Favorite Woodie in Indiana?

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!

What is your favorite Wooden coaster in Indiana?

A. Raven
33%
B. Legend
25%
C. Cornball Express
33%
D. Hoosier Hurricane
8%
E. Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain

Total votes : 12

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Favorite Woodie in Indiana?

Postby Coasterkid20 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:04 am

This is a cool poll I thought of. PLEASE ONLY TAKE IF YOU'VE RIDDEN ALL OF THE COASTERS! My vote goes for Raven, you just can't get wood to be any better than that.

Sucks that both of me can't be Florida's Version!

Location: Elbridge, NY (I know, you've never heard of it before...)

Postby vertgforces » Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:07 am

raven seems to look the best to me...but i havent ridden any of them (dont worry, i didnt vote, im just saying wat looks best to me)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Cesar Geranemo » Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:15 am

Indiana is blessed with two of the greatest amusement parks and three of the best woodies in the world. I voted for Cornball as it is just a fantastic and fun coaster. Raven is a close second with Legend third. Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain has to be the most unique ride I've ever been on. Hoosier Hurricane is a mildly pleasant coaster which lacks the airtime it looks to have some great potential for.
Take it easy,
DAC

Uber Designer

Postby Real » Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:34 am

Cornball for 2 reasons... : CCI + Buzzbars

As for Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain....its SUCH a tough call for me. Ive hardly had ANY more fun on a ride than that thing. It was so violent (most violent ride Ive ever been on) but it didnt beat me up.

That ride has to pull more laterals I think than most anything here in the states...has too. Some of the turns are ridiculous
locosumo_turn7_m2.jpg
See? Thats just not even right...

Postby Coasterkid20 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:31 pm

Until this season Cornball Express was my number one coaster on the planet. But then the 2004 season just sucked, and Cornball wasn't delivering 1/2 the air of what it had the 2 years before. I know it seems rash to make it go down so far on my list by one bad year, but Raven took the spot this year for the fact that it is the only woodie I've been on with that flawless pacing. I will have to say after this years back seat ride in Legend I was tempting it as the best woodie....

Sexiest Lips in South Carolina!

Postby Homey G. » Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:01 pm

Legend (#2 rated overall)
Raven (top 10)
Hoosier Hurricane (surprising out-n-back fun family coaster (top 20))
Cornball (I was a victim of anticipointment. CE is too seat specific (top 20))
Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain (very fun for what it is.. a mine train style coaster

By the way, those turns are not taken at astronomical speeds on Lost Coaster, but they're taken fast enough for some spine adjustment therapy.

Uber Designer

Postby Real » Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:11 pm

Well of course they arent taken that fast. Its controlled, but its still violent. I mean look, you take the turn THEN dive left. Even with the 2 car trains that are highly articulated, facing backwards, in the back car, is a TRIP.

Postby Coasterkid20 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:54 pm

Homey G. wrote:Cornball (I was a victim of anticipointment. CE is too seat specific

I HATE anticipointment, it has reared its head 3 brutal times for me (Millenium Force, Shivering Timbers and Thunderhead) I was so psyched up for all of them that when I rode them I was all "That wasn't that good." Beleiving that a coaster is going to be so otherworldly good just kills some coasters......

Beer Fueled Coaster Riding Machine

Postby Rugged One » Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:58 pm

For me it's Legend hands down, my favorite woodie. It's the only coaster that I get off of and feel like I've just been put through a workout. Chalk me up as another one that just didn't "get" Cornball. Rode it front and back and thought that it was just allright. I'm willing to give it another chance this summer though.

Uber Designer

Postby Real » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:08 pm

Yea, like Raging Bull. Had high hopes, they were killed.

However, Shivering Timbers delivered massively for me...we were allowed 4-5 click rides back seat. Talk about airtime...I also loved Thunderhead. Insane directional changes + laterals + pops of air. Nothing sustained, but great ride.

Cornball I almost find better in front, though, in back you get a few killer drops of just pure floater goodness. Youll never get close to it with regular bars.

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!