Elitch Gardens Discussion Thread

Page 36: Meow Wolf's Kaleidoscape
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Natalie Portman is my Queen

Postby Chaddyboy » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:17 pm

All we can do is pray that the zoning laws don't change and allow the park to be destroyed. I'd be quite happy with the park not changing very much at all except for the removal of the Six Flags name.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ginzo » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:24 pm

From what I have read, there is some pretty strict zoning in place that would keep it from being any thing but amusements. The city of Denver put 30mil into the property solely for the purpose of amusements, and I don't think it will be easy to change that.

Don't bet on it. Having been raised by a real estate lawyer I've heard a story or two. Major real estate developers tend to push cities around like playground bullies Rezoning happens every day, and city council members can be bought on the cheap. Nobody wants to stop development in their municipality, and for good enough reason. Moreover, Denver real estate is quite valuable these days. A motivated developer could perhaps work out a deal that included remuneration for the city's prior investment.

I yelled at Elissa and now I have a crappy title!

Postby ScOtT k » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:06 pm

Even though the park sucks. I still have a great time when I visit. I really hope that some theme park company picks up elitchs. Not likely but... hey.

Shirtless Dude!

Postby Twister II » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:39 pm

I just got home from the park.

Yea, looks like the ride crews read that article today, cause very slow operations, and not one seemed like they even cared to be there anymore.

If the park was sold, I hope it will be moved up north some, where they park can really get a chance to experiment with new rides, and expand.

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:28 pm

I gotta say I realy liked EG! Except Flying Coaster! That painful POS should be placed on Shapiros desk as a paperweight. It was quite a pretty park. Very clean and well kept. Anyway, I hope it does get purchased by someone. It seems unlikely that it would go for any kind of residential as it is stuck right between the freeway and a huge railroad yard. Seems a little bit of a loud area for any kind of living area.

I hope it dosn't go. I realy enjoyed it's clean, wholesome, fun, family atmosphere. Hey, that sounds like a great slogan. Six Flags should try that one out .

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby GURZU » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:47 am

Other SixFlags for sale.... :cry:

AWESOME-O-SAURUS!!!

Postby Homer » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:22 pm

^^Guy, I swear, if Shapiro wanted a model SF park, it would be SFEG. Most of the thrills there are mild, theres a good family atmosphere there, and it seems to be doing well in the SF chain.

Oh well, heres to the new owners hoping to be some local firm that would understand the locals and keep the park open.
-My butt has touched 112 roller coasters, how unfortunate.

I yelled at Elissa and now I have a crappy title!

Postby ScOtT k » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:24 pm

The Denver post has a new article out today stating that kennywood entertainment, and herschend entertainment (owners of dollwood and SDC) are both interested in the park...

The Resident Smart-Ass

Postby CoasterFanatic » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:29 pm

^ This is what i have been saying for a while now. These park sales aren't neccesarily a bad thing.
Ted

CoastinKatie

Postby CoastinKatie » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:04 pm

Kennywood really doesn't have the money to put into another park. They have been really looking forward to expanding their very land-locked park. If SDC's company bought it I think it might fit them a bit better then KW's company.

Besides, why would Kennywood be in the process of acquiring 40 acres of land for the park, and still think about a park that they really shouldn't be buying.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!