WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

P. 202 - Video and quick review of Runaway Railway
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

Postby SharkTums » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:19 am

The ride certainly exceeded my expectations and there were so many little details that it takes multiple rides to see them all.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Taylor Finn » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:35 am

Having watched other posted POV's (for whatever reason, I was cool spoiling this for myself, but not Rise of the Resistance), it seems like a pretty solid ride and I am super excited about the continuing transformation of this park!

My one question is: early in the ride, the cabinet in the back of train opens, revealing Goofy on a screen. However, there is a fairly obvious black gap above the rectangular screen that cuts off Goofy a bit, because the cabinet itself isn't just a rectangle. This isn't intentional is it? Was wondering if you guys even noticed it.

I absolutely realize this is nitpicky, the reason I ask is only because I know Disney IS that particular when they design things, it would surprise me if this wasn't just a technical glitch that needs worked and not an oversight.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:06 am

Saturday can't come soon enough!
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:10 am

Taylor Finn wrote:My one question is: early in the ride, the cabinet in the back of train opens, revealing Goofy on a screen. However, there is a fairly obvious black gap above the rectangular screen that cuts off Goofy a bit, because the cabinet itself isn't just a rectangle. This isn't intentional is it? Was wondering if you guys even noticed it.

In mine and Robb's (probably much better) video that I just looked at, I don't even really see what you mean. The cut out that opens is in a distinct shape and goofy fits that shape as if you're peaking into the window of the locomotive. That's why he may appear 'cut off'. The effect really works well in person, maybe it just doesn't translate on video.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:22 am

Taylor Finn wrote:Having watched other posted POV's (for whatever reason, I was cool spoiling this for myself, but not Rise of the Resistance), it seems like a pretty solid ride and I am super excited about the continuing transformation of this park!

My one question is: early in the ride, the cabinet in the back of train opens, revealing Goofy on a screen. However, there is a fairly obvious black gap above the rectangular screen that cuts off Goofy a bit, because the cabinet itself isn't just a rectangle. This isn't intentional is it? Was wondering if you guys even noticed it.

I absolutely realize this is nitpicky, the reason I ask is only because I know Disney IS that particular when they design things, it would surprise me if this wasn't just a technical glitch that needs worked and not an oversight.

Yeah, like Elissa said, that's not what we saw at all. I wish we could have posted our video from the ride, but...maybe at some point down the road we will be able to....

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Taylor Finn » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:40 am

Got it. Yeah, I am reading a few more comments online that seem to support what you are saying. I think it just isn't being captured properly in videos. Thanks for the reply and as usual, for the great coverage!

Honestly, this park is getting fleshed out really well and I am excited about that!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:57 pm

It's crazy to think about how a few short years ago this park had four operating rides and most people had absolutely no interest in spending more than a few hours there.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:27 pm

coasterbill wrote:It's crazy to think about how a few short years ago this park had four operating rides and most people had absolutely no interest in spending more than a few hours there.

Yep--pretty much a construction zone during that time. I was glad to see Star Wars replace all the wasted real estate that had been the Studio Tour, though, and Runaway Railway looks like an excellent replacement for the Great Movie Ride.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:36 pm

that looks amazing, thanks for sharing!

I must admit that this has me SO much more excited to book a trip to Orlando, than the opening of Rise of the Resistance ever did.

think this is getting penciled in for a 2021 trip!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Waltrane » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:02 pm

GMR was ok in my opinion. I’m so happy they changed it to the first Mickey ride. I can’t wait to go back and ride it!
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/d07a25bf830f44bab60863e8d0fa0958.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!