TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Elitch Gardens Discussion Thread

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Elitch Gardens, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Elitch Gardens.

Elitch Gardens Official Website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

--Robb

March 22, 2005 - New water ride for 2005 season

August 7th, 2006 - Six Flags places Elitch Gardens up for sale

April 10th, 2007 - Ripcurl coming to the Elitch's waterpark

February 8th, 2012 - 2012 announcements made

March 7th, 2014 - Brain Drain announced

May 11th, 2015 - Slidezilla announced for 2015

January 29th, 2017 - Star Flyer announced

August 28th, 2018 - Meow Wolf Kaleidoscape dark ride to open in 2019

December 20th, 2018 - City council approves displacing Elitch Gardens

April 13th, 2019 - Preview of Meow Wolf's Kaleidoscape

Original Post:

Press Release and photos just in from Six Flags Elitch Gardens:

New for 2005 - more entertainment and thrilling "EDGE" water adventure!

DENVER - Guests can live life on the EDGE with the newest extreme water ride coming to Island Kingdom Water Park in Six Flags Elitch Gardens.

Opening in May 2005, EDGE sends water adventurers blasting down more than four stories at a nearly vertical angle. The massive slide gives fearless fun-seekers the thrill of "free falling" before they race up at breath-taking speeds to the edge of the other side. Then, riders plunge back and forth on more than a thousand gallons of swirling water before splashing into the relaxing Castaway Creek.

"We really have the edge on playtime with this new slide," said Tara Tongco, park spokesperson. "This exhilarating attraction and zero-gravity experience makes this downtown Denver oasis even wetter and wilder."

In addition, the park is adding four new shows featuring quality entertainment for the whole family - a children's program, a Broadway-style musical revue, an outdoor street act and a country music bonanza. The live entertainment seeks to provide guests of all ages with continuous fun during their visit to Six Flags Elitch Gardens.

EDGE is the first new water ride to open since the Island Kingdom Water Park was added to Six Flags Elitch Gardens in 1997. Up to three thrill seekers at a time can take a plunge off the EDGE, an invigorating encounter with zero gravity. No two "EDGEperiences" are the same - riders go forward, backward and even sideways. After the heart-pounding thrills, EDGE funnels into Castaway Creek, a meandering lazy river, where guests can relax, soak in the sun and float along the current.

Adding the EDGE to the many slides, rides and attractions already available in the Island Kingdom Water Park solidifies Six Flags Elitch Gardens as an action-packed destination full of cutting-edge fun for everyone.

"After enjoying the EDGE and all the water park attractions, guests can dry off by zooming down on one of the many coasters or taking a spin on one of 20 family rides like the Big Wheel," said Tracy Durham, park marketing director. "By offering two parks for one price, Six Flags Elitch Gardens is an excellent value for the family. And, with the park adding four new shows and more non-stop excitement for 2005, the park is really on the edge of family entertainment."

Guests can get the edge on fun with a 2005 Six Flags Elitch Gardens Season Pass. This year, Season Passes are pushed back to the lowest price in years - only $49.99 each at sixflags.com.

Six Flags Elitch Gardens starts its 2005 season on April 23, and Island Kingdom Water Park opens May 21. The park is located on the edge of downtown Denver off I-25 and Speer Boulevard South. For more information on dates, prices and hours of operation, guests may visit sixflags.com or call 303-595-4386.

elitch2.jpg.92b547ea8c5112571b60f8f9a5de6001.jpg

"The massive slide gives fearless fun-seekers the thrill of "free falling" before they race up at breath-taking speeds to the edge of the other side."

elitch1.jpg.6a0d12b0dc79c098e6bc1c8040e98ef1.jpg

"EDGE sends water adventurers blasting down more than four stories at a nearly vertical angle."

Edited by larrygator

These are fun. I've ridden the Zoomerang at Waterwold and it was one of the better types of new slides out there. First time in 8 years that they've added at new slide to the park? :shock: Well better late than never.

Why they added that when the same ride is at Waterworld is beyond me... I mean seriously add something unique Six Flags!!!

