PKD Grizzly down 'til May

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Banned

PKD Grizzly down 'til May

Postby Mind Eraser » Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:45 am

FYI-
Kings Dominion's Grizzly will not be opening until May. It looks like it's being retracked and refurbished.

In my dreams, they're going to tear up that first flat, slow turn and replace it with a swoop turn or a swooping double down. Probably not, but it's fun to imagine, eh?

I can't wait to ride in in May; and, it'll be all ready in time for Grizzlyfest (which should be an AMAZING night/dark ERT!)

-kip-

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:52 am

That's really good news!

I've always liked Grizzly, although felt it was a *little* overrated, but I think the ride overall is VERY solid.

Now I wonder when Hurler will get the love it probably needs?

--Robb

I Am The Walrus

Postby WalrusMan » Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:14 pm

When will PGA's Grizzly get some love then? Wait, no that doesn't deserve any love, it deserves an arsonist. :twisted:

The Resident Smart-Ass

Postby CoasterFanatic » Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:17 pm

robbalvey wrote:I've always liked Grizzly, although felt it was a *little* overrated, but I think the ride overall is VERY solid.

I too, really like Grizzley. Thought it was overrated until I took my first night ride. One of my favorite tunnels ever.
Ted

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:50 pm

PKD really seems to have some sort of issue with their woodies. They really seem to have their maintenance kind of whacked. We always noticed that they actually seem to run better early in the season, then it's as if they do no work on them throughout the summer because by season's end they're running awful!

Elissa "just my observations" Alvey

WDW's Newest Tigger

Postby RCTfan » Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:48 pm

Grizzly is my favorite ride at the park, not that I'll get to ride it until August anyway.

What is Grizzlyfest?

The Resident Smart-Ass

Postby CoasterFanatic » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:30 am

GrizzleyFest - (def.) Annual Event held by CoasterZombies (Sam Marks). Consists of lights out rides on the Grizzley at night. (usage) I will be going to GRIZZLEYFEST with my friends this year.

http://www.coasterzombies.com
Ted

WDW's Newest Tigger

Postby RCTfan » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:19 am

This is clearly something new, otherwise Sam would've told me. Too bad I won't be home to see it. I'm HIGHLY dissappointed.

The Resident Smart-Ass

Postby CoasterFanatic » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:21 am

I think "GrizzleyFest" is more of a this years name thing. But, he does normally do something at PKD.
Ted

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!