and a barrel roll for a zero g roll on them.
Still confused about why vekomas headquarters hasn't been burnt down by an angry mob of enthusiasts

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:00 pm

I think the limitations in the game track files don't have inverted options for those elements. You would have to script, animate, and import a complete CT, and such rides generally have custom track pieces that only conform to one layout (generally as a recreation of an actual ride).

In other terms, you can technically do it, but you'd have to do a lot of work outside the actual game to make it happen.
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

Postby I305forever » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:39 am

So for an example, I was just looking at another thread on this forum and they made a BTR clone with a real zero g. Would they have had to make it themselves and if someone else makes a for it would I be able to use it?
Still confused about why vekomas headquarters hasn't been burnt down by an angry mob of enthusiasts

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:59 pm

If someone else makes it and has it available for public download, you should be able to use it.

I know the thread in question (Heaven's Harbour), and the OP gave a link (realtycoon3.com) in reply to your inquiry. In that case, the track is accessible for public use, and you're able to use it. However, based on how CTs work, the Batman CT could only be used to make a Batman clone: While the track may look like a variety of pieces, the only ones that are scripted into a game only conform to that layout.
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

Postby I305forever » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:56 am

ok thanks

PreviousNext

Return to Roller Coaster Games, Models, and Other Randomness