Wild Adventures

Can it be done in 4 hours?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Wild Adventures

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:57 pm

Okay, so I have the Tuesday of my business trip to GA open next month. Since I am pretty sure I'm going to rent my own car I was thinking of maybe taking a day trip to Wild Adventures.

This will all have to be done in a day. From Atlanta to Wild Adventures and back to Atlanta.

I was thinking of leaving at 6am, get to Wild Adventures at 10am. 10 - 2 at the park and then 4 hours back to Atlanta.

Is this doable? Is this advisable?

Gregg "Who wishes that SFOG or even Dollywood were open on that Tuesday" C.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:49 pm

If it's as dead as it should be...it won't be a problem. Most of the coasters do not need rerides!

Just be careful of traffic though. Even though it's only a theoretical 4 hour drive it might take longer due to annoying construction on I-75.

Elissa "make sure you ride the Insect-O-Slide" Alvey

The Resident Smart-Ass

Postby CoasterFanatic » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:14 pm

Shouldn't be a problem. Make sure you get at least 10 laps on Hangman and Boomerang. Let us know how good ol "Cheeta" is running.
Ted

Postby CoasterCrazy » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:20 pm

I'm going to Wild Adventures for spring break.

He's kind of sad and pathetic

Postby BarryH » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:57 pm

I was able to do all the coasters, the S&S tower, the two simulator rides, and the laser show in about 3 1/2 hours. The longest wait I had was 15 minutes for Bug Out. This was on a Saturday in January too around 6 pm.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby colinmom71 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:46 pm

I think it's doable... I agree with Mrs. Alvey. WA is quite easily toured in a few hours, especially on a week day.

My only advice would be to arrange your trip so that you aren't driving back into Atlanta until closer to 7pm. The worst of evening rush hour(s) here is between 5:30 - 6:30pm, and the southern suburbs of ATL are horribly overdeveloped (read as crappy traffic planning) so I-75 is pretty packed at that time. While northbound isn't as bad as southbound, if there's an accident (and there usually is), people here go insane "rubbernecking" to watch the action... :roll:

Here's a web site with Georgia traffic info, including scheduled construction... http://www.georgianavigator.com/construction It doesn't look like there's anything planned to disrupt your trip plans, but double check the day before if possible to make sure...

Best of luck, and hope you have a safe and fun trip!

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby PKDFreak » Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:32 am

I say it def. can be done in 4 hrs. I got everything done in 3 hrs, and had lunch, but that was excluding Cheetah because it wasent there at the time. So, it can be done!

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Jordan Shankman » Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:10 am

I rode every coaster at Wild Adventures in 1 1/2 hours...and it was on a Saturday. I also got a few awesome flat rides in. Make sure you ride Double Shot and...hmmmm...whats it called? It has all those arms with seats on the end and it does these crazy flips. Eh...I forgot the name, but you'll find it.

So yeah, it can easily be done in 4 hours.

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:33 pm

Thanks for the advice everyone.

As of right now it's looking as if I won't be able to get there. The night I was planning on going is our scheduled "Fancy Schmancy" dinner with my whole department with our department head.

Hopefully it will be a different night, if not I can't chance being late to that.

Gregg "Stupid work for ruining my plans during a business trip" C. :P

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!