I'm sorry my bitterness about this is probably getting old. I just don't really understand the logic though.

Twister 2 is pretty fun. Honestly it is bumpy but sad thing is it is still smoother than Boomerang and at times rivals Mind Eraser... Yes Elitches home of the true killer vekomas... Honestly Twister 2 has some fairly fun parts to it and it does give you that kind of out of control feel that a wooden coaster should. I wouldn't ever ride in the back though... :shock:

Oh and Halfpipe is a blast... Assuming they haven't found some way to crap it up over the winter. Of course this is Six Flags... So they might have.

Twister II is the best wooden coaster I've ridden. The back is best for more air time. Front is more for sight see'ers. But usually at the beginning of the year, it runs very very smooth and isnt as bumpy. And they finally got the on ride photo up and going!!!

SFEG has better Vekoma's than what Ive heard about other parks. I have heard that Boomerang there is the smoothest one.

SFEG took off Halfpipes trains off in the beginning of October, with still a month left in park operation. hmmm

Um I rode Halfpipe in mid-October during frightfest... So no...

Also you must be kidding about them being smooth vekomas. They are possibly the most evil uncomfortable vekomas anywhere. I was blown away by how smooth Kong at Marine World was compared to Mind Eraser. Also any boomerang that bangs your head around as much as the one at Elitches should be condemned...

Robb: I just checked and Lakeside, Elitches and Waterworld are all open that weekend. Great time to go to Waterworld except that some of the scenery in the rides seems to be worse at the end of the season of course the tradeoff is tiny lines on most rides

I've never tried to hit Elitches that weekend and I still haven't been to Lakeside period. Well if it happens I would honestly say plan a day for Waterworld as there are plenty of rides to do. Elitches could probably be done in a partial day as long as it is fairly empty. The real problem with the park is that almost all the rides are limited capacity so they can get very full on big days. Of course that is assuming you don't want to hit the Waterpark. Remember though the Edge might look cool but WaterWorld has the same ride and they have the 3 person tubes which means even higher on the other side :shock: (although I guess we probably haven't seen what tubes they will use at Elitches yet...)

^ Are you talking about the one that's at PGA? OMG that one was AWESOME!!!!

I *flew* so far on that!

I'm hoping we do make it to Denver over Labor Day weekend this year.

--Robb

I have yet to still try one of those. The one I rode was the Honolulu Halfpipe at Waterworld Concord. I rode with a larger person and my foot was nearly 1 foot from the edge. They're pretty fun and intimidating as you try to pull yourselves down the drop.

• 6 months later...

I sent an email to Tara Tongco, the manager of Six Flags Elitch Gardens asking about the new attraction in 2006. And if she could give me any information.

She responded:

Hello Taylor -

Thank you for your interest in Six Flags Elitch Gardens. Our next

season is in the planning stages, so keep your eyes and ears open as

all

new information will be updated on our web site. We hope to see you in

2006!

Cheers,

Tara Tongco

Six Flags Elitch Gardens

I did ask her permission to share this.

But dosn't it seem strange that if a park says "New Attraction" next year, wouldn't at least they know what was going to be put in?

I don't know, it just seems strange to me.

Yeah, but keep in mind, they aren't going to say anything to anybody about it. It doesn't matter how nice you are, they aren't just going to necessarily say, "Well, we're putting in a new coaster", or "We're adding a state of the art thrill ride" or anything like that, ya know? If they wanted people to know would just say "Look for our new coaster in 2006." I wouldn't think too much about it. That just their way of trying to be nice but at the same time saying "We're not telling."

Haven't these people ever heard of a 5 year plan?

Anyway, I actually wouldn't be surprised if things are not completely figured out yet. I mean, there is a park closing which offers a good deal of rides to other parks and the way the corporation is in disarray, I wouldn't be shocked if they came out and said "Yeah, we have no clue what we are doing."

But yeah, I'm sure they know it all. That is what PR is all about. Pretty sad that is what I'm going to be like next year... you can all yell at me when you get an email back from me