WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

P. 184: New destinations coming to Star Tours this December!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:21 pm

Well at least this settles the debate over which Tower is better! :lol:

Seriously though, this sucks.

Makes you wonder if maybe someday in the future problems like these could be avoided by genetic testing to see if you're predisposed to clots, heart defects, etc. Of course, that's a whole new debate!

Elissa "hoping for a full recovery" Alvey

Sorry, Not Feeling Very Creative Today!

Postby FlyingScooter » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:26 pm

^that would be a good debate.

If I was a rich girl

Postby AllisonY2K » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:35 pm

That's a shame. I wonder if it had anything to do with Disney reprogramming the drop sequences on ToT?

Allison "Suicide Seat!" Y2K

Desperate Housewife Who Wants to Live in THIS Castle!

Postby disneygurlz2s » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:46 pm

Well at least this settles the debate over which Tower is better!

You are bad!!!

You know, though... I agree with the poster who commented about the dehydration and the heat. I can remember when Herb and the girls and I were down there in June of '01. It was like 90 degrees at 9:30 in the morning and by noon the teenagers were begging to go back to the pool.

We don't hear reports on all the people who have health issues arise while they are walking around a theme park, or in the parking lot, or a restaurant. It only makes front page news when it happens on a ride, which is really ridiculous, because, once again, I seriously doubt that the ride is "unsafe". I have personally ridden ToT half a dozen times, and as I have posted before, I have a mitral valve problem. IF I had a heart attack on the ride, it would not be the ride's fault. I chose to ride knowing I had a condition that the experts would advise me against riding because of.

Shari "I just hope she's ok" Shoufler

Postby Wes » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:49 pm

She got hit by lightning and then vanished.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:27 pm

^See in Florida's ToT she could actually have vanished into the 5th dimension...if this had happened in California she would be lost somewhere in the random exit hallway!

Elissa "Shari made some excellent points!" Alvey

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:31 pm

Well I just hope she is ok. :pissed:

Bork! Bork! Bork!

Postby Not For Sale » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:17 pm

Lets just hope this will be a well known story so there will be shorter lines.

-Bryan "Mission Space is having 5 minute waits now! Seriously!" Stoll
-Bryan Stoll
Stupidity|Show|Self

Scharwzkopf Shuttle Loop Fanatic

Postby pgathriller » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:26 pm

I don't think it's eithers fault. Like you guys were saying, it probaly was the weather that day. You always have to drink water at a park. I think this was just an accident. It wasn't the intensity of the ride or the teenager. I hope she is okay and they keep TOT open.

Desperate Housewife Who Wants to Live in THIS Castle!

Postby disneygurlz2s » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:46 pm

Elissa "Shari made some excellent points!" Alvey

Why thank you!!

Seriously, it is pretty bad the way the media always does this.... I, too, am really sick of this mentality in our country that even though we make a personal choice (what we eat, what we smoke, how we drive, what we do for recreation, etc, etc), when something bad happens it must ALWAYS be someone else's fault.

My friend and I were talking the other day about how all the height restrictions we raised at PKI this year. He's got a little girl, 2 1/2 and quite tall, and there are about 6-8 rides that she could have ridden last year that she can't go on now because of the changes. I wondered what prompted the changes and my friend made the suggestion that it was probably the insurance company. Good point. I can only imagine the increase in liability insurance these parks have seen in recent years.

Now I will be honest... if my little girl got hurt on a ride (or anywhere for that matter) and it was truly the fault of another, yeah... I would probably sue. But the issue with rides is that the parks are doing everything they can to explain to people up front what the ride does and who shouldn't ride. Like someone on the Orlando Sentinel site posted "They can't perform a medical screening on everyone!!". How true! Unless there is a mechanical or safety malfunction, the fact someone became ill/died on a ride shouldn't be an issue.

But then again "Girl collapses in MGM gift shop" wouldn't grab headlines, would it???

Shari "stepping down from my soapbox" Shoufler

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!