TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite Woodie in Indiana?

What is your favorite Wooden coaster in Indiana?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Wooden coaster in Indiana?

• A. Raven
    • B. Legend
    • C. Cornball Express
    • D. Hoosier Hurricane
    • E. Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Indiana is blessed with two of the greatest amusement parks and three of the best woodies in the world. I voted for Cornball as it is just a fantastic and fun coaster. Raven is a close second with Legend third. LOCOSUMO has to be the most unique ride I've ever been on. Hoosier Hurricane is a mildly pleasant coaster which lacks the airtime it looks to have some great potential for.

Take it easy,

DAC

Cornball for 2 reasons... : CCI + Buzzbars

As for Locosumo....its SUCH a tough call for me. Ive hardly had ANY more fun on a ride than that thing. It was so violent (most violent ride Ive ever been on) but it didnt beat me up.

That ride has to pull more laterals I think than most anything here in the states...has too. Some of the turns are ridiculous

locosumo_turn7_m2.jpg.82f28100404ead728fdf8c163e733dd2.jpg

See? Thats just not even right...

Until this season Cornball Express was my number one coaster on the planet. But then the 2004 season just sucked, and Cornball wasn't delivering 1/2 the air of what it had the 2 years before. I know it seems rash to make it go down so far on my list by one bad year, but Raven took the spot this year for the fact that it is the only woodie I've been on with that flawless pacing. I will have to say after this years back seat ride in Legend I was tempting it as the best woodie....

Legend (#2 rated overall)

Raven (top 10)

Hoosier Hurricane (surprising out-n-back fun family coaster (top 20))

Cornball (I was a victim of anticipointment. CE is too seat specific (top 20))

LoCoSuMo (very fun for what it is.. a mine train style coaster

By the way, those turns are not taken at astronomical speeds on Lost Coaster, but they're taken fast enough for some spine adjustment therapy.

Well of course they arent taken that fast. Its controlled, but its still violent. I mean look, you take the turn THEN dive left. Even with the 2 car trains that are highly articulated, facing backwards, in the back car, is a TRIP.

Cornball (I was a victim of anticipointment. CE is too seat specific

I HATE anticipointment, it has reared its head 3 brutal times for me (Millenium Force, Shivering Timbers and Thunderhead) I was so psyched up for all of them that when I rode them I was all "That wasn't that good." Beleiving that a coaster is going to be so otherworldly good just kills some coasters......

For me it's Legend hands down, my favorite woodie. It's the only coaster that I get off of and feel like I've just been put through a workout. Chalk me up as another one that just didn't "get" Cornball. Rode it front and back and thought that it was just allright. I'm willing to give it another chance this summer though.

Yea, like Raging Bull. Had high hopes, they were killed.

However, Shivering Timbers delivered massively for me...we were allowed 4-5 click rides back seat. Talk about airtime...I also loved Thunderhead. Insane directional changes + laterals + pops of air. Nothing sustained, but great ride.

Cornball I almost find better in front, though, in back you get a few killer drops of just pure floater goodness. Youll never get close to it with regular bars.