WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

P. 205 - Runaway Railway 4K Low Light POV!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:09 am

From what I've noticed, they've shrunk the number of guaranteed boarding passes. There could be several factors for this. One of them could be the reduced park hours and there's only a certain number of people willing to get up at the crack of dawn.

They are still distributing a boatload of backup groups, so maybe Disney doesn't want to keep giving out day tickets and Fastpasses if someone's boarding group isn't called.

On a side note, Rise of the Resistance is fantastic. It was worth all the hoops I had to jump through, but it does stink people aren't even guaranteed to ride it.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Nickelodeon Universe (MN) & Family Kingdom

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Ape » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:18 am

I noticed they started having a lower number of guaranteed passes after the day I was there on the 17th it was the first real bad day it had. A few days later it didn’t open until 7 hours after opening. I think it definitely has to do with those two days being so bad.

Honestly the only thing I didn’t like about 7am opening was that the skyliner didn’t start until 7:30.

We had early slinky dog FP+ for both days

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby TurnOfTheCentury » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:32 am

Finally checked out Rise of the Resistance last Friday.
Did the craziness (which I never do) and got to the park at 615am. Got Boarding Group 11 and was on by 820am.
I actually think Disney did an amazing job with the organization and staffing of the park, given the craziness.

The ride is truly spectacular. I don't want to spoil it, but for me the most memorable parts were BEFORE u boarding the actual "final" segment of the ride (in the small transports). I loved that Disney messed with the concept of multiple "experiences" of the ride during the line, and it felt immersive, like u were actually walking through the actual experience rather than waiting in line. It felt like several rides, not just one.

Absolutely fantastic. Up there with Shanghai Pirates and Journey to the Center and Tower of Terror as the best Disney rides I have been on.

As a side note, I also rode Flight of Passage in Pandora for the first time -- and I was BLOWN away but how much fun I had. Possibly the value of low expectations? But I loved it.

Postby coasterbill » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:46 am

coasterbill wrote:Please do not do what we know you're about to do and make it 7am because nobody wants to get to a park at 6am on their vacation except for crazy people.

... well that dream is dead :lol:

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Ape » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:01 pm

It’s really not bad. For us we enjoyed being there early before having to deal with the sun. Took a nice rest mid day then finished the day out strong

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:03 pm

coasterbill wrote:
coasterbill wrote:Please do not do what we know you're about to do and make it 7am because nobody wants to get to a park at 6am on their vacation except for crazy people.

It's worth the early morning. Seriously.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Follow me on Instagram for perfectly adequate theme park photos!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:32 pm

Yeah, my home park regularly opens at 8:30, and even I'm shuddering at the idea of trying to get everybody up and out the door that early.

Postby coasterbill » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:29 pm

A.J. wrote:
coasterbill wrote:

:lol: I mean, we’re probably doing it anyway. How early would you suggest arriving at the parking gates? Do you think 45 minutes before park opening is good enough to get through the parking line and get into the park?
Last edited by coasterbill on Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:30 pm.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby TurnOfTheCentury » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:10 pm

coasterbill wrote:
A.J. wrote:
coasterbill wrote:

:lol: I mean, we’re probably doing it anyway. How early would you suggest arriving at the parking gates? Do you think 45 minutes before park opening is good enough to get through the parking line and get into the park?

It should be.
I got there around that time and had plenty of time - was in park by 640am or so

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:09 pm

The real importance of getting there crazy early (5:30) now is if you want to rope drop either Slinky or Millennium Falcon. Since a ton of people are getting there for the boarding pass lottery, walk-ons are hard to find in the AM at Hollywood Studios.

As you can probably expect, I wanted to ride Slinky. I have no regrets since I was on the second train of the day and the line was back to Voyage of the Little Mermaid by 7:10.
20200125071635.JPG
20200125071639.JPG
The line was without any breaks from Slinky's entrance to Voyage of the Little Mermaid.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Nickelodeon Universe (MN) & Family Kingdom

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!