WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

P. 180 - Star Wars: Behind The Wall Sneak Preview!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Gimme Some Candy!

Re: WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

Postby coasterfreak101 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:46 am

^I would think that EPCOT can see a new country at the same time as DHS can see a renovation/new land once New Fantasyland is done and the hype has died down a bit (or Potter v2 has taken over). And Finding Nemo 2 was confirmed a few weeks ago, I believe, so there's certainly a second generation of the early-2000s Pixar movies coming around that could find its way into the parks.
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Stitch_101 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:49 am

^ Finding Nemo 2 has been discussed and they have said it will happen, but I don't think there has been any official announcement as of yet. Last I heard, Disney was in talks with Ellen to have her return. All the other news I've read about it was basically shot down by Andrew Stanton on twitter.

And the more I've thought about it, the more I think Cars Land replacing Backlot tour could be more in the realm of possibility. And it would give them an excuse to update the Lights, Motors, Action! Show and give it a Cars overlay (probably based on the spy theme of Cars 2) to fit in with the new area.

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:55 am

^They do already bring out Lightning during the show, so that probably isn't too farfetched. Even if Cars Land itself didn't come to DHS, a Pixar overlay of the backlot could stretch to the show arena and a rework could always happen. But who knows!

Finding Nemo 2 is supposedly expected to be released in 2016, with Ellen currently in talks to reprise her role. She's always been vocal about wanting to do another, though, so I highly doubt there will be any holdups on her part. Hopefully everything will work out!
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:33 am

^^Andrew Stanton recently acknowledged that he's working on the Nemo sequel now.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-et-mn-john-carter-director-20120908,0,4090564,full.story

As for Nemo in Disney's Hollywood Studios, I wouldn't expect anything to make it to that park except for a possible meet & greet to rotate into The Magic of Disney Animation (where characters from Wreck-It Ralph are rumored to begin meeting guests soon).
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Postby Wes » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:32 pm

^ Have there ever been Nemo M&G characters? I'm drawing a blank. Not counting Turtle Talk.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby triggernel » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:38 pm

I'm thinking no, but Google is turning up some spotty info off the PassPorter Boards about one in The Living Seas back when the film came out. Don't quote me on that accuracy.

I think it'd be cool if they had Meet and Greets in DAK with the puppets from the FN show. Give guests a chance to see them up close. But alas, that would ruin the magic.
Snoochie Boochie

Postby Wes » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:09 pm

I found this picture...which may explain why no one remembers them having one.
nemo_at_ttc-curtice-030531.jpg

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:38 am

^I kind of remember seeing that but then again it could of just been the fish from a parade that I remember.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby dj snow » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:40 pm

They should introduce a new Nemo costumed character, but the only thing he can do when he's out for meet & greets is flop around on the ground, desperately seeking water.

Postby Wes » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:54 pm

^ Or have Nemo be underwater and throw kids into a pool if they want to meet him.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!