TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Wild Adventures

Okay, so I have the Tuesday of my business trip to GA open next month. Since I am pretty sure I'm going to rent my own car I was thinking of maybe taking a day trip to Wild Adventures.

This will all have to be done in a day. From Atlanta to Wild Adventures and back to Atlanta.

I was thinking of leaving at 6am, get to Wild Adventures at 10am. 10 - 2 at the park and then 4 hours back to Atlanta.

Is this doable? Is this advisable?

Gregg "Who wishes that SFOG or even Dollywood were open on that Tuesday" C.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's as dead as it should be...it won't be a problem. Most of the coasters do not need rerides!

Just be careful of traffic though. Even though it's only a theoretical 4 hour drive it might take longer due to annoying construction on I-75.

Elissa "make sure you ride the Insect-O-Slide" Alvey

I was able to do all the coasters, the S&S tower, the two simulator rides, and the laser show in about 3 1/2 hours. The longest wait I had was 15 minutes for Bug Out. This was on a Saturday in January too around 6 pm.

I think it's doable... I agree with Mrs. Alvey. WA is quite easily toured in a few hours, especially on a week day.

My only advice would be to arrange your trip so that you aren't driving back into Atlanta until closer to 7pm. The worst of evening rush hour(s) here is between 5:30 - 6:30pm, and the southern suburbs of ATL are horribly overdeveloped (read as crappy traffic planning) so I-75 is pretty packed at that time. While northbound isn't as bad as southbound, if there's an accident (and there usually is), people here go insane "rubbernecking" to watch the action...

Here's a web site with Georgia traffic info, including scheduled construction... http://www.georgianavigator.com/construction It doesn't look like there's anything planned to disrupt your trip plans, but double check the day before if possible to make sure...

Best of luck, and hope you have a safe and fun trip!

I rode every coaster at Wild Adventures in 1 1/2 hours...and it was on a Saturday. I also got a few awesome flat rides in. Make sure you ride Double Shot and...hmmmm...whats it called? It has all those arms with seats on the end and it does these crazy flips. Eh...I forgot the name, but you'll find it.

So yeah, it can easily be done in 4 hours.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

As of right now it's looking as if I won't be able to get there. The night I was planning on going is our scheduled "Fancy Schmancy" dinner with my whole department with our department head.

Hopefully it will be a different night, if not I can't chance being late to that.

Gregg "Stupid work for ruining my plans during a business trip" C.