Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:47 pm

First of all I don't like American Idol, and I think this is a dumb idea especially for Disney, who is in all reality, as its been said already, promoting another networks shows. It doesn't matter who owns it, its still a Fox show. When I read the title of this thread, the very first thing I thought was, "Isn't Idol on Fox?" So I don't really see how this makes sense.

However, I think this will be popular, just look at all the people you see in the news that show up at the casting calls for Idol...and now if you're saying you have the chance to win a front of the line pass at the audition, you're going to get a lot of people who want to try this just for that alone. Everyone wants their 15 minutes.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:05 pm

Remember Who Wants To Be A Millionaire's run in the parks? Yeah, I barely remember it, too.

I don't expect this to last as long. It will be interesting to see how they work it out, I don't see so many people wanting to audition every show time. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:11 pm

^I actually enjoyed Millionaire. At least everyone got to participate, and the fastest finger game really gave everyone a chance to get into the hot seat (randomly pushing buttons FTW).

Idol on the other hand...doesn't sound like it has any redeeming qualities at all.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:18 pm

^ I enjoyed Millionaire, too...I was even in the Ring of Fire once. But even with that being a fun experience, it didn't last long.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:28 pm

And at least Millionaire, EVERYONE could play at the same time and it was purely objective. This is going to be a few people 'playing' and it's all SUBJECTIVE. Does this mean we're going to see fights break out with crazy stage moms thinking their 8 year old is better than your 8 year old!?

I have no interest in watching a show filled with a bunch of annoying people that think they can sing and probably can't!

Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:31 pm

I see nothing good coming of this at all. It might work for say, one summer, but over the long term it'll be a bust.

I know I won't be bothering with it.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:34 pm

SharkTums wrote:Does this mean we're going to see fights break out with crazy stage moms thinking their 8 year old is better than your 8 year old!?

Now that's an attraction I could get behind. UFC: Soccer Moms Edition.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:36 pm

I think it would have been more feasible (financially) to just retheme Rockin' Rollercoaster to AMERICAN IDOL presents: Paula Abdul - The Ride.

Seems like the logical thing to do.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:57 pm

I bet $5 that Robb and Elissa will try out for this show! They can sing a duet of "Endless Love." :lmao:

Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:07 pm

I bet $5 that Barry will be forcibly removed from this attraction for videotaping small children.
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS